Football

Thinkingallowed

Dear BM Jambo and assorted Gooners :

Despite Arsenal's worst start in 45 years and today's defeat at Tottenham I am still sure there are 3 worse teams than you in the Premier League and you have enough to stay up. 

Someone showed me that Usmanov's place the other day ........ he must have a few bob to buy some new players in January. Near Bishop's Avenue but far wealthier .......

• Haha 3

8 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Rangers have the league title well and truly won. Actually, they may well go this league season unbeaten. Celtic are pitiful. 

Strange how the Celtic people here and elsewhere have gone exceptionally quiet isn't it ? Now though ? lost against Ross County, thrashed again in the Europa League and out of that ( Rangers go through ) and yesterday they managed a draw against the mighty St Johnstone.

Seems like their supporters only 'Sing when they're winning' !

35 minutes ago, dcfc2007 said:

Are you American? 

Nope, I'm English and I'll bet there's no Americans on here that understood it either ? The Huns I'm assuming are Rangers but I've got no idea what the reference was to tramps ?

Oh and I can remember when Celtic and Rangers and to a much lesser degree Aberdeen were doing well in Europe which is what 30 odd years ago ? Also when Scotland had a decent national side too but that was years ago and it's about time the Celtic and Rangers fans got it into their heads that they're only big clubs in Scotland and nowhere else. From just having a quick look at the stats Rangers are still ahead of Celtic on the amount of trophies won despite them being out of things for the past few years.

Edited by mrcharliemofo

10 hours ago, dcfc2007 said:

Rangers have the league title well and truly won. Actually, they may well go this league season unbeaten. Celtic are pitiful. 

Certainly looks like it and it would take an almighty collapse from Sevco to lose it now. Even if they have a bad run of games I just don't see Celtic taking advantage.

Celtic's remarkableemarkable run was always going to come to an end though. It's been some run with the Scottish cup final from last season still to be played. Win that then thats a quadruple treble in the bag, something that will never be repeated. 

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Murchie said:

Certainly looks like it and it would take an almighty collapse from Sevco to lose it now. Even if they have a bad run of games I just don't see Celtic taking advantage.

Celtic's remarkableemarkable run was always going to come to an end though. It's been some run with the Scottish cup final from last season still to be played. Win that then thats a quadruple treble in the bag, something that will never be repeated. 

I would never say never, because nobody loves a slip up more than Slippy G. However, Rangers look a much better side than last season and they don't look like getting beat atm. I wouldn't be surprised if they went the league season unbeaten. 

Celtic on the otherhand, what has happened? I still think they have a better side than rangers, but it appears as if some of the players have downed tools, and Lennon is clueless.

What Celtic have achieved is incredible, and will likely never be matched, but they will be kicking themselves that they couldn't see off the 10 in a row. If they do lose the title, Lennon will go, and they need to use that as the opportunity to revitalise the squad. 

Celtic still have a fantastic side of players that I personally rate highly such as McGregor, Christie and Edouard. However, I think Frimpong and Ntcham are massively overrated, and have been found out this season. 

10 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

Depends if he wants to be there this week .... or it was just his agent ...  will  see .. not putting him my Fantasy team anytime soon ... 😉 

Those Pogba agent stories make me smile. He signed up for Man U when they weren't in the CL for the money.

The only place he will get paid anywhere near the same cash is China

Here comes the Man😀

• Thumbs Up 1