What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Bought my lads an Oculus Quest VR headset ... (Virtual Reality)

Absolutely unbelievable it's a completely different world. There are games , but also videos in You Tube VR in 360 degrees .

Music videos etc etc.

I can't believe how advanced we are becoming this thing is just gamechanging 

Edited by roomark
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

5 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

New temporary Pattaya Police Chief started today .. 🤷‍♂️

It's a joke. Queues of traffic with people going home. Thousands of baht lost to businesses and lots of tourists being caught by surprised.

I expect it will all be back.to normal tommorrow,at least I hope so. Who knows?. Can't see a logic

1 hour ago, roomark said:

Bought my lads an Oculus Quest VR headset ... (Virtual Reality)

Absolutely unbelievable it's a completely different world. There are games , but also videos in You Tube VR in 360 degrees .

Music videos etc etc.

I can't believe how advanced we are becoming this thing is just gamechanging 

Wow-spooky  just had a convo with my son about this. I bought him one 3 years ago and seldom used so was looking to sell 

• Surprised 1

7 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

Back to the room. For some unknown reason, to me anyway, bars ordered to close at midnight tonight in Pattaya. Everyone pissed off. 

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

New temporary Pattaya Police Chief started today .. 🤷‍♂️

So that's what was going on last night. I was at King's Club and noticed they kept checking the camera feed outside. Was told they were watching for police to come. Decided I didn't need to be there when that happened so paid up and went over to Purple Club.

At PC I was enjoying some private entertainment behind the curtain when I heard a bunch of Thai yakking back and forth. My lady said they got a call the police were coming. Fortunately it was just after she had made me another satisfied customer so paid up and went home.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

Just finished booking a condo in Pattaya for Monday.Used booking.com but not easy when you're using your phone with a Thai sim card for a hotspot & the cc card companies & bank keep sending OTP's to my UK mobile.Eventually used Amex as they send it by email.

But it was very frustrating,especially when at the end I couldn't find my Thai sim card.Missus found it after a long search.

Staying in the Grand Avenue Condo by Bormon,I guess somewhere around the Avenue.

• Like 2
  • Surprised 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Just finished booking a condo in Pattaya for Monday.Used booking.com but not easy when you're using your phone with a Thai sim card for a hotspot & the cc card companies & bank keep sending OTP's to my UK mobile.Eventually used Amex as they send it by email.

But it was very frustrating,especially when at the end I couldn't find my Thai sim card.Missus found it after a long search.

Staying in the Grand Avenue Condo by Bormon,I guess somewhere around the Avenue.

Think I read there is still a lot of roadworks going on in that area , hopefully not too noisy 

7 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Link below to posts with pics from Sunday and today of the ongoing road works construction. Probably not a problem if you're using two feet or two wheels to get around, but vehicle access may be problematic in the coming weeks if not days.

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

I always take a card reader but usually I get offered the chance to receive an OTP or authorise via my app. Overseas I generally use the app.

Chilling out.

Got today and tomorrow off work on holiday. Got another 10 days to use this year plus we have seven days off for Jewish religious days between next week and the end of October.

Perk of having Jewish owners, they shut down all the branches on Jewish holidays.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

18 hours ago, coxyhog said:

On my morning walk I decided to tag on an extra 30 minutes to go check my PO Box, so walked down passed your hotel on the way to the Post Office.

Lots of metal on metal hammering and heavy machinery outside your hotel but it shouldn't be a problem in your hotel room or swimming pool etc. However it will be extremely mucky if it rains ...... and it WILL rain!

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

On my morning walk I decided to tag on an extra 30 minutes to go check my PO Box, so walked down passed your hotel on the way to the Post Office.

Lots of metal on metal hammering and heavy machinery outside your hotel but it shouldn't be a problem in your hotel room or swimming pool etc. However it will be extremely mucky if it rains ...... and it WILL rain!

Will I be able to reach it in our pick-up?

21 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Link below to posts with pics from Sunday and today of the ongoing road works construction. Probably not a problem if you're using two feet or two wheels to get around, but vehicle access may be problematic in the coming weeks if not days.

Lesson learned,check with people on the ground beforehand.I was booked in the LK Residence but changed it because I fancied a condo.Paid now & it's non-refundable so I'll see what Monday brings.

18 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Currently the answer is yes. I expect you will be able to for several weeks to come while they work on the section from the Grand entrance to Buakhao as they are leaving vehicle access open to the west. 

So which is the best way to get there,I'm not that familiar with the area?