Football

Thinkingallowed

Sad to see Mason Mount going from Chelsea to Man U; he didn't have a great outing last season but he was an exciting player that will probably prosper in Manchester. He was getting better but that will no longer be with Chelsea.

Chelsea have a history of selling players that get better elsewhere - Arjen Robben, Mo Salah and Kevin De Bruyne to name a few. Probably our large squads play a part in this need to transfer out, some don't get a regular spot. Reason that Kevin De Bruyne left and why good players like Fikayo Tomori have found a better deal at AC Milan.

We seem to buy a lot of these guys young and then sell before their real potential is noticeable. The only benefit this season is we have made quite a bit of money from the selling of players. I just hope what we have bought in show their worth.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Felix said:

Any Norwich fans here?

Apart from the usual Premier league lovers of United, spurs and West Ham... There are a couple of Blackburn Rovers supporters, at least one WBA supporter, a Leeds united fan and your obvious favourite... An Ipswich Town supporter. Not sure if there is a canaries fan on here tbh. 

I just remembered a few more. 

@galenkia.... QPR supporter.

@Pumpuynarak... Southampton

@Jambo .... Depends on where he lived.... Hearts, villa and arsenal.

@john luke  Leeds united. 

Edited by Aqualung
Missed info
  • Like 4

16 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Apart from the usual Premier league lovers of United, spurs and West Ham... There are a couple of Blackburn Rovers supporters, at least one WBA supporter, a Leeds united fan and your obvious favourite... An Ipswich Town supporter. Not sure if there is a canaries fan on here tbh. 

I just remembered a few more. 

@galenkia.... QPR supporter.

@Pumpuynarak... Southampton

@Jambo .... Depends on where he lived.... Hearts, villa and arsenal.

@john luke  Leeds united. 

The Guy who sat immediately behind me at Tynecastle not only had his Hearts season ticket but also holds a season ticket at the Villa. We had plenty of Villa stories to swap at half time at the Hearts.

I enjoyed my time at the Villa and Hearts but I will for ever more be a Gooner. I was 8 years old when my "Grandad" stood me on a wooden box on the North Bank. My Scots grandson is a Gooner as well. 😄

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/8/2023 at 7:01 PM, Stillearly said:

YES !!!! Brilliant save 

Double save really!

What a way to end a football match.

Did you notice the England player who had been red carded having already been substituted consoling the Spanish player who missed the penalty. Talked to him for some time with his arms round the Spaniard. Showed real compassion and sportsmanship.

• Thumbs Up 3

Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas are set to become minority owners of English soccer club Leeds United, Spieth told Sky Sports on Wednesday.

Spieth and Thomas are investing in the San Francisco 49ers' ownership group, 49ers Enterprises, which is in the process of taking over Leeds after its relegation from the Premier League to the second-tier Championship for next season.

A message left with the 49ers on Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.

“Relegation wasn’t ideal,” Spieth said, “but we got involved with the 49ers group about purchasing a larger share and getting in with them doing things so successfully as they do everywhere they’ve touched.

“We thought it would be a cool opportunity. It’s a big city, historic club, great venue in Elland Road, and once we looked into it we realized it could be really exciting.”

Spieth and Thomas are longtime friends. Spieth is a three-time major champion and Thomas has two major titles. Both are in Britain for this week's Genesis Scottish Open and next week's Open Championship at Royal Liverpool.

“It was totally random,” Thomas said. “Someone, I guess, that Jordan knew came to him with the opportunity, and the ball kept rolling and we ended up there. Being a sports fan – if you had told me when I was 15, your first step into sports franchises was going to be a football club, I’d have been like, ‘Which division? Is it AFC South?’ (Laughs) It’s cool to be part of something like that, but at the same time you don’t do it to be cool.”

The 49ers' ownership group first invested in Leeds in 2018 and increased its share to 44% in late 2021. The NFL club last month reached an agreement to take over Leeds with NBA players Larry Nance Jr. and T.J. McConnell joining as minority partners.

Leeds didn’t specify the sale price for the remaining 56% but British media reported it to be 170 million pounds ($214 million).

• Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

3 hours ago, Stillearly said:

Jordan Spieth and Justin Thomas are set to become minority owners of English soccer club Leeds United, Spieth told Sky Sports on Wednesday.

Spieth and Thomas are investing in the San Francisco 49ers' ownership group, 49ers Enterprises, which is in the process of taking over Leeds after its relegation from the Premier League to the second-tier Championship for next season.

A message left with the 49ers on Wednesday wasn't immediately returned.

“Relegation wasn’t ideal,” Spieth said, “but we got involved with the 49ers group about purchasing a larger share and getting in with them doing things so successfully as they do everywhere they’ve touched.

“We thought it would be a cool opportunity. It’s a big city, historic club, great venue in Elland Road, and once we looked into it we realized it could be really exciting.”

Spieth and Thomas are longtime friends. Spieth is a three-time major champion and Thomas has two major titles. Both are in Britain for this week's Genesis Scottish Open and next week's Open Championship at Royal Liverpool.

“It was totally random,” Thomas said. “Someone, I guess, that Jordan knew came to him with the opportunity, and the ball kept rolling and we ended up there. Being a sports fan – if you had told me when I was 15, your first step into sports franchises was going to be a football club, I’d have been like, ‘Which division? Is it AFC South?’ (Laughs) It’s cool to be part of something like that, but at the same time you don’t do it to be cool.”

The 49ers' ownership group first invested in Leeds in 2018 and increased its share to 44% in late 2021. The NFL club last month reached an agreement to take over Leeds with NBA players Larry Nance Jr. and T.J. McConnell joining as minority partners.

Leeds didn’t specify the sale price for the remaining 56% but British media reported it to be 170 million pounds ($214 million).

Ricky Fowler was to be involved but when Leeds were relegated he dropped out. 

• Like 1