Current Road Works Pattaya (Threads Merged)

Bazle

On the south end of the beach, two of the new light poles the power cable is routed through the access cover. Not only that, but they stripped off the outer protective layer of insulation before the cable enters the opening. Hope nobody tries to close the access door over the unprotected wires.
P3080001.jpg

P3080002.jpg

'm also baffled as to why there are two power conduits poking out of sand by this light pole. They're obviously not needed for that light as it's working fine off another buried power source.
P3080004.jpg

P3080009.jpg

And as long as I'm on a roll of critiquing the new work, the two week old new pavers look like crap.
P3080011.jpg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 4

28 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

On the south end of the beach, two of the new light poles the power cable is routed through the access cover. Not only that, but they stripped off the outer protective layer of insulation before the cable enters the opening. Hope nobody tries to close the access door over the unprotected wires.
P3080001.jpg

P3080002.jpg

'm also baffled as to why there are two power conduits poking out of sand by this light pole. They're obviously not needed for that light as it's working fine off another buried power source.
P3080004.jpg

P3080009.jpg

And as long as I'm on a roll of critiquing the new work, the two week old new pavers look like crap.
P3080011.jpg

Just curious, what is wrong with the pavers?  They are just already dirty or something else? I will be in town starting Apr 7th with wifey.....don't want her to trip you know LOL! 

2 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Just curious, what is wrong with the pavers?  They are just already dirty or something else? I will be in town starting Apr 7th with wifey.....don't want her to trip you know LOL! 

Just that I think they're dirty and tired looking already. 

• Thumbs Up 5

PATTAYA, Thailand – Pattaya City has unveiled plans to commemorate the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, also known as King Rama IX, through the construction of a monument at the site of the old royal sailing club on Pattaya beach

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-to-erect-monument-honouring-king-bhumibol-adulyadej-the-legendary-royal-sailor-455117

Pattaya-5-Pattaya-to-erect-monument-honouring-King-Bhumibol-pic-3-15.03.67_0.jpg

This raised area on beach road is one of the few places to sit and this area attracts not the best crowd ...

So is this a good or bad idea? 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fforest said:

PATTAYA, Thailand – Pattaya City has unveiled plans to commemorate the late King Bhumibol Adulyadej, also known as King Rama IX, through the construction of a monument at the site of the old royal sailing club on Pattaya beach

https://www.pattayamail.com/news/pattaya-to-erect-monument-honouring-king-bhumibol-adulyadej-the-legendary-royal-sailor-455117

Pattaya-5-Pattaya-to-erect-monument-honouring-King-Bhumibol-pic-3-15.03.67_0.jpg

This raised area on beach road is one of the few places to sit and this area attracts not the best crowd ...

So is this a good or bad idea? 

With Rama IX looking down, I suspect the vagrant types will not be allowed to hang around there in the way they do now, so probably a good idea. 

But not so good for the area they'll move on to! 

• Thumbs Up 3

• 1 month later...

Beach footpath photo update from this morning's rideabout.

A few of the new pavers are missing.
P4240005.jpg

P4240006.jpg

It took longer than I thought it would, but the shower fixtures still didn't last very long.
P4240010.jpg

P4240012.jpg

Meanwhile shower #2 and #3 are still waiting to be finished.
P4240023.jpg

P4240024.jpg

The footpath is already pretty narrow in spots, so some mindless drone decided to make it narrower still with strategic placement of trash bins.
P4240025.jpg

Wonder when they'll get around to finishing the planting of trees.
P4240026.jpg

Odd they finished planting the newer section further south, while the older section to the north has been forgotten.
P4240027.jpg

Ending on a positive note. The beach itself is in great shape.
P4240048.jpg

P4240049_stitch.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1