What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

5 hours ago, Binlid said:

Just got off the phone to the police, woke up to find my new car stolen from outside our flat. Bastards must have got in through the back because they left the parcel shelf for me.It was a top of the range Fiesta Titanium.

received_150478384705054.jpeg

So sorry to hear about that mate. You are a good man that doesn't deserve this shit. 

Yonks ago I bought a Sierra which was subsequently broken into whilst I was working in London. No finesse at all, just all the windows smashed in and vandalised. When I got back to it, I put my head in and got quite upset at the state of the car with glass everywhere and ripped seats. Everybody thought that I was overeacting but what they didn't know was that it brought back memories of walking through the debris of my house after it was blown up by the IRA ..

KUNTS THE LOT OF 'EM !!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Sad 3

36 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Stayed up late last night to binge watch the end of some TV I had recorded. That put pay to my sleep pattern. 

Woke up just past mid day. Lol

I was doing well today.. Got up normal time, had a poop then headed off to Big C for my first walk since getting back.. I got back, cooked food and drank half a bottle of pomegranate wine ... then fell asleep for 4 hours !!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I was doing well today.. Got up normal time, had a poop then headed off to Big C for my first walk since getting back.. I got back, cooked food and drank half a bottle of pomegranate wine ... then fell asleep for 4 hours !!!

Nice, I normally only drink at the weekends and Friday usually qualifies especially if I have been good all week. 

Quite often I will end up falling asleep in the chair before it's too late, then going to bed for another good kip, hopefully waking up early to start the day again.

2 hours ago, boydeste said:

Yup, pointless putting yourself through the ringer when you have better options. 

I have to renew my passport sometime over the next year,  but have a fairly full schedule of trips. 

Decided to do it after my last fishing one and before my winter adventures.

Unfortunately that will mean I won't be able to book a flight until the last minute,  which will probably incur more cost.

Remember that to travel to EU , there are new rules for third party countries ... someone on my last flight was turned away 

https://www.which.co.uk/news/article/eu-passport-renewal-expiry-rules-uk-aRaVG6j5PpyJ

• Great Info 2

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Can't bloody sleep now at nearly 2am.... I'm hoping that England will do the trick and get me off snoozing soon !!!

Just got home myself and opened a bottle of wine for the match.

Could both be snoring 7000 miles away together. LOL

30 mins ago I was stressed, now I am not.

Last few days my internet connection has shown as NWSUP WAN, yet my internet subscription is paid to Virgin. Kept saying Virgin enabled, secured but not connected. I was connected to this NWSUP which I had no idea what it was. Tried to change to Virgin but just would not let me

Thing is I had internet but I was worried I was using a dodgy internet despite not signing in or anything, worse still thought somebody was looking at everything I was doing.

Suddenly, 30 mins ago, that NWSUP internet disconnected, but I could still not connect with my Virgin internet, even if I forgot it and and connected by imputing the password again.

I thought, what the hell do I do, so I went into internet settings and saw that you could reset all network adapters. It suggested it was a last resort fix but I thought, why not. Hit reset, got a warning but carried on. Laptop rebooted after a 2mins warning.

Booted up, looked for my Virgin internet and tried to connect, asked me to put the password in and low and behold I had internet. I even got the Wi-Fi symbol for the first time in days instead of a globe on the task bar.

Happy days. Would like to know what happened though.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

12 hours ago, Binlid said:

Just got off the phone to the police, woke up to find my new car stolen from outside our flat. Bastards must have got in through the back because they left the parcel shelf for me.It was a top of the range Fiesta Titanium.

Seems theft is not only confined to the UK mate. 

Wifey just got home from work minus her £1400 electric bicycle. She normally parks it up at the train station, locks it with 2 different locks and removed the battery. Got back from work and some cnut has nicked it. Common here in Halmstad, Sweden. 

So have to contact the police here and hope the bicycle is covered on our apartment insurance. 

• Sad 7

After seeing all of 3 minutes practice, the CCTV issues have been resolved and Session 2 begins in 15 minutes, and they added a half-hour

To think my biggest worry was if it would rain today…..SMH

IMG_1917.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Weather looked dodgy at the end ..

IMG_5850.jpeg

And then some 😂😂😂 Packed like sardines 12 wide in a downpour just outside the train station…..Just boarded 1:10 after leaving track, station is maybe .5 mile away

On 6/16/2023 at 8:28 AM, forcebwithu said:

Just paid my highest ever electric bill here. 3,334B for 557 kWh of electricity. Hoping my new dual inverter A/C will substantially lower the bill next month.

Don't feel too bad, ours last month was $5,330 baht....worth every penny really. 

19 hours ago, Binlid said:

Just curious, do they "hotiwre" the starter to take off or what? Dam, I would be out there with my 9mm Glock waiting for them to come back. Hope you get it all sorted. Arghhhh having to deal with insurance companies is never fun.

6 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Seems theft is not only confined to the UK mate. 

Wifey just got home from work minus her £1400 electric bicycle. She normally parks it up at the train station, locks it with 2 different locks and removed the battery. Got back from work and some cnut has nicked it. Common here in Halmstad, Sweden. 

So have to contact the police here and hope the bicycle is covered on our apartment insurance. 

Dam buddy, another case of wanting to go find these bastards and issue them some "curbside justice" Sorry that happened to your wife. On her way to work I assume? 

On 6/16/2023 at 1:47 PM, Binlid said:

Bummer.

Stolen cars are often recovered more often than most folks realize, often with no or little visable damage.

The trouble though is it is difficult to guage how hard the car was driven. And the fact that you were violated will irk you for a long time. 

Having a vehicle and especially a home violated can be troubling, seriously. It is one of those things that until it happens to you personally it does not make much of an impact. When it does happen it makes an impression and sticks with you for a long time.

I had an apartment broken into when I was in my early 20's in the early stages of my career. The cunts gained entry through an open window, noting taken, nothing damaged. But man was I pissed off that someone had entered my castle without my permission. That feeling stuck with me for a long time. 

The positive from the incident helped me regarding future cases I worked on over the decades. I became much more emphathitic with burglarly victims, understanding the psychological aspects that can come with being victimized.

And burglary/theft cases are just the tip of the iceberg. Just think what sexual assault or aggravated battery victims must go through.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 6/13/2023 at 2:13 AM, Derek Dangleberries said:

I've just had a poo !!!

Ordinarily I wouldn't have announced such a thing but it means that the most important part of my body clock is back on Thai Time on my first morning back!!! (Albeit about 47 minutes after my usual poo-time !!!)

I’ll alert the media. 🤣

• Haha 1