Post your favourite "cover versions"

Butch

12 hours ago, Stillearly said:

I like Dolly but I think the WH cover is much better than the original , plus she was absolutely stunning back then  😍

Totally agree, it's interesting that @Butchis trashing 2 of the best female vocalist of all time singing superb songs.

Get them ears waxed Butch.

:default_527:

Pretty sure I remember Dolly in an interview saying that Whitney version was the best she has ever heard it sung.

Edited by boydeste
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, boydeste said:

Totally agree, it's interesting that @Butchis trashing 2 of the best female vocalist of all time singing superb songs.

Get them ears waxed Butch.

:default_527:

Pretty sure I remember Dolly in an interview saying that Whitney version was the best she has ever heard it sung.

LOL, I actually realised this after I'd posted them but hoped no one would say anything!! 🙂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/18/2023 at 12:59 AM, Jambo said:

I absolutely hate it when I start hearing a cover version of a song I consider a classic.

Total sacrilege!

On 9/16/2023 at 6:26 AM, Pumpuynarak said:

I agree with you Dan but imo Joe Cockers cover is better than the original in this case, my opinion of course.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

These chaps seem to like this cover ... especially when the choir kicks in ...

Can you really consider a one/off show paying tribute to one of the greatest groups of all time a "cover version".

I think not.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

These chaps seem to like this cover ... especially when the choir kicks in ...

How strange it must be to listen and 'like' someone playing your music, i can't quite get my head around it :default_ermm:

For me STH is one of the most fantastic songs ever and i regularly listen/watch.

• Great Info 1

• 2 weeks later...