Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

Found a nice brisket today, Montreal smoked meat style. Will fry some up like bacon and also make some sandwiches later on this week. 
Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges, but I just calculated this 5.5 pound brisket, is exactly the same price as one pastrami sandwich @ Katz in Manhattan. I would never pay $24USD for a sandwich, just like I never go over 2K for LT

75F92212-A496-4592-B95D-447B346D0595.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

There were several packs of beef mince in my meat delivery, so today I tried my hand at making a spag bol. Bacon, chorizo sausage, onions, mushrooms, beef mince all made up with a bought sauce on a bed of Spegetti. Turned out to be a big batch and superb. 

Had some fruit for afters.

IMG_20200918_42291.jpg

IMG_20200918_19980.jpg

IMG_20200918_25166.jpg

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 4

iceland_luxury_2_steak_and_theakston_old

Last night was a steak and Theakston's Old Peculier ale pie, with home-made chips, garden peas and some extra beef gravy. Typical Iceland fare, the pastry and gravy were lovely, but there wasn't enough steak in it to satisfy a fly, never mind a growing lad like myself (well, growing around the stomach, lol). The reality looks nice, but my chips and peas were far better than the damn pie!

IMG_20200918_205833.jpg

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

iceland_luxury_2_steak_and_theakston_old

Last night was a steak and Theakston's Old Peculier ale pie, with home-made chips, garden peas and some extra beef gravy. Typical Iceland fare, the pastry and gravy were lovely, but there wasn't enough steak in it to satisfy a fly, never mind a growing lad like myself (well, growing around the stomach, lol). The reality looks nice, but my chips and peas were far better than the damn pie!

IMG_20200918_205833.jpg

Marks & Spencer do a Gastro Pub range Steak & Old Peculier Ale pie & it is very good.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, coxyhog said:

Marks & Spencer do a Gastro Pub range Steak & Old Peculier Ale pie & it is very good.

Well it couldn't have less meat in it than the bloody Iceland pie did. Take just one piece of the steak in the photo on the box, cut it in half, and that's probably more than there was in the entire pie! And I think I paid something like 180 Baht for a pack of two in Villa!

• Haha 1

On 9/17/2020 at 10:49 PM, Golfingboy said:

Found a nice brisket today, Montreal smoked meat style. Will fry some up like bacon and also make some sandwiches later on this week. 
Maybe I’m comparing apples to oranges, but I just calculated this 5.5 pound brisket, is exactly the same price as one pastrami sandwich @ Katz in Manhattan. I would never pay $24USD for a sandwich, just like I never go over 2K for LT

75F92212-A496-4592-B95D-447B346D0595.jpeg

Looks superb. Right up my street 

• Thanks 1