Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

7 hours ago, Krapow said:

Missus must be having a spice blow out before we go to Lapland and eat Rudolph burgers.

Larb gai, she made earlier when I took the child to her swimming lesson, then beef Panang simmering away.

20231119_120940.jpg

20231119_121016.jpg

Man o man, that looks like some Burning Love there mate...

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Stillearly said:

HH or Bangkok ? 

I revisited  Warm Welcome,  Soi 33 BKK  to try something else as I was so impressed with yesterday's visit- wasn't disappointed. Tiny place three tables inside, 2 outside but I'm forming the impression that whilst they only offer a small range, everything they do is excellent.

Edited by Lemondropkid
  • Like 1
  • Great Info 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, Lemondropkid said:

I revisited  Warm Welcome,  Soi 33 BKK  to try something else as I was so impressed with yesterday's visit- wasn't disappointed. Tiny place three tables inside, 2 outside but I'm forming the impression that whilst they only offer a small range, everything they do is excellent.

I’m in tears……one of last few nights in the capital I stayed at the (then)newly opened S33, nice boutique hotel walked right past the “painter” Japanese bars on my way to Nana and Tulip…..didn’t dawn on me for a while I should have maybe popped in for a beverage

Edited by Golfingboy
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, boydeste said:

Penang gai for me and some seafood salad for my company. 

20231119_163728.jpg

Nice one mate. 

Made me think. What do Thai's typically put on salads (basic greens) ? Do they use salad dressings like we do ?

That might sound kind of dumb, but seems like the only salads I ever see them eat is som tam.

• Thumbs Up 1

30 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

Nice one mate. 

Made me think. What do Thai's typically put on salads (basic greens) ? Do they use salad dressings like we do ?

That might sound kind of dumb, but seems like the only salads I ever see them eat is som tam.

I didn't see her add anything to the dish, she did ask for them not to make it too salty though!

1 hour ago, Glasseye said:

32 minutes ago, boydeste said:

I didn't see her add anything to the dish, she did ask for them not to make it too salty though!

I don't know how well @boydeste knew his dining partner, but to reply mainly to @Glasseye, in my experience a Thai won't even consider a Western style salad "naked".

In my opinion (knowing nothing of the situation nor the people involved) is that she was expecting Yum Talay ..Thai seafood salad ...