A visit to Hua Hin - Recommendations

AJSP

The wife is headed off to Thailand in 3 weeks time and myself and our son will follow at the end of March for 2 weeks following his week in Greece with the school.

We have enjoyed several trips to HH over the last 8 years with the last visit back in 2018, so no doubt things will have changed.......an assumption.

I know several BM's reside or have visited recently so I'm really just reaching out to see what things we should be looking at occupying our time with. Pretty open to any suggestions so would appreciate any recommendations?.

Lots of family stuff to do,tho if you have been several times you may have done all the popular trips like sam roi yod,nakhon cave,kui buri elephant park,kang krachang national park,if you havent been i defo recommend a trip to ao manao,go up to the top of yellow temple,ao manao bay.

Cha am is a nice visit for a day for a different vibe and imo a better beach,shoppin malls still same same as 7 years ago,thats all i can think of at the moment off the top of my head as away to go out,cheers.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

I live here but can't recommend anything unfortunately on the family front @AJSP that Phantom hasn't suggested above.

I'm not sure that much has changed in Hua Hin on the tourist front. Probably the biggest change here and has been the shift in the nightlife away from Bintabaht but that's not a family activity😛

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Thumbs Up 1

Pity I can't share my Hua Hin thread that I created on PattayaLive a few years back, that had so much in it, even if some of the items aren't all relevant now.

Can't remember how old your child is but a trip to Vana Nava Waterpark is a must. In fact if you stayed at the Holiday Inn you will have free unlimited entry to the park.

https://www.vananavahuahin.com/

A trip to Pala U Waterfalls with a car is a worthwhile trip, various levels can be ascended although some are tougher than others. It's on the road out of Hua Hin that would pass by the road off to Wat Mongkol, so could do both in the day. The link below highlights the National Park of Kaeng Krachan of which Palu U is part of. There is a map if moving down through the link.

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

The guys have mentioned quite a few other side trips, but there are a few others including Swiss Farm north of Cha Am which is worth a short visit if with smaller children.

Afternoon tea at the Centara and drinks on the 27th floor rooftop bar of the Holiday Inn, while looking straight down through the glass are both enjoyable.

The following link is TripAdvisor's view on 10 best things for kids but, for me, the list applies to adults as well. If you like good atmosphere, good food and music then a trip down to Cicada Market (near Khao Takiab) is a must. The Tamarind market is directly next door and easily accessible, actually it is my favourite place as that is where the best food is. When I was there in September last, the food was so good; I had a massive plate of the large prawns for 300 baht and a good size plate of scallops for 150. There are pizza stations and other great food options. The stalls in the Cicada Market sell some interesting wares, I am sure the wife would love it. I would suggest getting a Grab or taxi as parking can be a nightmare. It is open only on weekends.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297922-Activities-zft11306-Hua_Hin_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html

Love Hua Hin, even when just talking about it lol

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

Years ago wifey and went to Black Mountain Waterpark, had a blast. Your son will enjoy ANY of the waterparks in Hua Hin

Just don't let him go near this guy in the downtown area..that's reserved for you LOL!  

IMG_2576.JPG

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

13 hours ago, Glasseye said:

Roads were torn to hell in some parts last time. Probably still is. Concrete dust everywhere.

What roads are you referring to, and when did you visit?

There's a problem in Rama II in both directions south of BKK on the road to/from BKK. That can turn your journey into a slow slog in peak times . This was the case as of Tuesday this week.

2 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

What roads are you referring to, and when did you visit?

There's a problem in Rama II in both directions south of BKK on the road to/from BKK. That can turn your journey into a slow slog in peak times . This was the case as of Tuesday this week.

All I remember is the last time I was there (maybe 6 months ago) the Grab driver I used took a route around a construction section that I had not taken before. The concrete dust was heavy in the air. 

He must have wrapped around that Rama construction area.

• Thumbs Up 1

7 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

All I remember is the last time I was there (maybe 6 months ago) the Grab driver I used took a route around a construction section that I had not taken before. The concrete dust was heavy in the air. 

He must have wrapped around that Rama construction area.

Yep this was on thai news past few days ,they have only been at it for 10 years now ,with lots of f**k ups,accidents ect ect,the residents been complaining a lot.

14 minutes ago, Phantom51red said:

Yep this was on thai news past few days ,they have only been at it for 10 years now ,with lots of f**k ups,accidents ect ect,the residents been complaining a lot.

Thanks for the confirmation mate. I was beggining to think some thought I was having a dementia moment.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

Air Asia now has a direct flight to HH from CM and return (3 or 4 days a week).

Last trip I went from my house in CM and was in my hotel room in HH in under 2 hours. 

Agreed used the service last year,was excellent and on time.

• Like 1

Just now, Phantom51red said:

Agreed used the service last year,was excellent and on time.

Perfect link for me. 

Over the upcoming years will be doing 70 % in CM and 30 % in HH. Short visits to BKK and Patts squeezed in every once in a while.

This is the set up I have been working toward for years.

Although A*r Asia can be a pain in the ass at times, this flight route has made travel life for me significantly better for me.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great response thank you all. we are only there for two weeks so plenty of excellent suggestions as no doubt we’ll just want to chill some days at the beach / hotel pool. 

appreciate all the replies. Thank you 🙏

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 3/1/2024 at 1:44 PM, Horizondave said:

Pity I can't share my Hua Hin thread that I created on PattayaLive a few years back, that had so much in it, even if some of the items aren't all relevant now.

Can't remember how old your child is but a trip to Vana Nava Waterpark is a must. In fact if you stayed at the Holiday Inn you will have free unlimited entry to the park.

https://www.vananavahuahin.com/

A trip to Pala U Waterfalls with a car is a worthwhile trip, various levels can be ascended although some are tougher than others. It's on the road out of Hua Hin that would pass by the road off to Wat Mongkol, so could do both in the day. The link below highlights the National Park of Kaeng Krachan of which Palu U is part of. There is a map if moving down through the link.

https://www.thainationalparks.com/kaeng-krachan-national-park

The guys have mentioned quite a few other side trips, but there are a few others including Swiss Farm north of Cha Am which is worth a short visit if with smaller children.

Afternoon tea at the Centara and drinks on the 27th floor rooftop bar of the Holiday Inn, while looking straight down through the glass are both enjoyable.

The following link is TripAdvisor's view on 10 best things for kids but, for me, the list applies to adults as well. If you like good atmosphere, good food and music then a trip down to Cicada Market (near Khao Takiab) is a must. The Tamarind market is directly next door and easily accessible, actually it is my favourite place as that is where the best food is. When I was there in September last, the food was so good; I had a massive plate of the large prawns for 300 baht and a good size plate of scallops for 150. There are pizza stations and other great food options. The stalls in the Cicada Market sell some interesting wares, I am sure the wife would love it. I would suggest getting a Grab or taxi as parking can be a nightmare. It is open only on weekends.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Attractions-g297922-Activities-zft11306-Hua_Hin_Prachuap_Khiri_Khan_Province.html

Love Hua Hin, even when just talking about it lol

We'll be at Vana Nava next month.

@Lemondropkid will you be in Hua Hin still next month?

Just looking a heads up where you'll be if so, so know where to avoid 😁

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Krapow said:

We'll be at Vana Nava next month.

@Lemondropkid will you be in Hua Hin still next month?

Just looking a heads up where you'll be if so, so know where to avoid 😁

Kun Som, I had heard the streets of London were going to be safe next month for ordinary decent God fearing people.

Cost of UK bound flights surged but felt a trip home was in order.  So sadly will miss seeing you in Hua Hin😜

• Haha 2

10 hours ago, Lemondropkid said:

Kun Som, I had heard the streets of London were going to be safe next month for ordinary decent God fearing people.

Cost of UK bound flights surged but felt a trip home was in order.  So sadly will miss seeing you in Hua Hin😜

Touch!

Hua Hin marked safe for April, no need to change plans!

rename.gif

• Haha 2