What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Chilling at the mall, seeing if there are any sales before I leave. Bloody good walk it was, but treacherous…..about a mile and 1/4 section of it on a narrow country road with no shoulder at some points. I was very careful, had the flashlight on, even stopped when  people came up behind me before proceeding. Doesn’t help it was dark and limit is 50k/30 mph but people approach double that! Ah well, we all know it’s pointless to argue with Frenchmen, can’t tell them how to behave ! 

DDA40AAA-36A2-4F1A-A67A-777711DA0CE6.jpeg

A1D91F1F-F304-4A92-AD78-4A6394AD3D3E.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Golfingboy said:

Chilling at the mall, seeing if there are any sales before I leave. Bloody good walk it was, but treacherous…..about a mile and 1/4 section of it on a narrow country road with no shoulder at some points. I was very careful, had the flashlight on, even stopped when  people came up behind me before proceeding. Doesn’t help it was dark and limit is 50k/30 mph but people approach double that! Ah well, we all know it’s pointless to argue with Frenchmen, can’t tell them how to behave ! 

It doesn't help that it gets dark much earlier in the northern latitudes.

Decades ago when I was a much younger lad I traveled to Sweden to hook up with a female pen pal. What was interesting to see while there was almost all the children and quite a few adults wore reflectors dangling from their coats. Really worked well to warn cars they were coming up on a pedestrian.

And the pen pal. Had a great time, so much so my cousin asked for her contact details and visited her the next summer on a backpacking trip across Europe. Apparently they hit it off better than I did as he moved to Sweden the next year and married her. Didn't get so much as a thank you card. :default_crybaby:

reflexer-barn-950x580.jpg

• Like 3
  • Great Info 1

@forcebwithu Ha! Was dressed head to toe in black actually, I take full blame, it’s not safe. My comfy activewear just happened to be that colour. But I was also very careful with the traffic and used my flashlight. Pleasant walk like I said, I knew what I was going to be dealing with for ~  25 minutes, I grew up in this suburb and that road is maybe the only land that hasn’t changed much. Won’t be doing it again, it IS a straight line to a billion $ mall and not illegal per se….but just not worth it. As alert as I am, ONE speeding kid who drops his eyes for a text could kill me…..not worth it

• Like 1

Celebrated the weight loss by buying a few shirts here. Brand new here in Canada, for years I saw Adam Scott and Federer sponsored by these guys. Maybe it’s like Beer Lao…..our local retailers know it’s good and want to stop competition! 

1ADCB31A-2654-475F-9F8B-3CBB070EE574.jpeg

1ADD4941-0287-4AF2-8334-7AA58BCE26D3.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

According to the NHS website my BMI is 38.7 

38 for me too. At 6” it only drops by 1 every 7.4 pounds. Not easy for us, but it doesn’t take into account muscle. 25 I’ll never attain but 30 would be nice medium term. It’s a number with SOME importance, definitely, just calculated I was almost 46 at my worst…ughhh

6 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Celebrated the weight loss by buying a few shirts here. Brand new here in Canada, for years I saw Adam Scott and Federer sponsored by these guys. Maybe it’s like Beer Lao…..our local retailers know it’s good and want to stop competition! 

1ADCB31A-2654-475F-9F8B-3CBB070EE574.jpeg

Mine today 

9F548256-BD02-43B0-8698-5EC8D0E7E302.png

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I then tabbed all the way home along Bongkot and across Sukhumvit. I was a huffin' and a puffin' gasping for air in the last 500m pushing myself but @Golfingboy within a minute my breathing, pulse and sweating had all returned to normal which is a truer indication of my fitness than any BMI ....!!

Is that after a bottle of Sato was opened?    :default_biggrin:

• Haha 2

Heading off to view a.car. the valve stems seals , worn piston  rings were gone on my Mini Cooper and probably would not have got through the MOT due in December  immisions test so I sold it. 

Hate all the stress of buying second hand cars but I am getting a mate to drive me to the dealer and he knows a fair bit about cars and a second eye helps. I only do about 3 thousand miles a year, tops, but reliability is more important than performance and keeping my Insurance low.  It seems to be a sellers market in UK at present, despite the recession.  

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Heading off to view a.car. the valve stems seals , worn piston  rings were gone on my Mini Cooper and probably would not have got through the MOT due in December  immisions test so I sold it. 

Hate all the stress of buying second hand cars but I am getting a mate to drive me to the dealer and he knows a fair bit about cars and a second eye helps. I only do about 3 thousand miles a year, tops, but reliability is more important than performance and keeping my Insurance low.  It seems to be a sellers market in UK at present, despite the recession.  

Always a mine field buying a 2nd hand car.

8 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

9F548256-BD02-43B0-8698-5EC8D0E7E302.png

That app appears to be rather generous in calculating your step length (distance/steps), 83-86cm. Either that or you're both 7' tall giants.

A quick google says the average male step length is 76cm.

My Samsung health app says my step length is 77cm based on this mornings march.

Edited by fygjam
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, fygjam said:

That app appears to be rather generous in calculating your step length (distance/steps), 83-86cm. Either that or you're both 7' tall giants.

A quick google says the average male step length is 76cm.

My Samsung health app says my step length is 77cm based on this mornings march.

Well I'm the perfect weight for 7' ..... 555 😉 

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Watching a fit Thai girl thrash everyone on the pool table.

Just put my name up to see if I can remember how to play.

Well to confirm how bad my eyes have gotten. Lol

Well, I beat the girl, but lost to the next guy because I missed a long shot.

I remembered how to play, but the eyes are worse as I thought.  

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, Binlid said:

We hold a Lights of Rememberance service every year at the hospice, families of relatives that we have cared for over the years are invited to attend and they have a mince pie and glass of mulled wine after the service.

Fantastic!

We are approaching the time of Remembrance which can be quite difficult for some. You are doing a fantastic job! Thank You on behalf of the ones that haven't made it through the year.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, fygjam said:

Think you have a point there. Weird though because when I bothered to check before, I was around 76 cm, and now the APP has more info/upgrades but calculates it higher. Odd….I must admit