Do you have lucid dreams?

Butch

I've always had very lucid dreams, sometimes so real that when I wake up , for a moment I have trouble separating the dream from real life.

When I'm in the UK I tend to dream about work, when in the PI I tend to dream about being lost in the jungle somewhere, and when I'm in Thailand it's often dreams about being in bars and either having fun or falling foul of security. I wake up just before I'm about to get a kicking.

My strangest recurring dream has to be the one where I am at the end of my holiday, and I've realised that I should have been back to work a few days earlier. Probably down to the anticipation.

My Mrs doesn't dream, or at least can't recall anything. She finds it very odd.

• Like 4

Nearly all of my dreams are lucid. I often wake up and think I am coming out of reality into a dream. 

I rarely have nightmares, but many of my recurring dreams are centred around Thailand. But there is always a twist. Often I I have own home mid holiday for something I needed to do and realise I have no return ticket back or seneraios relating to it  

But unexpected people from.my past appear regularly in my dreams whom I have not thought about in years. 

Only a week ago I awoke from a dream at around 3am and had to go downstairs and make a coffee and sit for half an hour to fully recover from a dream with felt more real than reality  

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Butch said:

I've always had very lucid dreams, sometimes so real that when I wake up , for a moment I have trouble separating the dream from real life.

When I'm in the UK I tend to dream about work, when in the PI I tend to dream about being lost in the jungle somewhere, and when I'm in Thailand it's often dreams about being in bars and either having fun or falling foul of security. I wake up just before I'm about to get a kicking.

My strangest recurring dream has to be the one where I am being rammed up the arse by a well hung ladyboy in the toilets of Pook bar whilst sucking off his friend  

My Mrs doesn't dream, or at least can't recall anything. She finds it very odd.

Just edited your comprehension 😁

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Nightcrawler said:

Nearly all of my dreams are lucid. I often wake up and think I am coming out of reality into a dream. 

I rarely have nightmares, but many of my recurring dreams are centred around Thailand. But there is always a twist. Often I I have own home mid holiday for something I needed to do and realise I have no return ticket back or seneraios relating to it  

But unexpected people from.my past appear regularly in my dreams whom I have not thought about in years. 

Only a week ago I awoke from a dream at around 3am and had to go downstairs and make a coffee and sit for half an hour to fully recover from a dream with felt more real than reality  

Thanks for the edit 🙂

It's a very strange feeling to be in that zone of self doubt (I call it) when you really can't differentiate between the two.

Luckily I very rarely suffer from nightmares, and the ones I have I recall very vividly. My last ones were during Covid, but prior to that it was years and years. Something which occurs to me and makes me wonder even to this day was a dream that I had in Oman, back in the mid 80's , when I saw a small girl stroking a cat. I went up to her and asked her if she was OK (It was night and raining and a distance from civilisation - very unusual and dangerous time to be out in the bondu in Oman), she turned around and looked at me, and screamed, then disappeared.

I am convinced the girl I saw is the spitting image of my daughter at the same age. Still gives me goosebumps today.

• Like 1

I still have messed up ones, usually some bad news or event that ends up obviously not having occurred, but still containing elements/people in my real life.

The Zoloft does NOT make mine too intense, I am on a smaller dose of 50mg, but have heard from others online that Zoloft dreams can be the most f--ked up thing you ever experienced....

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Great Info 1
  • Sad 1

My missus has Brugada syndrome & one of the symptoms is bad dreams.I've often have to wake her when she's screaming & when she's awake it's usually rape/robbery that's the cause.

Personally it's eating cheese that makes me dream,unfortunately none of them are wet😫.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

10 hours ago, galenkia said:

I only remember dreams for a few minutes upon waking then when properly awake have forgotten them.

My dreams are mostly like that and I often get quite annoyed with myself that I cannot remember the dream  that seemed so detailed and real apparently only a short time before.

I have a quite regular dream where I am driving a car up a steep winding hill and suddenly the car is going backwards down the hill and I cannot control it and I am in a blind panic waiting for the crash that never happens.

The most lucid dream I ever had was when I was being attacked in the street and I threw several punches to defend myself. When I woke in the morning I found dried blood on both my hand and the bedside table. It was very fortunate I had been sleeping laying on my right side throwing left hooks. If I had been laying the other way round I might well have decked Sai.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

If I am off the weed (which I have been for a while now) then yes. Had a fantastic dirty dream just last night as it happens, absolutely marvelous, I kind of realized I was dreaming and made the most of it😃
 I used to keep a dream diary years ago which I would keep by the bed and record any dreams as soon as I woke.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

I woke up kicking at an attacker a few weeks ago, i was fighting for my life - an ancient thai warrior human like creature was hovering and i could only hold it off by kicking.

I settled back down and after a while fell asleep again. In the morning i mentioned it to my wife (even showed a picture of the type of attacker i found on the internet). She said she was scared she was going to be hit by my thrashing legs. I told her that it was years since i'd had such a vivid terrifying dream. She said "yes unless you count last monday". Seems it was a phase i was going through.

• Like 2

I  get dreams so crazy that I can't even make sense out them when they wake me up, and have forgotten all about them by the time I wake up for the day. When I used to ride motorcycles a lot I'd get dreams where I was pulling effortless wheelies for seemingly miles, yet when I tried to do that in real life I usually ended up with a broken rear fender and a sore ass....

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, Ranovertheborder said:

I suffer from night terrors and regularly awake from a nightmare only to find I am still in the nightmare, sometimes I awake for real in a cold sweat and shaking in shock, if anyone has night terrors you will know what I mean 

That's awful mate. I feel very lucky that I only get very very seldom nightmares. Not sure how I'd cope with night terrors.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, john1000 said:

Since taking Metformin I seem to have vivid dreams.

Just wish I knew I was in a dream🙃

I don’t get nightmares, but I do get extremely vivid dreams a few nights a week on Metformin.

At my age, you gotta take what you’re given. 🤣