What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

Stopped off at Robinson s for some lunch in hachiban,about another 30+ klm to go, least broke halfway mark,check inn after 2 to hotel then another 20klm to location.

Boy there's some idiots on these roads tho,mostly between cha am and petchaburi.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

About to pack some stuff in small backpack,off to ratchaburi and petchaburi for a couple of days adventure,leaving ting tong behind,cave,mountains and lots of steps ! she wouldnt take days off work,now if we were going to samui im sure she d manage,anyway the reigns are off for a couple o days adventure,cheap hotels in that neck of the woods with the mountain views,perfect.Long drive on the pcx but shall break it up with a couple of pit stops,no hurrys as hoping to be at heavenly valley ratchaburi just before sunset for hopefully some nice shots.

Looking forward to that mate !

3 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Stopped off at Robinson s for some lunch in hachiban,about another 30+ klm to go, least broke halfway mark,check inn after 2 to hotel then another 20klm to location.

Boy there's some idiots on these roads tho,mostly between cha am and petchaburi.

Every friggen day I contend with them. Head shaking idiots.

Vintage Asian Bobblehead Figurine Antique Oriental Art Decor | Etsy | Oriental art, Bobble head ...

Edited by Glasseye
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Krapow said:

Cos it's for poofs? 

10 hours ago, Painter said:

Why does nowhere# in Thailand sell decaf...??

20240227_103110.jpg

#except Starbucks...

Same as non alcoholic beer it’s just wrong.

A bit like licking out your sister……

Tastes the same but it’s just wrong 👀

• Haha 6

3 hours ago, Krapow said:

Cos it's for poofs? 

1 hour ago, Smiler said:

I know, I know.... but caffeine irritates the old prostate.... or does for me...

3 hours ago, Smiler said:

When you have addiction issues like me and @Krapow then you know why non alcoholic drinks exist.

On 2/26/2024 at 12:22 AM, thegrogmonster said:

Glad to read a couple of BMs are raising kids that they can be proud of.

Well done.

And then there’s me, surely have 5-6 spread around the Kingdom that I’ve never met…..Oh well

Just finished booking a condo in Jomtien for a week,we were going to Stay in Bang Saray but couldn't find anywhere we both liked.

We'll still go down there,my mate who lives there tells me there are 35 bars in Bang Saray & the missus can drive back👹.

• Like 2

Before I left home I was in the pub one night with friends, one of whom is a "Harley boy"; he asked me if I could pick up two XL Harley shirts from the dealer in Pattaya; he opened Google maps on his phone and showed me where the local dealer is, way out on Sukhumvit a little way past the south junction of Jomtien 2nd Rd and Sukhumvit. I told him I could get Harley-related shirts much cheaper from the market or street vendors, but oh no, he wanted the "real thing". I asked a local bike-riding expat about getting shirts at this place a couple of weeks ago and he replied "good luck with that!" so I wasn't expecting any miracles. 

Anyway, I figured I'd work a good walk into this task so I caught a baht bus to the corner of Jomtien Beach Rd and Soi Chayapreuk and then headed out on foot all the way down Chayapreuk to Sukhumvit and then along the main drag. I found the place easy enough and entered it as the only customer; the Thai staff, one female and three males in the showroom, did not even raise their eyes from their phones as I went in and headed over to the clothing section. I poked around there for a while and found a design that didn't look half bad but after going through about 25 examples of same, all they had was one shirt in XL and it was  a light grey colour, made in Nicaragua and not really impressing me with its feel. The price, you ask? 1790b, bloody ridiculous and I just shook my head and left the building.

I then walked all the way down Sukhumvit to Soi Boonkanchana with the hopes of finding a place to wet my whistle, only to find that a bar complex I had visited before Covid has been plowed and is now just another construction site. I had to walk almost all the way to 2nd Rd to find a place that was open and had a fair thirst on by that time; after taking care of that I carried on to Rompho and had a haircut and bite to eat and then home to the condo - 12.5km altogether and I did enjoy the walk. I'll look around Soi Buakhow market for a Harley shirt or two and if they are not good enough for buddy at home, I'll just give them to someone else.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

Buying phone charging cables on Shopee again. No matter how many i buy i can't stem the household demand.

I bought 6 of these - colour coded and about 100 baht each.

Screenshot_20240228_200440_Shopee SG.jpg

They have a very thick, well insulated cable and the end terminations look good - very industrial. They started off great and my "Ampere" app reported fantastic charging speeds. Most are now non-functioning or lost (such bright colours how possible?)

So i bought 6 of these at about 75 baht each.

Screenshot_20240228_200140_Shopee SG.jpg

They are a more traditional design but also look good and Ampere again gave good charging figures.

Not being colour coded they are more difficult to keep track of and I'm down to only 4 already.

20240228_201845.jpg

Managed to hunt down the one cable free for me to use.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

Buying phone charging cables on Shopee again. No matter how many i buy i can't stem the household demand.

They have a very thick, well insulated cable and the end terminations look good - very industrial. They started off great and my "Ampere" app reported fantastic charging speeds. Most are now non-functioning or lost (such bright colours how possible?)

They are a more traditional design but also look good and Ampere again gave good charging figures.

Not being colour coded they are more difficult to keep track of and I'm down to only 4 already.

20240228_201845.jpg

When it comes to phone charging I only trust cables/charges that are made by the manufacturer.

3 hours ago, Zambo said:

20240228_201845.jpg

I bought a few weeks ago a three pack of Apple charging cables as one that came with the phone packed up. Was around £10 for them on Amazon. About a metre long so longer than the Apple one.

When I was in TukCom buying a newer IPhone last year I spotted these lighted charge cables and picked up a couple - I've had one going almost full-time for over a year now and it's just as bright as ever - they make a  good nightlight both at home and in hotel rooms and condos:

rsz_img_2568.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 3

Having an almost 30C drop in about 8 hours here, 90km/h gusts too, first power outage in many years…..enjoying the quiet honestly….Crews will have much work to do, but sun comes up in 10 hours anyway….

Still weird seeing total darkness with just few candles burning……half expect Michael Myers to jump out from a closet! 

image.png

IMG_0662.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 3