Is it raining in Pattaya? (Threads Merged)

john luke

So yesterday with the dark clouds moving in from the east my lady asks me if I thought we would have rain. I confidently replied "yes", and of course it never rained.

This morning as I'm getting ready for my bike ride my lady asks if I thought it was going to rain, and I replied no, but joked with her that now that I said that it probably would rain. So off I go on my bike ride and what happens, I get rained on. 🌧️:default_1087:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

So yesterday with the dark clouds moving in from the east my lady asks me if I thought we would have rain. I confidently replied "yes", and of course it never rained.

This morning as I'm getting ready for my bike ride my lady asks if I thought it was going to rain, and I replied no, but joked with her that now that I said that it probably would rain. So off I go on my bike ride and what happens, I get rained on. 🌧️:default_1087:

I wish it would rain here!!

My only task here is to water the 50ish trees in the orchard every night for 2 hours ..... which I honestly love doing...... but the village water supply is down to a dribble so I can only do a quarter of the job in the same time.

Now I do a quarter at night, a quarter in the morning and leave the mature trees alone !!!

So please predict no rain here tomorrow mate !!!!

4 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I wish it would rain here!!

My only task here is to water the 50ish trees in the orchard every night for 2 hours ..... which I honestly love doing...... but the village water supply is down to a dribble so I can only do a quarter of the job in the same time.

Now I do a quarter at night, a quarter in the morning and leave the mature trees alone !!!

So please predict no rain here tomorrow mate !!!!

I think that's a safe prediction, no rain for you tomorrow.

image.jpeg

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...

Was coming down pretty good for a while today, I walked from Jomtien to Pattaya and was at the corner of WS Soi 16 and Pratumnak @12:05 when it really hit - took cover under a 7-11 awning with the underground utility crew who were working right there for about twenty minutes before I was able to carry on my way. 

• 2 weeks later...

Light rain in South Pattaya twice this morning, too, though it didn't last for very long and there were no puddles left on the road, so I'm wondering if I can cancel this afternoon's watering duty in the garden? I just went for a drive down to Na Jomtien and, looking at the water standing down there, they seem to have had quite a lot more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, maipenrai said:

Surprised to see no reports from Pattaya - coming down pretty heavy in BKK right now and I've seen news reports of flooding in some areas of Chonburi...

My lady was on her way back from BKK yesterday when she got caught in the heavy rains around Sri Racha. In a call she mentioned flooding on Hwy 7, but don't think it was as bad as in the pictures below. Just slowed traffic down to a crawl.

image.jpeg

https://www.facebook.com/Thepattayanews/posts/1347855202649724

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maipenrai said:

Surprised to see no reports from Pattaya - coming down pretty heavy in BKK right now and I've seen news reports of flooding in some areas of Chonburi...

Nothing in Central Patts so far , but very overcast 

We had a real bashing last night for hours here in Korat, must be some flooding around the town. It would appear the heavy rain is very widespread. One bonus the temp (27C) was lovely last night sat out on my covered patio listening/watching rock music with a sangsom coke and a couple of joints lol