Post a random pic you took in Thailand

Sangsom

22 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Nice views from the hilton rooftop bar,chinese temple another good spot to sit,now if you walk from here to the next temple at takiab along the beach and back its about 10klm ! 

Have not attempted this walk in about 10 years. Previously, as an early riser attempted the walk numerous times and always stopped halfway by aggressive Soi Dogs. 

23 minutes ago, CalEden said:

Have not attempted this walk in about 10 years. Previously, as an early riser attempted the walk numerous times and always stopped halfway by aggressive Soi Dogs. 

Thats a pity,ive only did the walk twice in 6 years,but walked to blueport or market village in line with beach and back to chinese temple many times,ive honestly never seen many dogs going that way maybe 1 or 2 but never packs,walking the other way towards the kings palace there was certainly a pack of dogs in that area who could be quite menacing to joggers ect ,always gave them food of some kind ,but thats the only problem area i ve known,cheers.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Phantom51red said:

Thats a pity,ive only did the walk twice in 6 years,but walked to blueport or market village in line with beach and back to chinese temple many times,ive honestly never seen many dogs going that way maybe 1 or 2 but never packs,walking the other way towards the kings palace there was certainly a pack of dogs in that area who could be quite menacing to joggers ect ,always gave them food of some kind ,but thats the only problem area i ve known,cheers.

That pack used to climb the steps up from the beach into our garden at night and try to get fish out of the two ponds we had there! Occasionally, the police or palace police would round up a few in the evenings if they could catch them. I’d sit on the sea wall and watch the comedy act play out. 🤣

We had to put up a steel gate at the top of the steps to keep them out, but the buggers still managed to get in now and again! 😡 But strangely they never once crapped on the lawn or flower beds. 

Edited by KhunDon
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

If you mean the Sailor (?) bar on Nasredamri or the pub in the hotel.

My wife got bought 3 drinks for dancing with the band once, 2 from girls.

Isn't there a night club in the base of the Hilton hotel?

2 hours ago, Horizondave said:

If you mean the Sailor (?) bar on Nasredamri or the pub in the hotel.

My wife got bought 3 drinks for dancing with the band once, 2 from girls.

No there was an open bar slightly to the left and below the hotel on a level with the pool. I’ve been in the bar inside the hotel, they had their own brewery (on show, with lots of copper brewing equipment) that made Monkey Beer. 

Edited by KhunDon
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, boydeste said:

20230414_095907.jpg

These guys live off a soi away up soi 94,always fear for them when they are crossing the main road,usuon weekends or thai holidays thai couples will hire them with the girl wearing a white dress riding and bf taking pictures.....he's not the only one 😍

• Thumbs Up 1

13 hours ago, boydeste said:

Isn't there a night club in the base of the Hilton hotel?

More of a pub that everybody flocked to after the bars closed. 

Spent many a night in there, wasn't expensive and the bands were always bang on. It's where the wife got on stage and got bought her drinks by a few western ladies.

Great pick up place, not sure it is still open as haven't been in there in years. Was great pre Covid.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, KhunDon said:

No there was an open bar slightly to the left and below the hotel on a level with the pool. I’ve been in the bar inside the hotel, they had their own brewery (on show, with lots of copper brewing equipment) that made Monkey Beer. 

I was told that the brewing equipment was merely for show and the beer was brought in from down south.

Had some good names for their beers but wasn't cheap. Still a nice place to sit and enjoy. Literally at the eastern end of Bintibaht so a good location.

The pub through the wooden doors was a good place after the bars closed, got going around midnight.