Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

I wonder how many bars in Tree Town are making a profit?

I would hazard a guess, very few.

Same old, same old.

Too many bars all chasing the same diminished number of potential customers. Yet new "beer gardens" continue to open hoping they will be different.

Give me a comfortable air conditioned bar with a good sound system, nice eye candy and reasonable prices any day.  

Nice clean toilets tho , think all should be like that , one,s in tree town OMG 

9 hours ago, Jambo said:

Yep.

The icing on the cake, particularly in the back portion was many bars having their own live music playing as loud as possible, just to make sure any customers left the area as soon as they could.

Talk about to how to sabotage their own businesses in one easy step.

The pity was at one stage some of those bars had some reasonable talent in their line ups.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

13 hours ago, Jambo said:

Same old, same old.

Too many bars all chasing the same diminished number of potential customers. Yet new "beer gardens" continue to open hoping they will be different.

Give me a comfortable air conditioned bar with a good sound system, nice eye candy and reasonable prices any day.  

Part of the reason I like Dive Bar on Pothole, music isn't loud, some half decent eye candy (couple of former Airport a GoGo girls in there on my last visit) decent A/C and comfortable.

There are plenty of others around town that also fit the bill, but as to how many are making a profit in Treetown, well that's anyone's guess. I see there's a bar there selling 39 baht draft, can't be much profit in that and they'd have to sell an awful lot of draft beer to make such a thing work I imagine.

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:08 PM, Blue Streak said:

This place has been closed for a week or so.......Tree Town....

20240222_011220.jpg

lass who owns its is a ex soi6 girl who worked in angels bar just as on right as u walk down soi6slim as hell long blonde hair did have swedish bf at one point and went over for a while.not sure if she still with him or loved up with someone else now.they did alot of live youtube over covid to get girls some money.she has a mate called lilly monster if i recall right who also worked in angels to before they changed it all.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 1

6 hours ago, thunder367 said:

lass who owns its is a ex soi6 girl who worked in angels bar just as on right as u walk down soi6slim as hell long blonde hair did have swedish bf at one point and went over for a while.not sure if she still with him or loved up with someone else now.they did alot of live youtube over covid to get girls some money.she has a mate called lilly monster if i recall right who also worked in angels to before they changed it all.

Great info mate.

It must have had a fair rent to pay on it, as it's fairly sizeable and not just a 1 or 2 unit job. Damn shame it's closed now.

Some customers left Mai Thai Cuisine without paying ... the restaurant would like to get in touch ..

"These lovely customers enjoyed our Belgian beers, our French wine, and loved our best tenderloin. Only one small problem, They were so happy that they left without paying. If somebody knows them, or sees one of them, can you please ask to come back @ Mai Thai Cuisine and pay their bill? 🙏"

https://www.facebook.com/100063549352323/posts/pfbid02NLzPubUekhsHmY6ZEqRRnnXgBVSwurZ2x1m99fLoQb8DsHx7Rjxk4PAKN8HMUwRpl/?

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

• Sad 3

1 hour ago, Stillearly said:

Some customers left Mai Thai Cuisine without paying ... the restaurant would like to get in touch ..

"These lovely customers enjoyed our Belgian beers, our French wine, and loved our best tenderloin. Only one small problem, They were so happy that they left without paying. If somebody knows them, or sees one of them, can you please ask to come back @ Mai Thai Cuisine and pay their bill? 🙏"

https://www.facebook.com/100063549352323/posts/pfbid02NLzPubUekhsHmY6ZEqRRnnXgBVSwurZ2x1m99fLoQb8DsHx7Rjxk4PAKN8HMUwRpl/?

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

Fuc*ng Tossers ...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

41 minutes ago, SteveBC said:

Clear pictures of the pair of twats, so hopefully somebody will recognise them.

Hopefully they did not fly home soon after the meal    !!!

They look Russian to me, so I suspect they won't want to be flying home! 

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Haha 1

The old expat food store fever that is in the complex opposite the full love in short time hotel is now being converted into a bar looks to be a pretty big one taking the Old fever as well as their store room that was next door saw the woman and her I assume boyfriend this morning and they said it should be open soon interesting location hope it works for them

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Yesitisdakid said:

The old expat food store fever that is in the complex opposite the full love in short time hotel is now being converted into a bar looks to be a pretty big one taking the Old fever as well as their store room that was next door saw the woman and her I assume boyfriend this morning and they said it should be open soon interesting location hope it works for them

That is a very big venue , I went there last trip. That's also a big complex, if I recall there were a couple of units free last year. I've a feeling that may become a busy area over time. There was also some construction going on at the end of the road iirc (memory is hazy due to having consumed a fair bit of San Miguel that afternoon).

49 minutes ago, Butch said:

That is a very big venue , I went there last trip. That's also a big complex, if I recall there were a couple of units free last year. I've a feeling that may become a busy area over time. There was also some construction going on at the end of the road iirc (memory is hazy due to having consumed a fair bit of San Miguel that afternoon).

They have done a massive amount of building in that general area but that big complex opposite those gentleman's clubs there are still units in there that have never been occupied it's only ever been about 50% full and it's been there for 6 or 7 years minimum. It just can't seem to catch on

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 2/27/2024 at 5:35 PM, SteveBC said:

Clear pictures of the pair of twats, so hopefully somebody will recognise them.

Hopefully they did not fly home soon after the meal    !!!

Yes.... Those punks pics should be plastered on every streetlight in Pattaya. 

They also need a good kicking.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

14 hours ago, Lirchenfeld said:

Just read that the Italian restaurant  Grottini in Naklua 33 is closing 1 March.

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100057663150632

That's also a shame , I've eaten there regularly in the past but haven't since my last trip before covid.

They have a lovely selection of decent wine, the staff are great and the food is awesome. Not cheap but a good, honest and decent restaurant.

Seems all the places I like to eat and drink are closing down!.

Edited by Butch
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Looks like it won't be long before we'll have a new bar to check out on Soi Full Love Inn.

IMG_20240301_073006.jpg

IMG_20240301_073100.jpg

IMG_20240301_072936.jpg

It looks as if it is a RoRo Bar where you go in one way and out t'other ( As in a RoRo Ferry)..

..... The Herald of a New Enterprise eh  ?? (Sorry in advance for that !!!)

21 hours ago, Butch said:

That's also a shame , I've eaten there regularly in the past but haven't since my last trip before covid.

They have a lovely selection of decent wine, the staff are great and the food is awesome. Not cheap but a good, honest and decent restaurant.

Seems all the places I like to eat and drink are closing down!.

On 2/29/2024 at 2:36 AM, Lirchenfeld said:

Just read that the Italian restaurant  Grottini in Naklua 33 ....

Reopened already on Soi Wongamat....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1

@Yesitisdakid had mentioned earlier this week what used to be Fever on Bong Koch 8 was being redone as a bar. I don't normally ride down that side of the block of buildings, but detoured that way for a couple of photos of the WIP.

The new owners were there so chatted a bit with them. When I asked what the bar's name would be, they hadn't decided on one yet. Thought that kind of strange as I would think that's one of the first things you would do when pulling licenses and starting construction on a new bar. They also didn't know when they would open.

P3020002.jpg

P3020003.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Great Info 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

And that's a massive bar it's both the Old Fever and the shop next to them that's open in the photo I think it's the equivalent of four Shop houses. Along with that other bar that you posted that's getting built and Club Secrets that's already in that complex I'm guessing that whole area is going to turn into another little entertainment area it's okay with me I kind of like all the action around here I got tired of going out on my balcony and looking at a dirt lot

• Like 2
  • Great Info 2

On 2/27/2024 at 9:58 AM, Stillearly said:

IMG_6611.jpeg

IMG_6612.jpeg

IMG_6613.jpeg

I hope the Service girl didn't get stuffed with the unpaid bill.

It is quite common practice to deduct the equivalent of an unpaid bill from the service girls wages.

• Sad 4