Football

Thinkingallowed

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

What's your thoughts on the appointment Gal.? I thought he would do well since leaving Brentford but he's flattered to deceive IMHO. 

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

We have sod all money to spend,still paying off the £40m FFP fine,which at the time was the biggest sporting fine ever.So a manager comes in knowing he has little funds and has to work with a pretty average/poor set of players.So i thought we done well getting him in.

He did okay at Rangers with little money.

But he was too stubborn, wouldn't change his tactics once other teams worked them out. He used to say his Plan B was doing Plan A better.

That said, he had us playing some good football, good to watch, but just didn't have the players to match the way he wanted to play.  We didn't have the same players as Barca!

His insistence of playing out from the keeper was a case in point. 

Just now, Lemondropkid said:

You might be nearer the mark with Weir. QPR mate of mine mentioned Barton, not sure if it was news or a rumour!!

Barton?

He must've been joking.

Barton and Warburton had a big fall out at Rangers sure, Barton suspended, never played another game. 

3 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Barton?

He must've been joking.

Barton and Warburton had a big fall out at Rangers sure, Barton suspended, never played another game. 

Fooled again- it's my amiable believing nature, I get sucked in by Championship misinformation😩

52 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Amazing with all the bollocks about climate change etc that we have thousands of fans flying up to 900 miles to watch a football match that could be played in the home country of both the teams.

Kenilworth Road was available as a neutral English ground.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Amazing with all the bollocks about climate change etc that we have thousands of fans flying up to 900 miles to watch a football match that could be played in the home country of both the teams.

Liverpool have announced they will be getting 16,613 tickets,as will Spurs,in a 68,000 seater stadium.Rest are going to corporate,sponsors and various other ponces looking for a freebie.

Prices range from £60 to £513,with 54% priced at £154.

Fucking joke,and why i won't pay to watch football anymore.Days are gone of it being a working class man's game.

• Sad 1
  • Surprised 1

58 minutes ago, galenkia said:

Liverpool have announced they will be getting 16,613 tickets,as will Spurs,in a 68,000 seater stadium.Rest are going to corporate,sponsors and various other ponces looking for a freebie.

Prices range from £60 to £513,with 54% priced at £154.

Fucking joke,and why i won't pay to watch football anymore.Days are gone of it being a working class man's game.

The flights are the really expensive thing , some flight to Milan up to £1,300 

• Sad 1

25 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Arsenal in final , Chelsea heading towards extra time ...

I have turned the Chelsea game off; after watching Spurs and Liverpool play with heart and passion, I decided that watching Chelsea play with no urgency or desire was not for me.

• Like 1

Just turned over from the Arsenal game .....bit of a contrast..... !!! Aubemayanga and Lacazette wowola .....great atmosphere in Valencia.

110 minutes gone ......penalties ????..... might watch Newsnight instead.... 

3 hours ago, Starshine said:

Awesome for the PL....Come on Spurs and Arsenal.

Arsenal were absolutely superb this morning ( 02:00 am !!! ) with a masterclass hat trick from Aube and a great one from Lacazette.

Valencia were no mugs either.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1