Bangkok and Other Airports - Your Recent Experience - Busy, OK or Quiet. Please Add your Experiences.

john luke

I fly from Don Muang to China. Drove 3 hours, there was a traffic jam for half an hour because a truck decided to take a nap.

IMG20230513083923.jpg

IMG20230513083926.jpg

Lots of Chinese at the airport, blocking the pathways as usual, although neither immigration (8 people in the queue) nor security (3 people in the queue) were busy. 

IMG20230513094814.jpg

• Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Arrived at the entrance to Fast Track and while I could see it was open, the dragon lady at the entrance wouldn't let anyone except crew pass and directed everyone else on to the second immigration entrance. Not sure what's up with that, and was slightly pissed to be turned away as that's supposed to be one of the perks of flying BC.

Sounds similar to my arrival about 6 weeks ago where there was a poorly signposted temporary fast track to the right of the second hall.

https://thailand-247.com/index.php?/topic/5244-bangkok-and-other-airports-your-recent-experience-busy-ok-or-quiet-please-add-your-experiences/&do=findComment&comment=279504

• Great Info 2

• 2 weeks later...
10 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Can anybody remember if they noticed a "bag wrap" facility at Suv' when they last went through Departures.. and where it was located ???

It's not so much for security but to add some support to the zip !

Definitely one at Swampy, if not two. I remember seeing them and thinking what a hassle if you have to open up your case for inspection. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Eased through swampy in 10 minutes at around 9,30am yesterday, security was quick no bag check or shoes off,immigration maybe 5 min,,god experiance,shite at aberdeen tho,flight was late from ams,got in at 11,30pm through passport control,waited about an hour for a taxi to turn up alng with about 50 others ,no buses at that time,and must have special license to work aberdeen airport ! couldnt even get a pick from one of the local companys,its really pathetic,all the time im standin waiting just thniking how easy bkk or an other airport n thailand is ,fuckn joke aberdeen.

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Like 1
  • Surprised 1

Glad I wasn't travelling through any of these 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65731795

Passengers flying into the UK have expressed their anger over delays as passport e-gates across the country have not been working all day.

The issue at airports, including Heathrow, Manchester and Gatwick, began on Friday night.

The Home Office said it was working with airlines and port operators to minimise disruption from the "nationwide border system issue".

All airports across the country using the technology are affected.

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Glad I wasn't travelling through any of these 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-65731795

Passengers flying into the UK have expressed their anger over delays as passport e-gates across the country have not been working all day.

The issue at airports, including Heathrow, Manchester and Gatwick, began on Friday night.

The Home Office said it was working with airlines and port operators to minimise disruption from the "nationwide border system issue".

All airports across the country using the technology are affected.

Sounds like the system has been hacked! 

• Like 1

I've just had a message from a friend who arrived at Swampy this afternoon, flying Business on EVA from LHR.

The flight landed 16 minutes late. Immigration (in the Priority channel) took 15 minutes as there were a lot of Arab families with children going through, and they all had to be fingerprinted.

His bags didn't appear on the carousel until 55 minutes after the flight had landed.

Edited by Bazle
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 2

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

I've just had a message from a friend who arrived at Swampy this afternoon, flying Business on EVA from LHR.

The flight landed 16 minutes late. Immigration (in the Priority channel) took 15 minutes as there were a lot of Arab families with children going through, and they all had to be fingerprinted.

His bags didn't appear on the carousel until 55 minutes after the flight had landed.

Common theme with BKK arrivals seems to be waiting a long time for checked bags. Negates the benefit of Fast Track.

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Common theme with BKK arrivals seems to be waiting a long time for checked bags. Negates the benefit of Fast Track.

Solution: travel without checked bags! 🙂

2 minutes ago, Bazle said:

Solution: travel without checked bags! 🙂

Would be nice if I could manage carry on only. But my once a year trip back I use as a chance to stock up on stuff I can't get in Thailand and the only way to haul it all back is via checked bags.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Some info re lounges at LHR. 

I'm travelling with EVA to BKK, Premium Economy, but I have a Gold Card so can use any Star Alliance lounge. I've been in the habit of going to the Air Canada lounge. It closed at 8pm but, as the flight is only an hour and a half later, it was no big deal. 

Today, my lounge invitation specifically mentioned the Lufthansa lounge, which is generally regarded as sub-par, and is also a long way to the departure gate. So I went to Air Canada again and, although they would have let me in (at 5pm), they warned me that they now close at 5:30pm, and suggested going to the Singapore lounge opposite, which closes at 10pm.

That is where I am now. I'm ridiculously early because I left extra time to get to the airport because of the train strike, and all the transport connections married up very efficiently. 

• Great Info 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

• 3 weeks later...

Arrived in BKK from Chiang Mai on Thai Smile on Friday.  Landed half an hour early and an easy passage through the airport but over 30 minutes wait for bags.  I hadn't booked transport back to Pattaya but went downstairs and could have chosen either Roong Reuang to Jomtien or Bell's to Pattaya Nua.

• Like 2