What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Back home after a nice flight on EVA ruined for me as I've got a really bad head cold.

Got through passports at T2 eventually,there were huge queues,& then had a sudden urge for a No 2.

Now there must've been several hundred people in the baggage reclaim area & one gents toilet with 6 shithouses in it....

Rant over now the good stuff,just went through a mountain of mail to find that I won £25 on the Premium Bonds in Oct,my mum won £225 & my missus won £1000.

Worse thing I did before leaving was put some money on my mums pay as you go mobile.

I had a Thai sim so she couldn't ring me(I called her daily via Whatsapp video on the care homes mob)so when I turned my mob on in the UK with my O2 sim I have well over 100 messages from my mother.

Picking her up tomorrow from the care home & taking her home....going to be an interesting few days.

• Like 7

Think I came back from Thailand with Bronchitis,went from a sore throat then full blown headcold to a chest infection & serious fatigue in 3 days.

Had it before in the US & symptoms were much the same.

Trouble is we have my 92yo very frail mother with us as she's not able enough to go to her own home.

Edited by coxyhog
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Think I came back from Thailand with Bronchitis,went from a sore throat then full blown headcold to a chest infection & serious fatigue in 3 days.

Trouble is we have my 92yo very frail mother with us as she's not able enough to go to her own home.

I came down with something similar during my second week. Felt awful and spent 3 days in my room just sleeping. Knocked me right out, and left me low on energy for days later. I still have the remnants of it hanging around. I know of a few people who picked up.this bug and it isxquite contagious and far worse than Covid. 

• Great Info 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

We had a hash run yesterday and four of the 35 were a no shows due to the same symptoms. My co-hare had the same a week ago, but fortunately recovered in time to help set trail. Whatever it is, it is very infectious so you'll need to take appropriate precautions around your mother.

• Great Info 3

9 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

I came down with something similar during my second week. Felt awful and spent 3 days in my room just sleeping. Knocked me right out, and left me low on energy for days later. I still have the remnants of it hanging around. I know of a few people who picked up.this bug and it isxquite contagious and far worse than Covid. 

Guy I used to work with just spent 4 weeks in Pattaya,2 of it with this lurgy.

Could well be Bronchitis,it is contagious.

Just had the boat hauled out of the wiater for the winter.

I knew it had a dirty bottom as I was having to use more revs than normal, but not seen it this bad before....

20221010_103338.jpg

Photo taken after the yard had pressure washed most of it.... and we're swearing about the condition of it!

Edited by Painter
  • Surprised 4

34 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I have just come back inside from sitting on my step, under my tree, in the rain, drinking wine and thinking about @coxyhog.

Y'see, we were worlds apart in 1981 but each was shagging an Asian girl. I was a Sgt in Derry and he was in Pattaya. I wonder if his girl had an Ian Paisley accent too........

I was on leave from Saudi and like a kid let loose in a sweetshop but one thing I'm glad of....

None of them had Ian Paisley accents.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Yeh! I bet the only women available in Saudi then were more like Bob Paisley !!!

Never had the pleasure of a woman in Saudi,we used to call the natives Guinness bottles as that's exactly what they looked like sat in the back of pickups.

• Haha 1