Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

10 hours ago, Butch said:

Does this "Pattaya Beach please" gaff ever get busy?. I thought is was shut on my last trip in April, I remember a YT vid on it getting built in its previous incarnation.

Definitely like to visit it next time, but where's the bloody entrance?.

Only ever use it as a night cap place m8..ie 1-2 in the morning...

Sometimes have parties there and can be busy.....

• Great Info 1

On 12/12/2023 at 11:31 AM, Painter said:

20231212_101538.jpg

20231212_101645.jpg

Being the observant sort, walking past this morning I notice the site next to this was also being cleared. The big machine was a bit of a give away...

20231213_102848.jpg

part of the wall between the two plots has been removed, so the combined plot is massive. From memory  I think the plot above with the tin wall was a evening/night market/bus park  for chinese tour groups before covid. 

As @johnpat says above, maybe a hotel/ entertainment place?

20231213_102930.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

There has been some building work going on for some time on Pattaya Tai in front of the Pattaya City Resort.... Hopefully it will be daytime bars at Thai prices....

Sitting on a bar stool looking out over the small lake pondering life with a large 70 Baht bottle of Chang would suit me just fine ..

Would you mind if I joined you but I would prefer a 50 baht small bottle of San Miguel Light.

19 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

There has been some building work going on for some time on Pattaya Tai in front of the Pattaya City Resort.... Hopefully it will be daytime bars at Thai prices....

Sitting on a bar stool looking out over the small lake pondering life with a large 70 Baht bottle of Chang would suit me just fine ..

Would you mind if I joined you but I would prefer a 50 baht small bottle of San Miguel Light.

• Haha 2

I read an article recently in Bangkok Post suggesting that longer opening hours will commence from December 15th in certain areas including Pattaya. Bars in certain designated areas stay open until 4 am. Will interesting to see how that pans out and whether all bars will take up extended hours. I say that, because some bars are pretty empty at 2am and close on time, some earlier. But for busier bars and GoGos etc, I wonder what the effect will be? Of course during the Xmas/New Year period, there will be more tourists, so I guess the timing is right  

Whether this will generate more income to the area remains to be seen. Maybe some folk will start out later and stay out later. 

Would be interested to hear from those in town when or if it kicks in, in a couple of days, as to what's happening if you happen to be a night owl or nightcrawler 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

I read an article recently in Bangkok Post suggesting that longer opening hours will commence from December 15th in certain areas including Pattaya. Bars in certain designated areas stay open until 4 am. Will interesting to see how that pans out and whether all bars will take up extended hours. I say that, because some bars are pretty empty at 2am and close on time, some earlier. But for busier bars and GoGos etc, I wonder what the effect will be? Of course during the Xmas/New Year period, there will be more tourists, so I guess the timing is right  

Whether this will generate more income to the area remains to be seen. Maybe some folk will start out later and stay out later. 

Would be interested to hear from those in town when or if it kicks in, in a couple of days, as to what's happening if you happen to be a night owl or nightcrawler 

Quite a few bars now are 3.00 am.....

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

I read a similar article, that went on to say that people leaving at 4am w9uld be breathalysed, and if over the limit would be kept in a safe place until sober enough to get home safely....

yeh, right!

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, Painter said:

I read a similar article, that went on to say that people leaving at 4am w9uld be breathalysed, and if over the limit would be kept in a safe place until sober enough to get home safely....

yeh, right!

They would need a large number of personel to pull that one off 😁

8 hours ago, Painter said:

yeh, right!

Trust me by 4.02 AM first day this plan will be forgotten......If not by 4.01 AM.....

3 hours ago, Yesitisdakid said:

They're going to have to be working day and night I believe to get the Las Vegas beer bar complex open as they said they would on January 1st. It has been posted that they now have one more person taking a bar which brings it to four. Will be interesting indeed

FB_IMG_1702514163556.jpg

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, Blue Streak said:

Interesting vid,

I didn't get the Fire Exit reasoning... He paced out the stage area that seemed to go passed the proposed Fire Exit. What happens if there is a "situation" on the stage or in one of the beer bars next to it .. How are customers supposed to leave?

Generally I am very pleased that City Hall is acting so seriously on new builds ..

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, Blue Streak said:

Thank you very much for that I haven't seen it so now they're talking about the end of January so if you're talking about real good high season there they may get one month the month of February. I just can't see these guys putting out the kind of money it's going to cost to open these new bars up without having a full high season going in. Good luck to them I hope they do well I really do I look forward to patronizing them but it's going to be a tough road to hoe

Edited by Yesitisdakid
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5