Are You Pounding Too Many Beers Lately ?

Glasseye

Yep... On one those routine pattern times in my life that I really like, but it has it's negatives (I think you can catch my drift).

A short trip to Buriram in early Jan. attached to a day of buisness in BKK before return should offer some "time off". Or not.....  who the fcuk knows.

• Like 1

I drink wine everyday but not "too much"..

When I saw the short video of the vlogger having difficulty standing up (forgotten his name but his bar is on Pothole), I thought f**k me I haven't been that drunk in about 20 years and even then it was rare.

Also I hate drinking too much in front of my "gang members". That would be shameful behaviour ...

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have had to take 2 days off work as holiday due to losing it if I don't by the 20th. Had a couple of beers last night and one just now (Local Winter Brew). Bottle of vino last weekend for a party and a few beers, but that's the most I've had in a while.

I Tend to avoid mid week drinking if at all possible, which it is. very very rarely I'll have a beer mid week.

• Thumbs Up 5

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I drink wine everyday but not "too much"..

When I saw the short video of the vlogger having difficulty standing up (forgotten his name but his bar is on Pothole), I thought f**k me I haven't been that drunk in about 20 years and even then it was rare.

Also I hate drinking too much in front of my "gang members". That would be shameful behaviour ...

Same here. I never allow myself to get that way anymore. It really isn't that much fun.

But, there are days when I think I have felt like maybe I have had a "few too many".

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Same here. I never allow myself to get that way anymore. It really isn't that much fun.

But, there are days when I think I have felt like maybe I have had a "few too many".

Yeah, I really don't enjoy getting pissed anymore - I can get enough of a buzz at happy hour and am always home by 7:00PM; the fellow retirees that I drink with also start and finish early. This month I am working every weekend night so have to do my beer drinking on the week nights and it can get kind of boring going to the same places every day anyway - time for a holiday, lol...

• Thumbs Up 3

4 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This is why retirement scares me, too much time and for someone with an addiction problem, it’s not going to end well.

Although I am currently not working, I at least have my sister to care for, but when she passes I’ll get back working.

That's why i went back to work - I was just spending every day boozing with my friends and getting fat and lazy - at least now I have to stay sober for most of the week. 

• Thumbs Up 3

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

This is why retirement scares me, too much time and for someone with an addiction problem, it’s not going to end well.

Although I am currently not working, I at least have my sister to care for, but when she passes I’ll get back working.

Grab yourself a 500 Gamma in need of some restoration. Put your energies into that, then ride it, enjoy it and keep it. Then get something else. rinse and repeat.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don't miss it at all.

What i do miss sometimes, is a nice fat joint, just mong out in front of the TV after the stressful or busy day.

But i know it would start me smoking tobacco again, i wouldn't be content just doing pipes.

And i definitely don't want to start smoking tobacco again, so i don't smoke anything, weed, hash or whatever.

Maybe a good thing anyway ...

• Thumbs Up 6

4 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Don't miss it at all.

What i do miss sometimes, is a nice fat joint, just mong out in front of the TV after the stressful or busy day.

But i know it would start me smoking tobacco again, i wouldn't be content just doing pipes.

And i definitely don't want to start smoking tobacco again, so i don't smoke anything, weed, hash or whatever.

Maybe a good thing anyway ...

Get a crack pipe instead.

• Haha 3

23 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Get a crack pipe instead.

Get hooked on Adrenalin or endorphins. I didn't think it was a thing until one day I was breathing out of my arse on a 10k run for the first time when I hit this massive feeling of euphoria and felt like I could go on and on. I even managed to have 2 wanks off the same hard later that evening.

but I digress.

Your restored 500 Gamma vs one of my other classics, a restored Group B Homogolation special.

Imagine the hits on Youtube!.

Anyway, I might be tapping you up for some vegan recipes soon, I can't keep giving people peanut butter sandwiches when they come round.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Looking at what's been posted then I'm absolutely fecked. I've been in Sweden now for knocking on 3 years and only had 1,yes 1 night without alcohol. 

Im not trying to console myself by saying its just beer as I don't touch spirits but I know I have a problem which I never thought would happen. 

Telling you all that I drink 3 litres of water every day won't help also. I'm functioning OK in everyday life but my appetite is declining, especially with the shit that's on offer in Sweden. 

Like G said, I'm retired and bored. I have to change my lifestyle and pronto re smoking and the beer.... I'm already experiencing stomach problems. I think I've ruined my stomach lining. 

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

On 12/16/2023 at 1:20 AM, galenkia said:

Or, mate, maybe it'll go good mate......

• Thumbs Up 1