What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Watching "Saving Private Ryan" for the umpteenth time whilst trying to convince the TW the best way to book flights to Los is to book direct with the airline right now. 

Might as well be talking to the fucking piss pot. 

So, after her finding all the flights that are shite including Thai Airways at nearly £850 per person I booked direct with Turkish Airlines. £ 560 each return. 

6 weeks in Los to look forward to I hope..... Visa application pending. 

Back to my movie now !!!! 

Flew Turkish Airlines once and they were great. Stopped off five nights in Istanbul on the return. You'll be pleasantly surprised how good they are.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, nampla69 said:

Flew Turkish Airlines once and they were great. Stopped off five nights in Istanbul on the return. You'll be pleasantly surprised how good they are.

Ditto- we got moved onto Turkish at Christmas and was impressed. Very good. Only downside was a bit of a scrum from the natives upon landing other than that, decent flight, staff , plane and food. Pretty sure the layover was 2 hours 

for £560 I think you’ve done well 

• Like 1

On 7/28/2022 at 8:49 PM, AJSP said:

Stay positive - I had two friends apply. Returned in 3 and 4 weeks respectively - this was in June 

Just received an email, my UK passport has been approved and sent for printing. Now just waiting to hear the delivery details. I need it with me by 3 September.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

Come home to find I'd got my 50th anniversary Z Range cap delivered from Greenham Kawasaki.

Remember the rules - don't put it on backwards and take it off when you go indoors. 😉

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 2

Waiting until 5pm to come along so I can stock up on fresh Chang. Until then will get by on Sangsom and diet Pepsi. Started early today when the afternoon plans were shot by another heavy rain.

Oh well.... at least I am not sitting on my ass at work.

**** also, watching "Better Call Saul" (Netflix) series again. Never gets old....

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 3

Recovering from a very heavy weekend.

My mate came down from Prestatyn on Friday and went home this morning.

In between we drank an awful lot of beer and wine and attended an Oman reunion bbq down near Guildford,where we all got suitably hammered & wallowed in nostalgia remembering absent friends.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 4

Been booking trains and hotels for my next couple of fishing trips to France.

Way too old now to travel overnight to arrive at the lake totally knackered and not really capable of putting in the time to do what's necessary on arrival. Most areas have a reasonably priced place with secure parking not too far from the lakes, so a stress free drive down on the Friday, a good nights kip, short drive to the lake arriving fresh is the order of the day.

Also bought a high end cool box which brags keeping food frozen for 3 to 4 days and cold for up to 10. Been looking at these for some time, finally decided to pull the plug as my preferred company has a 10% sale on!

Blisteringly hot again, so my daily walk may have to wait until this evening.

• Like 3

Had my first day at work without our trainer's to ask for help,the ladies went home to the Dominican Republic Saturday.

Everything went okay thankfully,but I'm sure they were expecting messages asking for help.

We had five weeks with them so learnt a lot. Quite involved is my part of the job, about six separate processes and mostly computer work once we've cleaned and graded the phones and tablets,eight different grades of quality alone which affects it's selling price.

Enjoy it and time flies by.

• Like 6

45 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Had my first day at work without our trainer's to ask for help,the ladies went home to the Dominican Republic Saturday.

Everything went okay thankfully,but I'm sure they were expecting messages asking for help.

We had five weeks with them so learnt a lot. Quite involved is my part of the job, about six separate processes and mostly computer work once we've cleaned and graded the phones and tablets,eight different grades of quality alone which affects it's selling price.

Sounds like a good start mate, onwards and upwards.

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, galenkia said:

Gal...

Slowly getting back into the flow of things here. Need to do a bit of catching up, so not sure what you've found. Just wanted to say good for you and hope it works out mate.

cheers

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Gal...

Slowly getting back into the flow of things here. Need to do a bit of catching up, so not sure what you've found. Just wanted to say good for you and hope it works out mate.

cheers

Cheers mate

I'm working refurbishing mobile phones and tablets for Apple. Good money and I can walk to work in seven minutes.

Love the job so things are going well mate.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Just spent most of the evening researching flights to LOS.

Eventually found a combination that suited myself and a friend that didn't cost the earth. Prices really have shot up over the past few weeks.

Hotel to book tomorrow, then it's the painful application for the visa. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Just reading about Paxman , a real shame 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-62561558

only two presenters over the last 50 years of UC ... hopefully Victoria Coren-Mitchell will get the job , she is brilliant on only connect 

It will be someone who doesn't look like Bamber Gascoigne or Jeremy Paxman that's the only certainty in today's BBC.

Jerry Sadowitz would liven it up a bit ......

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Just booked another flight to LOS .. this one for Feb / Mar 2023 ... found a decent price with EVA ,  doubt it will get any cheaper so pulled the trigger 

Doing exactly the same later tonight, now I know when my current dates for first trip will be. Checked them out briefly last night and the prices are fairly normal at the moment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Doing exactly the same later tonight, now I know when my current dates for first trip will be. Checked them out briefly last night and the prices are fairly normal at the moment.

Been sorting out my itineraries as well , booking internal flights and hotels , been a fun afternoon 🙂 

will send you a message 

• Like 2