Post your favourite "cover versions"

Butch

On 9/16/2023 at 2:15 PM, Stillearly said:

you know what, you're giving me a bloody headache lol.

I think after a glass of wine I still prefer the CCR version. Tinas vocals make this version what it is. They're both on my YT playlist (You haven't hacked my account have you?) lol.

Tina's lyrics are sublime, delivered with incredible range and power, plus the nipples poking thru at 2:27 is enough in itself.

The CCR version has the entire sound and CCR feeling that you only get with their songs, better intro, fogarty on vocals rasping through it, great guitar solo and like everything CCR, it leads you onto the next track and they merge effortlessly.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Butch said:

you can f**k right off with that bag of shit. I think that's in the wrong thread lol.

She murdered that song, absolutely awful. come on mate, you can do better than that.

I like Dolly but I think the WH cover is much better than the original , plus she was absolutely stunning back then  😍

• Thumbs Up 1

3 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I like Dolly but I think the WH cover is much better than the original , plus she was absolutely stunning back then  😍

well we agree on 99.9999% of each others playlists, I think this one is the exception mate!.

One of the reasons perhaps is that in the UK we were saturated with it being number 1 in the charts for so long.

It even got her the nickname of "Whitney the Wailer". I can't like this track no matter how many times I hear it. it is literally aural torture for me , !!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2