What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Having a lazy day at home - overdid it the last two days and I have to start another four nights of overnight shifts tomorrow so I'll catch up on my sleep tonight...

I bet you have some good nights of star gazing that far up north. 

Bloody cold weather coming soon. How many more years do you plan on getting up on those trucks ?

10 hours ago, Glasseye said:

I bet you have some good nights of star gazing that far up north. 

Bloody cold weather coming soon. How many more years do you plan on getting up on those trucks ?

Yeah, I've seen the northern lights a couple of times this month but nothing spectacular; we've only had a couple of frosts so far but it's been cool, damp and windy lately - "bloody cold" won't be around until late October or into November, lol. Not sure what you mean about getting up on trucks, I'm working as a mobile security guard until I depart for Thailand in early December....

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Yeah, I've seen the northern lights a couple of times this month but nothing spectacular; we've only had a couple of frosts so far but it's been cool, damp and windy lately - "bloody cold" won't be around until late October or into November, lol. Not sure what you mean about getting up on trucks, I'm working as a mobile security guard until I depart for Thailand in early December....

Ahhhh.... mobile security guard.    I can relate to that one.    lol           

I've seen a lot of late night "nightlife" (of all breeds) during those hours. My favorite was watching a fox snag a mouse and then burying it for later.

For some reason I had visions of you working on the power lines. 

A shitty drive down from Korat but now we're ensconced in the Grand Avenue Condo.Was easy to find by car but not so easy on foot coming back from Le Pub.

My missus never travels light but she excelled herself this time.....there was more stuff added after I took the pic of the back of the pickup & the back seats were also stuffed full.Of course being a condo no porter so muggins here had to lug it to the condo,albeit with the aid of an elevator.I think she thought that although it's a condo I should take my kitchen with me,just in case.

& there's a tropical cyclone supposed to hit Pattaya tomorrow,should be like a quagmire outside....😂.

5e2ec326-ec74-4a07-833c-9bdf09d95cc8.jpg

efd88997-3ef8-40ff-be78-dfa3b94fa4b0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

Just kind of looking at a few pics from the Roger Waters concert from this past Sat evening.....like alot of you, I have been around a while......seen some great visual presentations from 4 decades, this one was right up there with the greatest. 

This You Tube video taken by this guy was a few sections down from us, gives a great view of the overall stage. 

For you European guys, this tour is coming to an arena in your area starting in 2023....highly recommended and is being billed as his " farewell tour" 

https://rogerwaters.com/2023-european-tour/

DSCN1567.jJPG .jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Decided to have a week away from the fishing to sort a few bits and bobs out.

Managed to get my flu jab today and finally arranged a date for my for my Typhoid booster.

Also I received the text from the NHS today, so was able to book my covid booster too!

Hopefully with no complications I should be set up well for my winter trip to Asia.

• Thumbs Up 2

Just got through my first day of training at British Airways head office at Waterside, Heathrow.

Was very relaxed and welcoming. Enjoyed the day with 8 other former employees.

Get my ID tomorrow and straight away I can get discount tickets with BA in both premium and economy class.

Got given a very nice laptop for work use and got confirmed that I can work my own hours. I have signed up for minimum 25 hours a week but expect to work more.

Waterside is a village, has restaurants, coffee shops, a bank and a Sainsbury.

Staying at Premier Inn Terminal 5 with nice views.

On expenses so off for a nice meal and a drink.

IMG20220926110610.jpg

IMG20220926172328.jpg

IMG20220926173634.jpg

IMG20220926173042.jpg

• Like 4
  • Great Info 1

11 hours ago, coxyhog said:

A shitty drive down from Korat but now we're ensconced in the Grand Avenue Condo.Was easy to find by car but not so easy on foot coming back from Le Pub.

My missus never travels light but she excelled herself this time.....there was more stuff added after I took the pic of the back of the pickup & the back seats were also stuffed full.Of course being a condo no porter so muggins here had to lug it to the condo,albeit with the aid of an elevator.I think she thought that although it's a condo I should take my kitchen with me,just in case.

& there's a tropical cyclone supposed to hit Pattaya tomorrow,should be like a quagmire outside....😂.

5e2ec326-ec74-4a07-833c-9bdf09d95cc8.jpg

efd88997-3ef8-40ff-be78-dfa3b94fa4b0.jpg

I'm speechless mate. Trying not to laugh.

I had a real eye opener with Patts a couple months ago (all of the construction, etc.).

You've found yourself smack in  the middle of it....     with a friggen massive typhoon headed your way no less. 

Best of luck to you mate. I really mean it.

• Thumbs Up 1

Trying to plan my thailand trip with maybe a 5/7 days stint to cambo,not going back to hua hin,2 nights in bangkok then heading for pattaya,searching booking.com jeez what is all these oyo hotels,last trip to patts was 2019 to meet some friends stayed at sutus court,but looking for nearer to beach road,bit more comfort, maybe dynasty inn tho i guess thats pretty dated by now but i like the style.

Nice coincidence a new guy started working with us yesterday early 60s stays in manilla with his pino wife,first hit pattaya early 80s,good to hear his storys,mentioned moonlight hotel but ive never heard of it ,prob long gone.

Anyhow back to booking and agoda enjoying the search and a lot of good deals at the moment.

Will be looking for motobike scooter hire,used to hire from mark kessaya but no idea if hes still around,if ye read this mark send me pm :)

4 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Last night had a message from mum's care home,"Call us ASAP".

Her & her mate plus one staff member have tested + for Covid.

She's got no symptoms apart from a tickly cough occasionally.

Must've been the staff member who brought it into the home.

Sorry to hear that.

Did you fly Eva?

Is there still a requirement to wear a mask do you know?

• Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Trying to plan my thailand trip with maybe a 5/7 days stint to cambo,not going back to hua hin,2 nights in bangkok then heading for pattaya,searching booking.com jeez what is all these oyo hotels,last trip to patts was 2019 to meet some friends stayed at sutus court,but looking for nearer to beach road,bit more comfort, maybe dynasty inn tho i guess thats pretty dated by now but i like the style.

Nice coincidence a new guy started working with us yesterday early 60s stays in manilla with his pino wife,first hit pattaya early 80s,good to hear his storys,mentioned moonlight hotel but ive never heard of it ,prob long gone.

Anyhow back to booking and agoda enjoying the search and a lot of good deals at the moment.

Will be looking for motobike scooter hire,used to hire from mark kessaya but no idea if hes still around,if ye read this mark send me pm 🙂

Whitehouse Condotel.    next hotel down Soi 13, butts up to the Dynasty. Absolutely fabulous place. Wonderful GM, great brekkie (free), wonderful staff.

Been my go-to for years.

https://www.whitehousecondotel.com/

Edited by Glasseye