Angeles City - Nothing ever stays the same

Jambo

I have watched several UTube videos recently on Angeles City trying to recognize the AC I knew in its pre-covid days.

To start with the built up section is now known as "Walking Street". It is a mass of new bars and GoGo type venues all bright neon but still managing to look down market. It might have helped if they had spent some money tarting up the actual street itself. It just looks so shabby.

The most recent video I watched started in Fields Avenue heading towards the entrance to Walking Street. I didn't recognize a single venue until suddenly there was "Brown Sugar" the outside of which looked exactly the same as it did the last time I visited. Brown Sugar was a very traditional GoGo which I always visited making a point of always buying the Mamasan a drink or two as a prelude to her marking my horizontal dance card. It would not surprise me if she was still keeping the girls in  order.

That was the only venue I recognized in Fields Avenue.

Entering "Walking Street " itself once again Covid had no doubt been the death of the venues I knew. No familiar names until suddenly there was ""Gecko" which had been very busy in the old days opening up around 12 noon. Gecko had been the home of the "Cherry" girls. Never waste your time buying a girl in Gecko a lady drink until you had clarified if she was in fact a cherry girl or not. It got more complicated due to there being more than one definition of the term "Cherry." i.e which parts were off limits. 🤣

Further down Walking Street I found that The Amsterdam Hotel was still trading. That was the very first Hotel I stayed in AC before we all seemed to move to The Pacific Breeze which appears also to be still going strong.

The only other name I still recognized from the old days was Baccara.

I always had a kind of Love/hate relationship with AC. Every time I went I vowed I would never return mostly because there is absolutely nothing to do during the day time. So I spent most days round the pool at The Pacific Breeze. On the other hand the bars and GoGo's were absolutely rammed with pussy at night which sort of evened out the Love/hate aspect. The nights were also spent touring round with the usual suspects and we did have a laugh.

Not sure I will ever return.

But I have said that before!

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, thegrogmonster said:

From memory I think you were going there every couple of months at one stage.

I was going there for at least a week every 6 weeks because when I was at secrets Ben insisted that I take a week off every 6 weeks he said it will make me come back fresh and more energized. I was getting paid for those times away so I didn't argue with him 😛

• Thumbs Up 4

5 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

I was going there for at least a week every 6 weeks because when I was at secrets Ben insisted that I take a week off every 6 weeks he said it will make me come back fresh and more energized. I was getting paid for those times away so I didn't argue with him 😛

But didn't the share multiplier also justify letting you go from Secrets by some rationalization such as; your priorities had changed from Thailand to other places like Philippines?

52 minutes ago, Trip said:

But didn't the share multiplier also justify letting you go from Secrets by some rationalization such as; your priorities had changed from Thailand to other places like Philippines?

The person you're referring to that's correct. Never seen a person change so much absolute great guy to work for early days and then it's like somebody shut the light switch off and everything changed. And just for the record he didn't let me go I came into work one Wednesday to give him a two-week notice and he told me don't even bother working the two weeks. On my way to the baht bus my telephone rang it was Terry Lee one of the partners of baby dolls and a good friend. He asked me if I was going to look for work I told him possibly he said you're hired I'll talk to you tomorrow.

The share multiplier as you call him then was grasping at straws for a reason why I left and told the membership that it was good for the bar because the Philippines were more important to me now than thailand. Which was silly.

• Great Info 2

2 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The person you're referring to that's correct. Never seen a person change so much absolute great guy to work for early days and then it's like somebody shut the light switch off and everything changed. And just for the record he didn't let me go I came into work one Wednesday to give him a two-week notice and he told me don't even bother working the two weeks. On my way to the baht bus my telephone rang it was Terry Lee one of the partners of baby dolls and a good friend. He asked me if I was going to look for work I told him possibly he said you're hired I'll talk to you tomorrow.

The share multiplier as you call him then was grasping at straws for a reason why I left and told the membership that it was good for the bar because the Philippines were more important to me now than thailand. Which was silly.

I just thought the term share multipler was strange but then I read a bunch of comments about it on another forum. Pretty slimey imo.

I don't remember if it was the first time I was there or the 2nd time I was there, I was staying at the Clarkton Hotel at the far end of Perimeter / Don Juicy. It was popular amongst other Germans, they had their own GoGo bar, so in theory there was no real reason to leave the hotel, however they did provide a shuttle in to Fields and back at night. Back then that area was pretty rural and desolate looking, there was just a derelict chicken fence in to the old air field, pretty much all the way down to the jeepney station. It was advised to use the shuttle as gangs would often block Perimeter with used tires to rob trikes and their passengers at gun point. Perimeter was also home to some of the dirtiest (in all senses of the word) bars in AC, Rio and Nifty with their rotten mattress on the floor in the back room. 

Cherry girl came in many versions, not just depending on hole, but also the skin, hair, eye colour or nationality  of the customer. 

🤣

• Thumbs Up 3

28 minutes ago, Lirchenfeld said:

I don't remember if it was the first time I was there or the 2nd time I was there, I was staying at the Clarkton Hotel at the far end of Perimeter / Don Juicy. It was popular amongst other Germans, they had their own GoGo bar, so in theory there was no real reason to leave the hotel, however they did provide a shuttle in to Fields and back at night. Back then that area was pretty rural and desolate looking, there was just a derelict chicken fence in to the old air field, pretty much all the way down to the jeepney station. It was advised to use the shuttle as gangs would often block Perimeter with used tires to rob trikes and their passengers at gun point. Perimeter was also home to some of the dirtiest (in all senses of the word) bars in AC, Rio and Nifty with their rotten mattress on the floor in the back room. 

Cherry girl came in many versions, not just depending on hole, but also the skin, hair, eye colour or nationality  of the customer. 

🤣

Unfortunately Mirrors Club is no longer, nor any of the bars next to the hotel.

Taking the shuttle van is a good move although during the day it is a nice walk. Would never walk at night around there.

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

AC was a great getaway for 4 or 5 nights. Permiter road during the day and Fields at night. Girls were always fun friendly. Pacific breeze was always a great place to stay. Girls from permiter always up for coming back to the pool for afternoon fun. dug up a few photos of past trips 

20130917_223554_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130917_232740_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130918_220211-resized-800.jpg

20130918_221534-resized-800.jpg

20130920_171017-resized-800.jpg

20130923_132820_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130923_132839_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

546209602077134.jpg

546210382077056.jpg

546213348743426.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0006_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0007_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0041_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0151_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0173_tr.jpg

img_3210~01-resized-800_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

img_7967-resized-800.jpg

p9160022-resized-800.jpg

P9180024.JPG

Photo 2013-02-18 02.13.32 AM.jpg

Thanks for the photos, it was my go to place before Covid and thankfully it is open again. I do miss the chicken curry in the restaurant, too much but delicious.

On 12/3/2023 at 6:43 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

AC was a great getaway for 4 or 5 nights. Permiter road during the day and Fields at night. Girls were always fun friendly. Pacific breeze was always a great place to stay. Girls from permiter always up for coming back to the pool for afternoon fun. dug up a few photos of past trips 

20130917_223554_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130917_232740_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130918_220211-resized-800.jpg

20130918_221534-resized-800.jpg

20130920_171017-resized-800.jpg

20130923_132820_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

20130923_132839_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

546209602077134.jpg

546210382077056.jpg

546213348743426.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0006_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0007_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0041_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0151_tr.jpg

AC and Subic Jan 2012 0173_tr.jpg

img_3210~01-resized-800_resized_by_AVG_Image_Shrinker.jpg

img_7967-resized-800.jpg

p9160022-resized-800.jpg

P9180024.JPG

Photo 2013-02-18 02.13.32 AM.jpg

The one with the white panties and the last one is defo. wank material.

Just love that bottoms up pose.

On 12/3/2023 at 9:55 PM, Lirchenfeld said:

🤣

I've seen some real shitholes in San Jose, Costa Rica. Lost my woody one time after going into a room it was so bad. I turned around and walked out. 

I still have not been to P.I. 

I think the biggest reason is there is something that just gives me the creeps when seeing a gun toting security guard on every corner. 

1 hour ago, Yesitisdakid said:

That last photo boydeste had her on my recommendation after I came home

f**k doing "Sloppy Seconds" after you!  🤣

I recall going into one of your "Perimeter" bars and thought I was being clever to phone you back in Pattaya whilst I was enjoying myself in AC.  You got me to say "Hi" to them all from you and not only did they remembered you I then had to buy them all a drink ................"from you". 

I didn't mind as it was a fun place.

• Haha 1

On 12/3/2023 at 3:20 AM, Yesitisdakid said:

It was for many many years

Some of those photos were in The Pacific Breeze. I recognize the bar leading to the pool.

Were you with us when John (aka Sweatie) passed out in their Reception. He apparently came back to the Hotel absolutely rat-assed and passed out. I was already in bed with the nights "Plat de jour" and they got Terry up to help  the night porter carry "Sweaty" to his room.

The first I found out about it was when Terry phoned the next morning and told me I had been elected to go to Sweaty's room and see if he was brown bread. It took me ages to get him to open up and he promptly puked down his T-shirt.

I told him the bottles in the middle of the tables in the GoGo were simply for show. You nominally paid for them but they were in lieu of a b/fine. You were not supposed to drink whatever was inside the bottles but Sweatie being Sweatie drunk 3 or 4 of them.

Lovely guy but hollow legs.

The next day he nearly got mugged in the middle of Fields Avenue by the two ugliest lady boys in the Philippines.

Happy days.

29 minutes ago, Jambo said:

Some of those photos were in The Pacific Breeze. I recognize the bar leading to the pool.

Were you with us when John (aka Sweatie) passed out in their Reception. He apparently came back to the Hotel absolutely rat-assed and passed out. I was already in bed with the nights "Plat de jour" and they got Terry up to help  the night porter carry "Sweaty" to his room.

The first I found out about it was when Terry phoned the next morning and told me I had been elected to go to Sweaty's room and see if he was brown bread. It took me ages to get him to open up and he promptly puked down his T-shirt.

I told him the bottles in the middle of the tables in the GoGo were simply for show. You nominally paid for them but they were in lieu of a b/fine. You were not supposed to drink whatever was inside the bottles but Sweatie being Sweatie drunk 3 or 4 of them.

Lovely guy but hollow legs.

The next day he nearly got mugged in the middle of Fields Avenue by the two ugliest lady boys in the Philippines.

Happy days.

Yes I was on that trip yeah he drank a couple bottles of that party animal cherry wine shit passed out pissed all over himself. I wasn't involved with getting him up to the room or any of the cleanup but I loved hearing the story in the morning hahaha. If you remember we had two bottles of that stuff because Russ took two girls from the d club and you had to buy a bottle instead of bar finding the girl so he took two girls so we have two bottles and you're good friend John necked the first one before we left the bar because they wouldn't let him take them with him and he wasn't going to let that alcohol go undrank since it was paid for. He's the only person I have ever known to drink that shit I used to open the bottle up take it to the toilet and dump it so they couldn't reuse it.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Jambo said:

I recall going into one of your "Perimeter" bars and thought I was being clever to phone you back in Pattaya whilst I was enjoying myself in AC.  You got me to say "Hi" to them all from you and not only did they remembered you I then had to buy them all a drink ................"from you". 

A lot of the reason they remembered me had something to do with you. Do you remember when we ordered all those secrets staff shirts and our thai manager was unhappy with something regarding those shirts I don't know what it was I think it was something to do with the sleeves. She refused to let the staff wear them so Ben sided with her despite all the money we paid for them and ordered new ones so we had about a hundred of those shirts which you told me to take as many as I wanted when I went to AC. I bet I gave away 50 or 60 shirts not to mention shorts bikinis all kinds of stuff. Had a guy come in to secrets and say to me hey Larry I was in Angeles City but I couldn't find your bar I told him we don't have a bar in Angeles City. He said he thought we had one because he saw tons of girls with Secrets shirts all over town 😁😁

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

A lot of the reason they remembered me had something to do with you. Do you remember when we ordered all those secrets staff shirts and our thai manager was unhappy with something regarding those shirts I don't know what it was I think it was something to do with the sleeves. She refused to let the staff wear them so Ben sided with her despite all the money we paid for them and ordered new ones so we had about a hundred of those shirts which you told me to take as many as I wanted when I went to AC. I bet I gave away 50 or 60 shirts not to mention shorts bikinis all kinds of stuff. Had a guy come in to secrets and say to me hey Larry I was in Angeles City but I couldn't find your bar I told him we don't have a bar in Angeles City. He said he thought we had one because he saw tons of girls with Secrets shirts all over town 😁😁

Yes, I remember now.

My memory is getting really shite. I need a map to find my way home from the pub.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, Jambo said:

Hell.... I would have done her after both of them.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1