What's your baht worth? Exchange rates on the street...

Painter

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Still think getting 37.61 as the base rate for an international transfer was pretty good. 

Yes, I agree.

I've generally carried cash from the UK but am wondering if it would make more sense to set up Transferwise. 

1 hour ago, ArtyGraph said:

37.08 from Transferwise currently.

I was shocked at 37.61 as I haven't seen that rate in the last few weeks but it was the rate used to convert the pound. I used to use World Remit but that is usually a full 1 baht or more down on Transferwise, I won't be going back.

34 minutes ago, Bazle said:

I fear that thinking about it is a lot easier than actually doing it in the current conditions. 

Depends on the price I suppose. I bought at 69, so could drop it quite a bit and still be in profit for the £'s I paid. 

But happy enough with renting it at present I suppose ..

• Thumbs Up 2

Ouch....Massive surge in value for the Baht against the Greenback yesterday ended week 43 satang stronger than it started. Ended at 30.41 on full markets. Savaged Sterling obviously yesterday off the back of it

We got rogue figures across Forex at the moment.....Sterling/Dollar is now 37.10 interbank so probably 36.80 at TT whilst Dollar/Baht is now showing 30.61 interbank from 30.40 this morning, I'd fill your boots on the ground if you can see 37.40 at a TT sunday for Sterling.....its not correct

• Like 1

10 hours ago, RR007 said:

We got rogue figures across Forex at the moment.....Sterling/Dollar is now 37.10 interbank so probably 36.80 at TT whilst Dollar/Baht is now showing 30.61 interbank from 30.40 this morning, I'd fill your boots on the ground if you can see 37.40 at a TT sunday for Sterling.....its not correct

Don't know where you're getting your rates from, but they're wrong. XE is showing 37.55 at 11:00 AM on Sunday morning, which would be around 37.35 to 37.40 at TT, exactly what Bazle's photo shows.

2 hours ago, Toy Boy said:

Don't know where you're getting your rates from, but they're wrong. XE is showing 37.55 at 11:00 AM on Sunday morning, which would be around 37.35 to 37.40 at TT, exactly what Bazle's photo shows.

Here but this is not only example......this is bang up to date at time of post. Other sites are rogue as well on both Baht/Dollar and Sterling/Dollar but not all

Am guessing they'll sort themselves out overnight

37.jpg

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

Underlying "grey market" on my work feeds are showing 37.37 currently on Sunday.....

XE has dropped slightly from 37.55 this morning to 37.51 now, so they're updating the rates but nothing disastrous - yet, anyway.