Random Pictures. (Just add one photograph that you personally have taken).

john luke

This is the largest Arapaima I have ever caught, weighing well over 200lb. These fish can be very dangerous and this one was no different, just before this picture was taken it thrashed violently and literally threw myself and the guide on the tail off, my right knee took most of the damage. How the guide on the head end managed to stear the fish back into the net I have no idea, but I was greatfull he did.

image.jpeg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Surprised 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

This is the largest Arapaima I have ever caught, weighing well over 200lb. These fish can be very dangerous and this one was no different, just before this picture was taken it thrashed violently and literally threw myself and the guide on the tail off, my right knee took most of the damage. How the guide on the head end managed to stear the fish back into the net I have no idea, but I was greatfull he did.

image.jpeg

Never really been in to fishing but your catches are certainly big and interesting.  My claim to fame was catching a large 84lb Karambezi in Mauritius off Le Morne Brabant.  I looked up the name but can't find any mention of it except it may have been a Giant Trevally. 

Other that that it has been cod in a fjord near Tromso and whiting off Brixham.

The wife loves fishing, something she did very often with her brothers in Thailand in the Mekong when she lived near Bueng Kan, east of Nongkhai.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Never really been in to fishing but your catches are certainly big and interesting.  My claim to fame was catching a large 84lb Karambezi in Mauritius off Le Morne Brabant.  I looked up the name but can't find any mention of it except it may have been a Giant Trevally. 

Other that that it has been cod in a fjord near Tromso and whiting off Brixham.

The wife loves fishing, something she did very often with her brothers in Thailand in the Mekong when she lived near Bueng Kan, east of Nongkhai.

Most probably a GT, they grow to 150 pounds plus and are prevelant around Mauritius.

Any 84lb fish is one to behold. Nice catch.

Given it was weighed, did they take it for the table?

3 hours ago, boydeste said:

Most probably a GT, they grow to 150 pounds plus and are prevelant around Mauritius.

Any 84lb fish is one to behold. Nice catch.

Given it was weighed, did they take it for the table?

It was weighed but I can't remember what happened to it. I even believe I have a photo of it somewhere but that could be in a suitcase in Thailand. Of course I am presently in sunny Wales

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

It was weighed but I can't remember what happened to it. I even believe I have a photo of it somewhere but that could be in a suitcase in Thailand. Of course I am presently in sunny Wales

That's the beauty of the modern digital age, I have many old pictures of interest on paper and slide, every now and again I scan or take digital pics to keep for prosperity.

19 minutes ago, boydeste said:

That's the beauty of the modern digital age, I have many old pictures of interest on paper and slide, every now and again I scan or take digital pics to keep for prosperity.

I have so many especially from when I worked at the airline.

Got photos of the Space Shuttle on top of a NASA 747 flying low above 10R at Heathrow plus loads of Concorde, many taken during formation flying of 4 Concordes in December 1985 to celebrate 10 years of operations with the anniversary being Jan 1986.

If only I could find the pictures I took of an Indian Air Force Constellation at Northolt, it infamously had a near miss with an Olympic 727 in 1970.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

I have so many especially from when I worked at the airline.

Got photos of the Space Shuttle on top of a NASA 747 flying low above 10R at Heathrow plus loads of Concorde, many taken during formation flying of 4 Concordes in December 1985 to celebrate 10 years of operations with the anniversary being Jan 1986.

If only I could find the pictures I took of an Indian Air Force Constellation at Northolt, it infamously had a near miss with an Olympic 727 in 1970.

It would be fun if you could find them and convert to digital for all to enjoy.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/12/2021 at 6:19 AM, boydeste said:

image.jpeg

Jeez, that is a monster - and I can believe how dangerous they can be when they are thrashing around; reminds me of the halibut they catch across the border in Alaska, sometimes up to 400lbs and over and can easily break a man's leg if they connect - the Americans carry guns on their boats and shoot them to finish them off...

• Like 3

On 2/13/2021 at 4:24 PM, maipenrai said:

Jeez, that is a monster - and I can believe how dangerous they can be when they are thrashing around; reminds me of the halibut they catch across the border in Alaska, sometimes up to 400lbs and over and can easily break a man's leg if they connect - the Americans carry guns on their boats and shoot them to finish them off...

My knee took the brunt of the power as it smashed me out of the way, the following day I struggled to stand, but loading up with meds let me go to do my second days fishing. It did swell throughout the day and wouldn't of been able to have done a third.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by boydeste
  • Sad 3

4 hours ago, thumper63 said:

Out the bedroom window.

20210214_081641.jpg

We've got a good 12 inches of snow. And its supposed to keep snowing all of today. My back is already aching just thinking of going out there to shovel. 

20210214_081657.jpg

20210214_081717.jpg

20210214_081738.jpg

Enough there probably to bring UK to a standstill for a week!!

24 minutes ago, KhunDon said:

Can’t see most of the pictures on this thread. All I see is a box outline with the words “image.jpeg” but no picture!

Anyone else having the same problem?

From experience, any pictures posted during an upload often don't load after. 

I have just edited all of my last few, the file still exists in the post so it was just a matter of deleting the image file in the post and adding again from the uploaded pic which is still there.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1