Pattaya Go-go bars, beer bars & restaurants (News closures and Updates)

john luke

1 hour ago, forcebwithu said:

Latest word is Nicky's is hoping to move to the new location in June, but since TIT, July is more likely.

Pictures of the construction as of this morning.
P4040002.jpgP4040005.jpg

P4040008.jpg

I hope they do good here.....Their old location- you cant miss right on Soi Bukow...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder what effect  if any, the new complex will have on existing bars in Diana, those that have been around for years, mid way down the Soi, not to mention nearby LK Metro

So many bars now, in the Buakhao, LK, Diana area. Will there be enough customers to sustain a whole evening? Tree Town has many bars, often with few customers during certain hours.

Will be interesting to see how Vegas pans out. Probably a lot of interest initially but what will it offer apart from just a new strip of bars with similar format?

That said  I hope it does well.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Haven't given a look at the pricing I really don't think it's out of line but I just don't understand 10 bars in that close proximity and they're all being busy it's just competition amongst each other not to mention the competition as has been mentioned in LK Soi Diana and Boukow. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

22 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

It is an odd design. Every bar beer distribution point (BDP) offers the same beer at the same price for customers to drink in what looks like a shared common space. The only distinguishing charateristic between each of the cookie cutter BDP's is a cookie cutter sign with a different name above each BDP.

If I were an prospective owner, I'd be hard pressed to see the value propistion of buying a BDP in the LV Beer Garden.

So you buy enter the shed, find a seat in the communal area, and are served a beer from BDP1. Some loud lout starts puffing away and Swearing loudly, so you move to the other end of the shed, near to BDP5. What happens when you want to checkbin? Do you have to attract the attention of a worker from BDP1? Or can a worker from BDP5 take your money? Or can you just slip out un-noticed?

As you say, your huge pur have price buys you a wooden counter with fake pictures on, and a fridge, unless you're at the front when you get a modified shipping container...

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

12 minutes ago, Painter said:

So you buy enter the shed, find a seat in the communal area, and are served a beer from BDP1. Some loud lout starts puffing away and Swearing loudly, so you move to the other end of the shed, near to BDP5. What happens when you want to checkbin? Do you have to attract the attention of a worker from BDP1? Or can a worker from BDP5 take your money? Or can you just slip out un-noticed?

I'm imagining it being like a food court where you pay when you order. 

• Thumbs Up 2

25 minutes ago, Painter said:

As you say, your huge pur have price buys you a wooden counter with fake pictures on, and a fridge, unless you're at the front when you get a modified shipping container...

I had the same thoughts as to how they would handle beer purchases. I can't see how a bin system would work; I expect it will be pay as you order.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hate to ask  the inevitable question and be " Danny The Downer"  today but.......how loud is the music going to be in this echo chamber? I suspect loud, Thai standard as usual. You will not be able to talk to your neighbor at all. 

Last April at Frog's Land, wifey and I stopped by for a drink....check bin please after 1 drink. I could not hear a word she was saying...some might think that's a good thing LOL! 

And........check with Bruno Mar's bookie and make a bet......does an Elvis impersonator make an appearance on opening night? 

IMG_9941-2.jpg

IMG_9948.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, thegrogmonster said:

Las Vegas beer bar complex opened at 4pm today and my mate says there are a lot of girls there already.

As to be expected. They will employ agency girls to kick start it. The test will be what it is like in a month's time. 

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

2 hours ago, Bazle said:

As to be expected. They will employ agency girls to kick start it. The test will be what it is like in a month's time. 

This is what my mate sent me:

The girls at the bar we're at come from Soi6  so no surprises!!!!

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

11 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Something unique to the beer garden are dB meters at the front and two bars in on each side. At around 90 dB you could still carry on a converstation without having to shout.

I've seen them gogos as well  (Lighthouse and Fahrenheit).   I'm wondering if it's a new regulation.   

• Like 1

With regards to the sound meters, my local pub has them and the power to the stage area is wired through them. If the band is exceeds a certain level they loose power.

During a Cold Chisel tribute show at the beginning the power kept on being cut to the band until they lowered the volume.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

54 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

Good summary by Larry. I thought the place had a good vibe going and have come around to thinking the place stands a good chance of being a success.

I suspect they'll have a problem with drink and dash customers as it's going to be very hard for the staff to keep a watchful eye on all their customers. Made harder by the fact there is nothing to distinguish one bart's bin from another bar. Unfortunately it's the staff who will have to cover the drink cost when a customer walks away without paying.

And as Larry pointed out, their electric bill is going to be massive. Even more so as surprisingly they don't have an air curtain at the entrance.

Something unique to the beer garden are dB meters at the front and two bars in on each side. At around 90 dB you could still carry on a converstation without having to shout.
IMG_20240410_191457.jpg

IMG_20240410_192133.jpg

IMG_20240410_192157.jpg

The day the electric bill arrives...

person frightened by high cost electric bill photo thailand

• Haha 2