What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

22 hours ago, Sherlock said:

Just back from a day out at Auschwitz-Birkenau and the salt mines near Krakow.

Did that trip in the mid 80s, a humbling experience. I carried on down to Zakopane, that was a wonderful place as well on the Czech border, almost like Switzerland, gorgeous area.

I was also there before communism collapsed and my notes went a long way in exchange for the zloty, in fact I came back with more pounds that I went in with care of the official exchange rate at the airport. Trick was to lie about how much sterling you took in, luckily they never checked that I had far less than I claimed I had.

Edited by Horizondave

Just booked the Swampy to Hua Hin bus for the 17 September. Booked seat 1 for the view, normally book seat 4 as more leg room but, as I haven't been in Thailand for a year, I thought it would be an enjoyable seat to view the journey. I am on the 7.30am bus.

Makes you feel closer to Thailand, when you start organising the trip itinerary.

Link for bus bookings:

https://airporthuahinbus.com/#

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

16 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Just booked the Swampy to Hua Hin bus for the 17 September. Booked seat 1 for the view, normally book seat 4 as more leg room but, as I haven't been in Thailand for a year, I thought it would be an enjoyable seat to view the journey. I am on the 7.30am bus.

Makes you feel closer to Thailand, when you start organising the trip itinerary.

Link for bus bookings:

https://airporthuahinbus.com/#

Love that bus trip,hopefully be on it next week,prefer the back single seats tho for a snooze.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Been chatting to a 'pissed off' mate who is currently in Kanchanaburi. He is stressed big time as yesterday he went to the border with Burma, only to find the border closed. He had checked Google and it said the border was open, although he has found it has been closed for sometime due to violence within Burma. 

He is stressed now as today he is an overstay, tomorrow he will go back to Hua Hin and then on Monday he hopes to fly to Siem Reap. Obviously he will need to chat with immigration and pay any charges for the overstay. His two concerns are getting stopped to show passport before he gets to the airport and also hoping the overstay doesn't prevent a return to Thailand after 3 days away.

Not a happy guy.

16 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Been chatting to a 'pissed off' mate who is currently in Kanchanaburi. He is stressed big time as yesterday he went to the border with Burma, only to find the border closed. He had checked Google and it said the border was open, although he has found it has been closed for sometime due to violence within Burma. 

He is stressed now as today he is an overstay, tomorrow he will go back to Hua Hin and then on Monday he hopes to fly to Siem Reap. Obviously he will need to chat with immigration and pay any charges for the overstay. His two concerns are getting stopped to show passport before he gets to the airport and also hoping the overstay doesn't prevent a return to Thailand after 3 days away.

Not a happy guy.

Google is your friend....    :default_cigar:

• Haha 1

0900hr this morning, enjoying a lie in after a frantic week, phone rings....

"Painter.... the chap running junior racing has pulled out. Any chance....?"

Oh joy.... mind you, sun, light breeze, all looks OK so far...

16925289998951140299399128890668.jpg

Edited by Painter
  • Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3