Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 12/20/2022 at 2:42 AM, Golfingboy said:

This was supposedly the best cop drama on TV, ever. But even with a VPN, good luck finding it. Unless you purchase the whole series for $80 or pay by episode. Very frustrating, but I’m sure with all the piracy out there, I’ll get to enjoy it one day

image.jpeg

I do not know if you have watched "The Wire", but IMO that is far and away the best cop drama ever. It easily ranks in my top 3 TV series ever with the other two being "Breaking Bad" and "Game of Thrones (despite the ending collapse)". I liked "Dexter (another ending collapse)", "Boardwalk Empire", "The Sopranos", and "Better Call Saul" a lot as well.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, ChiFlyer said:

I do not know if you have watched "The Wire", but IMO that is far and away the best cop drama ever. It easily ranks in my top 3 TV series ever with the other two being "Breaking Bad" and "Game of Thrones (despite the ending collapse)". I liked "Dexter (another ending collapse)", "Boardwalk Empire", "The Sopranos", and "Better Call Saul" a lot as well.

As you can probably tell from the amount of posts in this thread, I watch a lot of TV.

But I have never watched a single episode of any of these you mentioned.😀

2 minutes ago, galenkia said:

As you can probably tell from the amount of posts in this thread, I watch a lot of TV.

But I have never watched a single episode of any of these you mentioned.😀

The Wire is probably the best TV series I've watched , loved GOT and Sopranos as well , Dexter early series was good and the reboot Series , Boardwalk Empire lost my interest after the first series  ... like you I missed Breaking Bad and the spin-off completely ... but it's on my list ..

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

The Wire is probably the best TV series I've watched , loved GOT and Sopranos as well , like you I missed Breaking Bad and the spin-off completely ... but it's on my list ..

Maybe spend  less of your time booking vacations, and you’d have a few more hours to spare…..

As I’ve said before, both great shows but years ago some of my customers were saying BCS was way better. Not true IMO, BB was just so good, such an amazing storyline, cutting edge concept. Not a single bad episode, even the Sopranos had one or two that bored me……and that was my favourite show at the time

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Haha 1

After a few years, finally got past Episode 1!  It gets addictive, way better than I thought. Kind of sad to watch and know that Helen McCrory passed so young

I love the actor who played Kimber, I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere….it was Giri/Haji, where he played a gangster too. I’m sure he’s a real celebrity in UK, but I’ve only seen him in 2 roles. Charlie Creed-Miles

image.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

^ another series I somehow missed .. 555

Only so many hours in the day.

Even though it looks like I am glued to the TV, I probably only spend around three hours a day in the week watching it,and an hour is at work on break. Maybe five hours if I'm not doing anything at weekend.

But to compare it to my past it's a lot more than before.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

After a few years, finally got past Episode 1!  It gets addictive, way better than I thought. Kind of sad to watch and know that Helen McCrory passed so young

I love the actor who played Kimber, I knew I recognized that voice from somewhere….it was Giri/Haji, where he played a gangster too. I’m sure he’s a real celebrity in UK, but I’ve only seen him in 2 roles. Charlie Creed-Miles

image.jpeg

I had a little trouble getting started with this one, but ended up liking it a lot. Once I turned on English subs it was much more enjoyable. This is probably because I am an American.

6 hours ago, galenkia said:

Only so many hours in the day.

Even though it looks like I am glued to the TV, I probably only spend around three hours a day in the week watching it,and an hour is at work on break. Maybe five hours if I'm not doing anything at weekend.

But to compare it to my past it's a lot more than before.

I almost never watched TV until I retired. I am probably up to 20 hours a week now.

53 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I had a little trouble getting started with this one, but ended up liking it a lot. Once I turned on English subs it was much more enjoyable. This is probably because I am an American.

Same….Whether it’s because I don’t to raise the volume late at night, or I simply can’t understand them, English subtitles are very useful to me when watching UK programs. A movie where I really needed them, was Layer Cake with Daniel Craig

Could easily fall under a heading of "What are you not Watching".

The Witcher: Blood Origins

I have enjoyed watching "The Witcher" so I was looking forward to giving the above entitled prequel a try. It became available today on IPT. As a warning, the reviews are terrible and I have removed it from my check it out list without watching a single episode. 

When I say the reviews are terrible I am talking about an IMDB of 4.4 and a number of IPT users posting comment emojis of a guy puking into a bucket. That's enough to dissuade me. 

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thanks 1

This had me on the edge of my seat, best movie in years I thought, but the final 30 minutes disappointed. Shame really, awesome cast but looking at online reviews, I know I’m not alone.

I’m in no way a movie connoisseur, but a few times in my life I’ve wondered “ did anyone important watch the final product, beginning to end, before the actual release” ?

This was one of them….

image.jpeg

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Golfingboy said:

This had me on the edge of my seat, best movie in years I thought, but the final 30 minutes disappointed. Shame really, awesome cast but looking at online reviews, I know I’m not alone.

I’m in now way a movie connoisseur, but a few times in my life I’ve wondered “ did anyone important watch the final product, beginning to end, before the actual release” ?

This was one of them….

image.jpeg

I just watched this afternoon.... and thought the same , the ending was crap 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

I just watched this afternoon.... and thought the same , the ending was crap 

I know right? Leto’s character could have better utilized but hey, we’re just just two lovers of Asian birds and our opinion doesn’t count enough to judge a $100M production I guess

Edit : hope it was cheaper than that with the ending