What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

It was a really cool morning with a very slight breeze so I decided to stretch my morning walk to the Post Office as part of a large loop that took nearly 3 hours.

I was rewarded with one letter and one package:-

- I received a letter from the DWP confirming that "they had decided " that I can get my pension that I am entitled to after paying NIC all my working life! Pompous arses! Good News though!!!!

- My youngest son sent me 3 x Poppy pins. A Leeds UTD one, a Devon and Dorset Regiment one and a Royal Signals one....Very happy with each of them!

I'm now glugging down a bottle of Sato to celebrate!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

9 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

It was a really cool morning with a very slight breeze so I decided to stretch my morning walk to the Post Office as part of a large loop that took nearly 3 hours.

I was rewarded with one letter and one package:-

- I received a letter from the DWP confirming that "they had decided " that I can get my pension that I am entitled to after paying NIC all my working life! Pompous arses! Good News though!!!!

- My youngest son sent me 3 x Poppy pins. A Leeds UTD one, a Devon and Dorset Regiment one and a Royal Signals one....Very happy with each of them!

I'm now glugging down a bottle of Sato to celebrate!

Awfully generous of the dwp bunch of robbing cnuts,used to have a mitre football signage by Leeds team,and the famous Billy b on it aswell,no idea how he acquired said football older broth was a Leeds fan,70s 80s era,everydays a winner.

• Great Info 1

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I received a letter from the DWP confirming that "they had decided " that I can get my pension that I am entitled to after paying NIC all my working life! Pompous arses! Good News though!!!!

That's great news, will they pay it directly into your Thai bank?

• Like 1

Just now, Horizondave said:

Talking about boosters, I had my autumn Covid booster yesterday and i have had no adverse reactions at all, not even a sore arm.

I had mine last week and my arm was hanging for 48 hours and I felt quite strange for 24 hours. First time having Maderna for me.

Been ok since.

• Thumbs Up 2

39 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

Talking about boosters, I had my autumn Covid booster yesterday and i have had no adverse reactions at all, not even a sore arm.

I had my covid booster and autumn influenza jags today.

That makes a grand total of five covid jags in fifteen months and one relatively mild bout of covid itself. 

They are using a unit in our largest shopping center to mass jag the local coffin dodgers in a desperate bid to avoid filling up all available hospital beds this winter. It is easy to forget that a bad flu season can infect millions with quite possibly worse actual symptoms than covid.

• Thumbs Up 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Watching the snooker.

4 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Dam Stu, every time I turn on ANY friggan sports channel here, I can't escape Snooker!  It's that popular huh across the pond? 

I'm guessing that each frame doesn't last as long as Thai Snook....and on the Telly I've never seen them leave the chalk, cigarette lighters nor beer mats next to pockets after each shot....and tell me this...... Why don't they swap 20 Baht notes after each shot on the Telly...

• Haha 1

I'm just back from a great 2 hour walk. With the change in weather I no longer need to be out early, so this morning I left just before 9am after doing jobs around the house first.

I noticed that Katesiree was open. I don't know if it is newly opened early doors or that it was because I was later than normal but the tall, delicious room cleaner with big hands gave me a lovely wave.......... I'd love for us to cover each other in honey, roll around on a nest of Fire ants and be sand blasted clean....She looks as if she can handle it!!

• Thumbs Up 1

24 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I'd love for us to cover each other in honey, roll around on a nest of Fire ants and be sand blasted clean....

Change that to honey, then crushed roasted almonds, and i'll lick the pair of you clean, well the lady at least !!!!

• Haha 1

51 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Change that to honey, then crushed roasted almonds, and i'll lick the pair of you clean, well the lady at least !!!!

I am damn sure that she is capable of crushing and roasting your almonds with one squeeze if you wish...

Edit = I first fell in love with her when she was cleaning the doorway leading to the rooms upstairs. She just stood there, reached up and cleaned above the upper ledge. I needed a chair to do that when I was a Sgt....Now I need a forklift to get me up there !!!

Edited by Derek Dangleberries
  • Haha 1