What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Fun and games in Thailand.....after a very nice soiree down Soi 6 with a verrry happy ending I got back to the condo(via the TQ & the bar next to the copshop).Just finished the prawn chili the missus had cooked when I started looking for my phone.Couldn't find it so got the missus to ring me....no sound.

So off we trekked to my two most recent pitstops but no joy.Then to the copshop to get something for my travel ins & I discovered the missus had no credit left on her phone.Back to the condo for my PP for the BiB & I got the missus to call me on FB Messenger.

Lo & behold it was in the bedroom....😂

Good job my missus has a good Thai sense of humour!

BTW That's why I don't use any form of banking on my phone.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Haha 1

Had my bro-in-law & his missus stay with us last night so the missus took us to a nice restaurant in Jomtien.

Food was excellent but they didn't sell beer.In all my 41+ years of coming to Thailand I can't remember a restaurant not selling booze.

However the missus went down the road to a 7/11 & got some big Changs for 50b each.

Then I went & played pool in the Piss Bar in Ronpho Market,where they remembered me from my time there 4 1/2 years ago.Mainly because my mate was a regular in there,sadly he passed away a few months ago.

180bd11b-cb4c-4660-93e6-bd8fe3991d5d.jpg

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 2

Feeling very sorry for myself as I have today given up on my hope to make an overdue return visit later this month.

My left knee is basically worn out and needs a replacement op and my left hip is not much better. Thanks to previous operations on both my knees due to accidents and football injuries I have medical exclusions on both knees.

So I rely on medication for the pain and wait in the NHS queue for my turn. Who knows when that will arrive although I indicated I would take an appointment at short notice if they get a cancellation. Sods law, that might just happen when I am on the other side of the world.

I deliberately did (for me) quite a lot of walking yesterday. Had to take several rest breaks when it got too painful and I am really paying for it today. Based on that it is pointless me continuing to try to convince myself that I can cope with an overseas trip and stay. I doubt I could walk through the airport.

Mai pen lai.

• Sad 4

Just going through all my flights and bookings before I travel , just found out that Etihad have changed terminals at Heathrow , too late for me to change my hotel booking ... they have also changed the time of my return flight from Bangkok .. positive I haven't seen any emails 

🤷‍♂️

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

8 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Had my bro-in-law & his missus stay with us last night so the missus took us to a nice restaurant in Jomtien.

Food was excellent but they didn't sell beer.In all my 41+ years of coming to Thailand I can't remember a restaurant not selling booze.

However the missus went down the road to a 7/11 & got some big Changs for 50b each.

Then I went & played pool in the Piss Bar in Ronpho Market,where they remembered me from my time there 4 1/2 years ago.Mainly because my mate was a regular in there,sadly he passed away a few months ago.

180bd11b-cb4c-4660-93e6-bd8fe3991d5d.jpg

Can't say I find the name of the bar very unappealing, is that the smell of the place when you walk in lol

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/27/2022 at 9:35 AM, Glasseye said:

Rooms are well appointed, much more pleasant and better set up than the Dynasty. Great lighting in the rooms, well cared for. Bathrooms are great.

Balconies are very good sized. I always get a room on the lower floors (single (superior) rooms) suits me fine. 

Don't expect a view on the lower floors. I would get a room on the side facing toward the Dynasty. The other side faces the car park which can be very noisy at times (there are drain gratings that the cars drive over and are very loud). Dynasty side is much quieter, but you will hear local noise from the bar on the corner.

Food there is great. Never have had a bad meal. 

Been going there for over ten years now. Always feel comfortable and well cared for. 

Location is great. A laundry in the building around the car park, Sportsmans, Das Berliner in same building. Beach Road right down the Soi. Nice Soi. 

Nothing is perfect, but I have not found anything that I like better.

Their rates for December are Bht1600/night vs the Dynasty (Bht1280/night). So I will be staying at the Dynasty this December. Have stayed at both and each has its pros and cons.

Soi13 is a highly under rated street. There are hardly any bars in it so one can have a decent night's sleep. I used to stay at the Haven but sadly it is no more. Ah, the memories from way back then, when it was only the AA hotel, The Lek and the little hotel across the road from the Haven were the only hotels in that soi.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've spent the afternoon with my daughter.. She went to Naklua seafood market and bought in loads of stuff for me..... and I ,of course, provided the wine.

It was great spending time with her... we even had a good laugh with her Mum on skype...

Lovely day.!!!

It is gone 9pm and my daughter has just driven over from Theprasit market to give me four fresh cream cakes !!!

2 in the freezer and 2 already in my belly!

Perfick!

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, rajs123 said:

Their rates for December are Bht1600/night vs the Dynasty (Bht1280/night). So I will be staying at the Dynasty this December. Have stayed at both and each has its pros and cons.

Soi13 is a highly under rated street. There are hardly any bars in it so one can have a decent night's sleep. I used to stay at the Haven but sadly it is no more. Ah, the memories from way back then, when it was only the AA hotel, The Lek and the little hotel across the road from the Haven were the only hotels in that soi.

Yes, The Haven was a good restraunt also. Was sad to see it go. 

From what I recall Sandy Springs Hotel (next door) bought the property, but I don't know for sure on that. The torn down Haven still sits there years later. Sandy Springs was also I pretty good hotel on Soi 13. I've ruined a couple sets of bedsheets in there back in the day. Then I discovered the Whitehouse and really got attached to the place. I think for several reasons (including the free and excellent breakfast) the price difference is well worth it for me. And the condition of the rooms are much brighter IMO.

Kings Table is another good restaraunt on Soi 13. They used to have an excellent buffet on Saturday nights. I'm not sure if they are still doing it. 

Down at the corner at Beach Road is the TQ of course. Had a few really good times in there. Across 2nd road The Avenue, Villa Grocery nice little place to pick up anything you may need to munch on.

Soi 13 is a really nice soi, and IMO still the best location in Pattaya.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Kings Table is another good restaraunt on Soi 13. They used to have an excellent buffet on Saturday nights. I'm not sure if they are still doing it. 

Walked past there tonight & they seemed to be doing OK.

Not sure if they had the buffet on though.

Edited by coxyhog

I seem to be spending most of the weekend in Hemingways,(think it used to be Retox?)watching sport.

110b for a decent pint of draught Tiger,decent food and umpteen big screen tv's it's a good pub.

Watford are on at 6pm then there's the Manchester derby,F1 & the deciding cricket T20I vs Pakistan.

All I have to do is stay sober enough to take it all in.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I seem to be spending most of the weekend in Hemingways,(think it used to be Retox?)watching sport.

110b for a decent pint of draught Tiger,decent food and umpteen big screen tv's it's a good pub.

Watford are on at 6pm then there's the Manchester derby,F1 & the deciding cricket T20I vs Pakistan.

All I have to do is stay sober enough to take it all in.

I liked that location when I was in Pattaya. Thought Retox was closed and the place was doomed so didn't know it was still operating but by a different name. Next time I will pop in.