The Health, Diet and Exercise Thread

galenkia

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

I  think gout is more related to body chemistry. Too much sugar in your diet that creates imbalance.

That's the strange thong I hardly eat sugar ...could be in the food I eat here off course,more than likely.

Just now, Phantom51red said:

That's the strange thong I hardly eat sugar ...could be in the food I eat here off course,more than likely.

A lot of sugar in white rice. 

Remember.... "White ain't right"

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

A lot of sugar in white rice. 

Remember.... "White ain't right"

Ye but it's definitely something I don't want to give up,while I'm ay work for 4 weeks I don't eat it,gotta have a balance.

25 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Isn't trigger finger a form of gout or arthritis? some would suggest it is online,if mine don't straight up I might look into steroid injection s,but I'll try these new tabs first and maybe allopurinol later.

Trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis) is related to the tendons, gout is related to the joints so not the same.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/trigger-finger/

I have a trigger finger, if I make a fist and then relax my hand it can sometimes look like this.

Trigger finger

One finger remains curled up. (My hand is cleaner and I trim my nails). I can straighten it by pushing my fingers out/up like a Thai dancer.

image.png

It doesn't hurt.

Edited by fygjam
  • Great Info 2

4 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis) is related to the tendons, gout is related to the joints so not the same.

https://orthoinfo.aaos.org/en/diseases--conditions/trigger-finger/

I have a trigger finger, if I make a fist and then relax my hand it can sometimes look like this.

Trigger finger

One finger remains curled up. (My hand is cleaner and I trim my nails). I can straighten it by pushing my fingers out/up like a Thai dancer.

image.png

It doesn't hurt.

I was wondering if you ever wash your hands.....   lol

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Mine used to lock up all the time. Painful and annoying as heck.

Well I can say with certainty that’s not gspotfingeritis. 
👌👍🤣

On 3/2/2024 at 1:00 PM, Phantom51red said:

From what I've seen sugar is added to just about every Thai dish.

• Thumbs Up 3

Extra tabs including allopurinol to take to work with me ,30bht a strip,the other smaller tabs were 15 bht cheaper a strip than hua hin,just goes to show,same tablet different pharmacy, bought small vit c tabs for 10bht,saves me going to hua hin pharmacy later.

20240307_123441.jpg

Edited by Phantom51red
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Extra tabs including allopurinol to take to work with me ,30bht a strip,the other smaller tabs were 15 bht cheaper a strip than hua hin,just goes to show,same tablet different pharmacy, bought small vit c tabs for 10bht,saves me going to hua hin pharmacy later.

20240307_123441.jpg

I pay about 190 baht for 200x100mg allopurinol tabs if that makes you feel any better.

Remember, allopurinol is a long term preventative measure not a "my hand hurts, I'll take a tablet" headache type treatment.

For foot gout, in Oz the recommended daily dose is 300mg. But one should work up to that. 100mg per day for the first month, 200mg per day for the second month then 300mg per day. Too large a dose initially can actually promote a flare.

Good luck.

• Like 1

I do the same post cardiac event walk every day to see if it is getting any easier.

The first time took me a full 10 minutes to recover after virtually inducing a panic attack thinking am I about to have another heart attack and blowing like a steam train.

I would not say the walk itself is getting any easier but today it took about one minute for my breathing and pulse rate to get back to normal. That is a vast improvement.

I am handicapped to some degree as the last 200 yards or so of the walk is a killer (hopefully not literally) being up a steep hill. 

The cardiologist tells me to exercise patience as I had the heart attack only about three months after my new hip. Two major events I know but very frustrating to be so unfit.

• Thumbs Up 2

8 hours ago, forqalso said:

I got carried away on my walk today. A little under 21.5 km.

IMG_8206.jpeg

You can see where I cooled down in Big C, Lotus’s and Makro.

As I am not working I try to do a minimum of 10km a day, but this week it has been fairly rainy so not so easy to hit my regular target.

Basically has been 45 to 60 minutes on the treadmill where usually I’d do more outdoor walking as well.

• Thumbs Up 5

Yesterday at the gym, met a "fellow american" for the first time. No big deal, but in my case he is the ONLY American I have met over the last year and a half here. Not to say, there are no other Americans working out here, but the days I go and the times I go, I have only met 2 different other guys. One is from the UK and one from Australia. 

Even better he is from Calif, we can bitch, gripe and complain about high prices in Calif these days LOL! He is from Santa Barbara, went to UCSB College and you will NEVER guess where he met his Thai wife? Yep, she went to UCSB also. Mom and Dad sent her here to get her Degree. He was a "hydrologist" in Santa Barbara for many years, just to continue the fun here, want to take a guess at what she did in Santa Barbara after she graduated? Well if you guessed she opened up a Thai restaurant, winner winner. 

Won't bore you anymore with my rhetoric.....2 years ago, he is 57 now, she is 50 ( she looks 40, saw pics of her, nice looking gal) they both had enough of 100 hour work weeks ( especially at the restaurant)  she sold the restaurant, sold the home in Santa Barbara, cashed out and they bought a brand new home here in Minburi. Best decision they ever made he told me, they will never have to work another day in their life...good on them. Not so sure about selling the home in Santa Barbara....that is one nice place. They have a 14 year old Daughter, who is NOT happy with them he told me....she misses her friends she met there.....they are sending her to an International, private school here..

IMG_1521.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

22 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Yesterday at the gym, met a "fellow american" for the first time. No big deal, but in my case he is the ONLY American I have met over the last year and a half here. Not to say, there are no other Americans working out here, but the days I go and the times I go, I have only met 2 different other guys. One is from the UK and one from Australia. 

Even better he is from Calif, we can bitch, gripe and complain about high prices in Calif these days LOL! He is from Santa Barbara, went to UCSB College and you will NEVER guess where he met his Thai wife? Yep, she went to UCSB also. Mom and Dad sent her here to get her Degree. He was a "hydrologist" in Santa Barbara for many years, just to continue the fun here, want to take a guess at what she did in Santa Barbara after she graduated? Well if you guessed she opened up a Thai restaurant, winner winner. 

Won't bore you anymore with my rhetoric.....2 years ago, he is 57 now, she is 50 ( she looks 40, saw pics of her, nice looking gal) they both had enough of 100 hour work weeks ( especially at the restaurant)  she sold the restaurant, sold the home in Santa Barbara, cashed out and they bought a brand new home here in Minburi. Best decision they ever made he told me, they will never have to work another day in their life...good on them. Not so sure about selling the home in Santa Barbara....that is one nice place. They have a 14 year old Daughter, who is NOT happy with them he told me....she misses her friends she met there.....they are sending her to an International, private school here..

IMG_1521.jpg

Of all the expats i know here in Korat i only know one who works out in a gym, guess who ? Some do walks or have some gym equipment at their home but they are very much in the minority.

Answer - Our very own Coxyhog 👍

• Thumbs Up 3