Air Pollution - Pattaya

john luke

5 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Thought we peaked for the day at an AQI of 152. We haven't. If Pattaya were considered a major city we'd be in the #1 spot for the most polluted city in the world.

https://www.iqair.com/thailand/chon-buri/pattaya

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Been to 6 of the topic, definitely calling my brief afternoon in Dehli as the biggest s****ole.

Pretty grim for Patts in October 😒

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/31/2023 at 6:10 AM, fforest said:

6 months......Time for a change.......

20231030_172635.jpg

can these machines be used with the aircon on and are they any good? any reccomendations for type of machine, price and where to buy?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, jezza said:

can these machines be used with the aircon on and are they any good? any reccomendations for type of machine, price and where to buy?

As I have said in this thread before....I run my air cleaner 26/7/365....It makes a BIG difference in having a clean living environment....

I have this one.....I have seen them for 2,200.....Dig around on Lazada and Shopee...

https://shopee.co.th/SHARP-เครื่องฟอกอากาศ-(23-ตร.ม.-สีดำ)-รุ่น-FP-J30TA-B-i.858749773.18447340383?sp_atk=8a181188-3238-49d4-99e3-be497e04c374&xptdk=8a181188-3238-49d4-99e3-be497e04c374

Cheap filter replacements here....

https://shopee.co.th/แผ่นกรองอากาศ-HEPA-Filter-สำหรับเครื่องกรองอากาศ-SHARP-FP-J30TA-FP-J30-FP-F30TA-FZ-F30HFE-i.141264559.6354914672

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

57 minutes ago, jezza said:

I always use mine with the aircon on. Having the A/C on doesn't hinder or improve the air purifier's effectiveness. 

I also have a Sharp model. Link below is for models sold on Lazada. The models rated for 23sq m are ideal for cleaning the air in a small room.
https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=SHARP Air Purifier

Edited to add: I only run my purifier on the worst days.

I also have a SNDWAY PM2.5 detector so I can monitor how bad the air is locally.
https://www.lazada.co.th/catalog/?q=sndway sw-825

This prior post demonstrates the effectiveness of the air purifier.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Good stuff guys. I just bought 3 of the Sharp models via Lazada for our 2 story house (one for the upstairs bedroom, one for the upstairs office area, and one for the extended downstairs living area). I have been thinking about doing this for a while. All take care.

I will review the models in a week or so.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

https://thepattayanews.com/2023/11/06/pattayas-air-suffers-worst-pm2-5-hazardous-dust-level/

Pattaya Air Suffers ‘Worst’ PM2.5 Hazardous Dust Level
By Tanakorn Panyadee -
Monday, 6 November 2023, 1:20

Pattaya holds the top spot for the highest PM2.5 health-hazardous dust level as of November 5th, 2023.

The concentration of extra-small particles has surged to 154 micrograms per cubic meter in Pattaya, far above the safety threshold of 50 micrograms per cubic meter, according to the IQAir website on November 5th, 2023.

AQI (Air Quality Index) levels surpassing 100 fall into the “unhealthy” (red) category, while those exceeding 200 are classified as “very unhealthy” (purple). Beyond 300, they are deemed “hazardous.”

The top 10 cities with the worst air in Thailand as of November 5th, 2023, are as follows:

Pattaya, Chonburi – AQI 154
Bang Kruai District, Nonthaburi – AQI 120
Banglamung District, Chonburi – AQI 120
Mueang Nakhon Ratchasima District, Nakhon Ratchasima – AQI 118
Mueang Udon Thani District, Udon Thani – AQI 116
Mueang Nonthaburi District, Nonthaburi – AQI 105
Thawi Watthana District, Bangkok – AQI 105
Bang Khun Thian District, Bangkok – AQI 102
Bang Na District, Bangkok – AQI 99
Mae Sot District, Tak – AQI 97

• Great Info 1

6 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Good stuff guys. I just bought 3 of the Sharp models via Lazada for our 2 story house (one for the upstairs bedroom, one for the upstairs office area, and one for the extended downstairs living area). I have been thinking about doing this for a while. All take care.

I have bought a number of stupid things in my day....But my air purifier is one of the best things I ever bought.....Clean air in my condo 24/7.......

Don't worry about electric usage......Even on high these units use very little electricity...

I think a filter change every 6-9 months is about right....But my unit is always catching stuff in the air from cooking so my filter time may be shorter than let's say a unit in a bedroom...

Any ways I hope they work well for you....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2023 at 8:01 AM, fforest said:

I have bought a number of stupid things in my day....But my air purifier is one of the best things I ever bought.....Clean air in my condo 24/7.......

Don't worry about electric usage......Even on high these units use very little electricity...

I think a filter change every 6-9 months is about right....But my unit is always catching stuff in the air from cooking so my filter time may be shorter than let's say a unit in a bedroom...

Any ways I hope they work well for you....

I am about to write a review of the 3 models that I have turned up so far. I have noticed that you said that you "replace" the filters every 6-9 months. All 3 of my purchases say that the filters are washable. They also do not give model numbers for replacement filters. Any comments?

Also, you say that you run yours 24x7? I am doing the same for the main unit so far, but am wondering a bit about the effect of running say 5 units like that. I shall see.

tia,

CF

Edited by ChiFlyer

On 11/6/2023 at 1:16 AM, ChiFlyer said:

Ok my initial 3 units have been delivered and turned up. Given what I believe to be the importance of air quality in one's house, I am glad I did this, especially considering the overall air quality in Bang Lamung.

Purchase Number 1 - a larger capacity unit for our main first floor living area (Kitchen and Living Room).

Price - 3788
Stated Coverage area 200 sqm (I am suspicious of this claim, as it is very high compared to other more expensive models)

I like this unit. It has an LED readout on air quality. I can see it vary as I do cooking, turn off the air conditioning etc.)

It has a high read of 70 so far -> Cooking with a pressure cooker, and there being people watching TV and drinking beer near by. It has had a low read of 20 with the air conditioning being on and no other near by activity. I guess this is good.

Having problems displaying the Lazada link without giving away the ID to my Lazada account.

OOPS - hit the wrong key - To Be Continued

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Here is my air cleaner....,,

#1 Is the main unit..

#2 is the HEPA filter

#3 Is the Carbon filter

#4 is the air intake filter

# 3 and 4 need to be cleaned when they get dirty...Maybe every 30-45 days...

#2 The HEPA filter can't be cleaned very well..( I have tried a few times) Now I just replace the HEPA filter every 6-9 months....

The HEPA filter replacement for my unit only costs 275 baht so no big deal..

Lazada or Shopee should have new filters you can buy for your units....

image.png

• Like 1
  • Great Info 2

7 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Ok my initial 3 units have been delivered and turned up. Given what I believe to be the importance of air quality in one's house, I am glad I did this, especially considering the overall air quality in Bang Lamung.

Purchase Number 1 - a larger capacity unit for our main first floor living area (Kitchen and Living Room).

Price - 3788
Stated Coverage area 200 sqm (I am suspicious of this claim, as it is very high compared to other more expensive models)

I like this unit. It has an LED readout on air quality. I can see it vary as I do cooking, turn off the air conditioning etc.)

It has a high read of 70 so far -> Cooking with a pressure cooker, and there being people watching TV and drinking beer near by. It has had a low read of 20 with the air conditioning being on and no other near by activity. I guess this is good.

Having problems displaying the Lazada link without giving away the ID to my Lazada account.

When C&P links, edit out everything to the right of the "?" in the URL, including the "?". This holds true for any URL as the data to the right of the "?" is just track back data which can also include your Lazada ID. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-air-purifier-oled-real-time-pm25-i4954327376-s20824266811.html?c=&channelLpJumpArgs=&clickTrackInfo=query%3Aair%2Bpurifiers%3Bnid%3A4954327376%3Bsrc%3ALazadaMainSrp%3Brn%3Aafdba50855f3a8e9e50c136f3409648a%3Bregion%3Ath%3Bsku%3A4954327376_TH%3Bprice%3A1008%3Bclient%3Adesktop%3Bsupplier_id%3A100188417632%3Bbiz_source%3Ah5_internal%3Bslot%3A0%3Butlog_bucket_id%3A469695%3Basc_category_id%3A5578%3Bitem_id%3A4954327376%3Bsku_id%3A20824266811%3Bshop_id%3A1915066&fastshipping=0&freeshipping=0&fs_ab=2&fuse_fs=&lang=en&location=Samut Sakhon&price=1008&priceCompare=skuId%3A20824266811%3Bsource%3Alazada-search-voucher%3Bsn%3Aafdba50855f3a8e9e50c136f3409648a%3BunionTrace%3A214110c816995781168336221ec662%3BoriginPrice%3A100800%3BvoucherPrice%3A100800%3BdisplayPrice%3A100800%3BsinglePromotionId%3A-1%3BsingleToolCode%3AmockedSalePrice%3BvoucherPricePlugin%3A1%3BbuyerId%3A0%3Btimestamp%3A1699578117246&ratingscore=5.0&request_id=afdba50855f3a8e9e50c136f3409648a&review=6&sale=155&search=1&source=search&spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.2&stock=1

The link below with the track back info removed.
https://www.lazada.co.th/products/philips-air-purifier-oled-real-time-pm25-i4954327376-s20824266811.html

• Great Info 2

22 hours ago, ChiFlyer said:

Price - 3788

Continued  - thanks to @forcebwithu

Here is the link for the main unit that I described above.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4887836311-s20589279727.html?urlFlag=true&mp=1&tradePath=omItm

Like I said above, I like this model but am suspicious of the 200 sqm coverage claim.

I bought a smaller model for the master bedroom. Here is the link:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4883089892-s20524874066.html

Cost was 1598 and the stated coverage is 48 sqm
No LED read out on this one
Also the power connection is USB and not a wall socket plug

Decent enough air purifier and no complaints from me

I bought a little smaller yet air purifier for my home office. Here is the link:

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4837552169-s20206955210.html

Cost was 1568 and the coverage is stated as 36 sqm
This one has an LED read out, but it does not seem to be working correctly. It is probably time to read the instructions.
And again the power connection is USB and not a wall socket plug

Again no complaints

Because of the number of USB connections that I now have I bought 2 multi-port USB chargers. I like these.

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/i4874369290-s20432094917.html

Cost was 205 per charger and they are quite useful. They even look good.

All in all I am happy with what I have done. I have noticed that the downstairs larger model is registering larger numbers on the LED, even tipping 100 tonight. My plan is to buy 2 more of this more expensive unit. I will put a second one downstairs near the kitchen. The other will go into the master bedroom with the 2 smaller ones that I already have being relocated to other upstairs rooms.

Edited by ChiFlyer
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1