What are you doing right now..? (Threads Merged)

Lanzalad

4 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just dropped my bike at the shop.Been playing up starting when the engine warms up.Starts fine from cold.Hopefully nothing too expensive to fix.Also need to get a rear tyre fitted so that's another 140 quid.

Probably needs a new coil. Do bikes have them these days?

Edited by boydeste

Just now, Stillearly said:

That the same John Cleese that lives in the Caribbean 🙂 

Indeed!

Though what he said was true. 

I'm not giving an opinion on whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, indeed by bringing my wife here I've added to it,  but what he said is true none the less.

• Thumbs Up 1

25 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Indeed!

Though what he said was true. 

I'm not giving an opinion on whether it is a good thing or a bad thing, indeed by bringing my wife here I've added to it,  but what he said is true none the less.

Just think it's funny one immigrant criticising a place where others live .... no doubt he will see himself as an expat though ... they seem to be the worse 😉 

8 hours ago, boydeste said:

Probably needs a new coil. Do bikes have them these days?

That or fuelling was my guess,but they checked out okay.He seems to think its a fuse box problem.He's took it apart and cleaned all the connections.He ran it up until the fan cut in a couple of times and it started okay.So hopefully that is the problem.If it is at least i know what to check first if it does do it again.

Its 20 years old so corrosion is taking its toll.Wiring and connectors are getting manky on it.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, galenkia said:

That or fuelling was my guess,but they checked out okay.He seems to think its a fuse box problem.He's took it apart and cleaned all the connections.He ran it up until the fan cut in a couple of times and it started okay.So hopefully that is the problem.If it is at least i know what to check first if it does do it again.

Its 20 years old so corrosion is taking its toll.Wiring and connectors are getting manky on it.

The guy showed me a pic of the fusebox and the corrosion where water has been getting in.And the part most affected is the ignition circuit.So he looked on ebay and they are around 15 to 35 quid,so just need to find a decent one,then seal it up with sealant before fitting it.Running okay at the moment though.

Only charged me an hours labour at 60 quid so that was a result.

Just had two lovely district nurses around the flat to take some stitches out.  The actual incision down my chest consists of sutures which will dissolve naturally, the stitches needing removal were from where I had chest drains situated whilst in hospital.

I love the NHS.........

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1