Recomended TV Programs to Watch from Live TV and Streaming Services (Threads Merged)

galenkia

On 1/11/2024 at 10:46 PM, ChiFlyer said:

A friend of mine, who is admittedly a bit of a "Groover McTuber" recommended this 8 episode mini-series to me.

"Lessons in Chemistry" IMDB 8.3.

I am only 3 episodes into it, but it is a powerful story and I am enjoying it.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13911628/

I did a few Google searches and the characters are fictional, but the story line is very much based on actual events from the eary 1950s. 

Available on Apple TV. I am pulling it through IPT.

Thanks again for the recommendation. Just finished the final episode. Great how they brought everything together in the final episode. A very thought provoking series.

• Like 1

I finally got around to watching "Oppenheimer" today. IMDB 8.4. I did a search on this thread looking for a post to add onto, but got zero hits. Maybe my search was clumsy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppenheimer_(film)

I am on the fence as to whether or not this is a very good movie or a great movie. I was reluctant to fire the movie up as it is a little over 3 hours long. I had recently read that it is leading the count for the largest number of Academy Awards nominations this year.

Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders) is IMO brilliant as the title character. The cast includes such additional luminaries as Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr, and Gary Oldman (in a lesser role as Harry Truman).

I watched the movie straight through (3 Hours) and did not even break to make a sandwich. I was riveted start to finish, maybe because as a grade school kid I was taught to stick my head between my legs (they left out the kiss you ass goodbye part back in the 1950s). 🙂

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Great Info 3

39 minutes ago, ChiFlyer said:

I finally got around to watching "Oppenheimer" today. IMDB 8.4. I did a search on this thread looking for a post to add onto, but got zero hits. Maybe my search was clumsy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oppenheimer_(film)

I am on the fence as to whether or not this is a very good movie or a great movie. I was reluctant to fire the movie up as it is a little over 3 hours long. I had recently read that it is leading the count for the largest number of Academy Awards nominations this year.

Cillian Murphy (Peaky Blinders) is IMO brilliant as the title character. The cast includes such additional luminaries as Matt Damon, Robert Downey Jr, and Gary Oldman (in a lesser role as Harry Truman).

I watched the movie straight through (3 Hours) and did not even break to make a sandwich. I was riveted start to finish, maybe because as a grade school kid I was taught to stick my head between my legs (they left out the kiss you ass goodbye part back in the 1950s). 🙂

To say that Oppenheimer led an interesting life would be a major understatement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/J._Robert_Oppenheimer

• Thumbs Up 1

On 1/21/2024 at 6:52 AM, galenkia said:

I thought it was a really bizarre story.

I noticed when starting it I already watched it on Dateline I believe last year. That police department, Vallejo, has to be one of the most corrupt in the USA, yet nothing gets done about it

• Thumbs Up 1

This three part documentary series on Disney was good. It’s about a mother convicted of killing her three year old daughter when she wasn’t even there, only her boyfriend. And currently been in prison over thirty years.

IMG_0051.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1

33 minutes ago, galenkia said:

This three part documentary series on Disney was good. It’s about a mother convicted of killing her three year old daughter when she wasn’t even there, only her boyfriend. And currently been in prison over thirty years.

IMG_0051.jpeg

By the title I was sure it was about Mamasans & Bargirls

F—k you Allan for ruining my woody

JK mate hope you are well…….

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

Just started watching this on Netflix, i'm quite enjoying it.

Yellowstone_tv_show_icon.webp

I loved it, binged all 4 seasons  the week I was isolating with COVID in 2022. Had Paramount for a week and caught 5-1,5-2 and that’s all so far. Like many good shows, word is it’s run its course though

Apparently this show itself is the main reason for some Montana towns’ property values doubling almost overnight……ain’t cheap no more. It has a lot to offer, vast spaces, golf, skiing, borders Canada, and NO sales tax….mentioned on another thread how back in 2007 I had a whole Big Mac Meal for $4.19 USD….Was shocked as hell when the cashier said “4.19 please”…..so used to everything being taxed to death up north 🇨🇦. Never visited, just drove the exactly 400 miles between Canada and Idaho on I-15, but at 85MPH it goes quickly. Used to be like the autobahn daytime, no limit. 

A lot of cheap millionaires have Montana plates on their Ferraris to avoid huge taxes in California & other states….even though they have ZERO intention of returning 

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Like 2

Jonathan Stewart will return to hosting "The Daily Show" on February 12th. Stewart will only host on Monday nights thru the 2024 Presidential Election. After that he will become Executive Producer thru 2025. The remainder of the week nights will be filled by guest hosts, as the program has done since Trevor Noah left.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

16 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

It's a great series. Loved it. Showcases the beauty of Montana with a great story line to boot.

I could'nt agree more. I have to say its one of the reasons i enjoy so many of the series i've watched on Netflix, the aerial shots of the locations where filming takes place is imo outstanding, Narcos and Narcos Mexico are two great examples of the beautiful countryside.

• Like 2

Just watched the 6th, and final, season of Grimm. It's a Sci fi/fantasy, loosely based on the Grimm Bros fairy tales 

I enjoyed the series, some good stories, great special effects, great monsters, allowing for 'fantasy' of course. I found the ending a bit disappointing compared to the rest of it tho. 

Edited by biggles