What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

I'm still in bed. Started out atTime bar then over to Cloud 9 and finished off the night at Heaven Above. For someone who hasn't had a drink in 32 years I sure spend a lot of time bars....5555

• Haha 3

58 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

I'm still in bed. Started out atTime bar then over to Cloud 9 and finished off the night at Heaven Above. For someone who hasn't had a drink in 32 years I sure spend a lot of time bars....5555

If you were there around 20:00 you would have seen our group of hashers crowd into an already very busy HA. It was too crowded for my taste, so called it an early evening. I understand a few stayed quite late as HA is probably the #1 place to be on Soi Boomerang.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, thumper63 said:

When in Rome, etc....lol...great seeing you again last night. 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

If you were there around 20:00 you would have seen our group of hashers crowd into an already very busy HA. It was too crowded for my taste, so called it an early evening. I understand a few stayed quite late as HA is probably the #1 place to be on Soi Boomerang.

We got to HA around 21:00 and were seated over on the left back by the cashier station. There were 5 of us .... not counting the girls... so 23 altogether at the table...lol. Met the original owner (I want to say his name was Keith?) Was a very nice man, chatted with us for quite some time. Im very impressed with HA. A very well run establishment with some of the most attractive ladies of any bar in that area. Not that I've been in all by any means. It is one of my favorites to sit an relax

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, thumper63 said:

Back in room after a nice meal at Devonshire followed by a lovely oil massage 

I used to be a regular in there for a litre of Mont Clair with my breakfast back before they increased the tax on wine yonks ago. I'd sit by the railings watching the girls leaving the Opey de Place, lovely place to sit and eat, watching the world go by. An old dog would come in each morning to get fed and just laid out on the floor sleeping... Long gone to doggie heaven now I think..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

10 hours ago, coxyhog said:

In Bangkok on the way home,I met up with an old mate in Chequers on Soi Nana.

The guy on the right used to run Bobby's Arms which was in a car park in Patpong & later the Queen Vic on Soi 23 just outside of Cowboy.The guy with the beard is a friend of a friend.A great night of nostalgia wallowing.

PHOTO-2024-03-24-00-21-51.jpg

Blimey, Bobby's Arms, there's a bar from my nostalgic past. Had many a good night around that area. 

• Thumbs Up 2

34 minutes ago, richy65 said:

What fish are in there Mr B? Any luck?

Been a tough 3 days, but we have managed 19 fish. Mainly Siamese carp. Biggest at 80lb and an arapaima of just over the ton.

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Blimey, Bobby's Arms, there's a bar from my nostalgic past. Had many a good night around that area. 

Great place to park the car, pop into Bobby's for a pint, short walk to The Star, back to Bobby's with spunky tissues stuck to the bottom of your sandals for another beer before driving back to Ratchprarop ... Happy Days mate !!

• Thumbs Up 3

3 hours ago, richy65 said:

Been running the Derby 10k. Excellent event as usual with over 2000 runners. Great atmosphere at the finish right outside the football ground.

IMG_2659.png

IMG_2662.jpeg

IMG_2664.jpeg

Great pace. Metric about 4min 40sec/km - i think but that seems not quite to add up. How many of those do you do a year?

25 minutes ago, Zambo said:

Great pace. Metric about 4min 40sec/km - i think but that seems not quite to add up. How many of those do you do a year?

I only do a few these days and maybe a couple of half marathons. Long finished with the full marathon 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 3/24/2024 at 7:32 AM, coxyhog said:

In Bangkok on the way home,I met up with an old mate in Chequers on Soi Nana.

The guy on the right used to run Bobby's Arms which was in a car park in Patpong & later the Queen Vic on Soi 23 just outside of Cowboy.The guy with the beard is a friend of a friend.A great night of nostalgia wallowing.

PHOTO-2024-03-24-00-21-51.jpg

The guy on the right kind of looks like Andy Warhol? 

• Haha 3

22 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Now recovering from yesterday's hash run. It was hot day out under the sun. Quite a bit of the trail was through cassava fields.
image.jpeg

Quite happy when the trail brought us shade in rubber tree plantations. 
P3230033.jpg

image.jpeg

9 km later the beer truck was in sight and liquid refreshments awaited.
image.jpeg

Respect for doing this in that humidity!  Would be too tough on me. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

23 minutes ago, Yessongs said:

Respect for doing this in that humidity!  Would be too tough on me. 

Not really the humidity that gets to me, but the oppressive heat of the sun beating down on you when you're out in the open for extended periods of time.

I wasn't happy with the trail the hares set. So many opportunities to avoid the farm fields and keep us under shade, but instead, for whatever reason they elected to use the unshaded areas. The worst was one section that went 600m on tarmac road. With the heat it felt like twice the distance. All the while I'm trudging along the road I'm looking to the left at beautiful tree canopy that if I were the hare I would have looped the trail through.

For those that aren't familiar with hash runs. There's two or more hares that set trail a day or two before a run. They use hanging paper and bits of shredded paper on the ground to mark the trail. On the day of the run the hounds, us, are dropped off at a start point and we follow the trail to the end where we drink copious amounts of beer and tell embarrassing stories about our fellow hashers.

The link below is to the run report for Saturday's run. You can view run photos and a map of the trail that we ran, or in my case mostly walked. Hopefully later today we'll also have posted a scribe report detailing in humorous fashion the day's run.

https://pattayamonkeyh3.com/PMH3/RunReportLkup.html?109

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2