New Isaan Restaurant

cartoonman

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Told my wife not to eat them but I am just a husband. As you know if another Thai tells them it's ok then that voice matters.

We are now sitting in A and E awaiting blood tests, ECG and other tests for toxicology, that is the result of a poor decision.

She won't be making bad decisions again hopefully.

Hope she is on the mend soonest Dave.

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

My missus picks wild mushrooms here in the UK,I tried them once....yuk.

I’ve tried picking them and identifying them, there is so many varieties that look so similar it’s near on impossible to the untrained eye to be sure they are edible and safe to eat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

20 hours ago, cartoonman said:

Yea !!! It`s not many times in your life you know a simple guy who has been given a talent to make MOST people Smile - He has been Lucky with the sales of his Cartoons and Books to be able to give One and a Half Million Baht to The Pattaya Orphanage - but in your Sad 'Piss-taking' Life without really knowing him - you call him a tosser...  Thank you very much.

What happened - Did everybody go Deaf ? And Where did the LIKE BUTTON GO ?

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 1:43 AM, cartoonman said:

Yea !!! It`s not many times in your life you know a simple guy who has been given a talent to make MOST people Smile - He has been Lucky with the sales of his Cartoons and Books to be able to give One and a Half Million Baht to The Pattaya Orphanage - but in your Sad 'Piss-taking' Life without really knowing him - you call him a tosser...  Thank you very much.

That is what separates me from you and many many others.

I won't say what I have done, given, educated or entertained worldwide .... 

• Like 1

On 1/5/2022 at 8:57 AM, forcebwithu said:

A warning about taking Imodium as a prophylactic against diarrhea. When you ingest something your body recognizes as not good for you and starts the process of ejecting the offending food from both ends, that's the body's natural defense to rid itself of the bad food. Imodium, as it's designed to do, interferes with that process and can make a short term, uncomfortable situation much worse. Best advice is to wait one or two days before starting a course of Imodium to relieve the symptoms. By then your body should have had time to rid itself of the toxins.

Yup, a military doctor said just the same to me decades ago. 

Unfortunately I think it was the cause of my Mum's death when she was 93. She loved her Tuesday and Saturday nights out dancing so took Imodium on a regular basis to prevent "accidents" . Eventually her stomach wall became damaged and started leaking (Sorry if your eating food!)

I don't know what other people think: but I think that there is a difference between a young healthy person taking it unnecessarily compared to an Nonagenarian squeezing the last bit of enjoyment out of life.... 

7 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yup, a military doctor said just the same to me decades ago. 

Unfortunately I think it was the cause of my Mum's death when she was 93. She loved her Tuesday and Saturday nights out dancing so took Imodium on a regular basis to prevent "accidents" . Eventually her stomach wall became damaged and started leaking (Sorry if your eating food!)

I don't know what other people think: but I think that there is a difference between a young healthy person taking it unnecessarily compared to an Nonagenarian squeezing the last bit of enjoyment out of life.... 

Yep.... I've gotten away from taking that stuff. But it can help when getting on a long flight.

It also keeps you from clearing out the bad bacteria when you do have the shits. 

Yogurt is the best remedy I have found for dealing with the bad bacteria. I eat it almost daily, and since the last major gastro incident I had (sent me to the E.R) I have not had any issues with stomach problems since then - either in LOS or the U.S. The stuff is miraculous IMO.

13 Extraordinary Beauty Benefits Of Yogurt For Skin And ...

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Yep.... I've gotten away from taking that stuff. But it can help when getting on a long flight.

It also keeps you from clearing out the bad bacteria when you do have the shits. 

Yogurt is the best remedy I have found for dealing with the bad bacteria. I eat it almost daily, and since the last major gastro incident I had (sent me to the E.R) I have not had any issues with stomach problems since then - either in LOS or the U.S. The stuff is miraculous IMO.

Yogurt that has Lactobacillus added after the pasteurization process is a good probiotic source. Another good source is Yakult.

1-Yakult.jpg

• Great Info 1

16 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Only on long haul flights completely agree about Immodium .......... great for those post second meal third wine sudden oh God I need the toilet and then slight rumble in the gut and ..... no I don't .... !!!!

• Like 2

I got a bad stomach that was not too bad but never ending from an Indian restaurant in Bucharest.

Ended up getting a stool sample looked at in the UK & put on antibiotics.

That stopped it for a while but then it returned & the GP said the trouble with antbios is that they kill the good bacteria as well as the bad,so eat some probiotic yogurt.

Worked as prescribed.

• Great Info 1

22 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I got a bad stomach that was not too bad but never ending from an Indian restaurant in Bucharest.

That stopped it for a while but then it returned & the GP said the trouble with antbios is that they kill the good bacteria as well as the bad,so eat some probiotic yogurt.

Worked as prescribed.

Good advice. 

51 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

A thought has just occurred to me.... I wonder if the food he ate contained stewed tamarind (makam). It is quite sweet when cooked and is quite delicious but it is also a natural laxative. Normally you only need to over-indulge once to get the idea!!

We eat tamarind sauce quite often with seafood,but I eat a high fibre diet anyway so probably wouldn't notice the difference.But you're right about it being delicious!

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Worked as prescribed.

After a course of anitbiotics yogurt is especially good. It reintroduces the good bacteria which resets your gut.... brings your gut back into balance.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

After a course of anitbiotics yogurt is especially good. It reintroduces the good bacteria which resets your gut.... brings your gut back into balance.

In Romania I used Activia Yoghurt drink,not only good for the gut but very nice.

Unfortunately not sold in the UK.

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

In Romania I used Activia Yoghurt drink,not only good for the gut but very nice.

Unfortunately not sold in the UK.

Any yogurt will do. Most of the main brand ones are loaded with sugar and watered down - but still better than nothing.

I usually look for a quality brand that is discounted. Any kind of Greek Yogurt (I just like the texture better). I get plain to avoid the added sugar - then I add Stevia sweetener, usually some raisins and blueberries.

No question in my mind that for gut control yogurt is the #1 thing.