Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

29 minutes ago, tko said:

Sunday roast.

image.jpeg

Bloody Hell!

When? Where? How much..?

There is enough meat on that plate to be a vloggers meal in the ....... (Add your suggestions here .....) !!!

EDIT = "Utba" and kangaroo suggests an Austrian dish of boiled beef saurkraut .. Am I correct ???

Edited by Derek Dangleberries

13 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Bloody Hell!

When? Where? How much..?

There is enough meat on that plate to be a vloggers meal in the ....... (Add your suggestions here .....) !!!

Outback, out near Siam Country Club. 

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Outback+Sports+Bar+%26+Restaurant/@12.9261321,100.9502796,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m6!3m5!1s0x310295694f273cb1:0x5f4d673081ca5a8d!8m2!3d12.9261321!4d100.9528545!16s%2Fg%2F11xdmrl04?entry=ttu

That's the small mixed plate plus added lamb.  350Baht.  They have an all you can eat option for 495Baht, but the "small" is all I can eat.

• Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

36 minutes ago, Memurtle said:

Nice where is that from? Is it Penang curry?

Yup. Soi boomerang,  opposite Hideaway's toilets. Views crap, but the food is damn good.

Row of shops, taken from "hideaway corner"

20231112_150541.jpg

restaurant 

20231112_150601.jpg

edit... @Memurtle added a couple of pics

Edited by Painter
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

15 minutes ago, Painter said:

Yup. Soi boomerang,  opposite Hideaway's toilets. Views crap, but the food is damn good.

Nice I will definitely have to check it out!

Hideaway surprisingly had an amazing Panang curry until they recently changed chef. Now it’s way too thin and not good at all 😞

My favorite Penang curry now is probably Det 5 Soi 8 Nana Bangkok…

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I wanted to know the origin of Panang Thai curry and found 3 answers.

1. It is believed to have been influenced by both Thai and Malaysian culinary traditions. The dish's name, "Panang," refers to the island of Penang, which played a significant role in its development.

2. Thai Panang curry originates from the central region of Thailand, dating back to 1890. The name of the dish translates to the Thai word for cross, in relation to sitting on the floor crossed-legged. In old Thai cooking style, they would cook a chicken by crossing the legs of the chicken and placing it upright, then they would smoother the ingredients of a Panang onto the chicken, along with coconut milk. Creating the Thai Panang Chicken curry dish. 

3. Panang Curry is a special type of Thai red curry that is originated from Laos, one of the local rural places in Thailand but it is now predominant in the modern cities of Thailand as well as outside Thailand. It is salty and sweet, with a rich flavour of peanut.

All quite detailed as if each writer did some research into the subject.

Edited by Zambo
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

4 minutes ago, Zambo said:

I wanted to Knowl the origin of Panang Thai curry and found 3 answers.

1. It is believed to have been influenced by both Thai and Malaysian culinary traditions. The dish's name, "Panang," refers to the island of Penang, which played a significant role in its development.

2. Thai Panang curry originates from the central region of Thailand, dating back to 1890. The name of the dish translates to the Thai word for cross, in relation to sitting on the floor crossed-legged. In old Thai cooking style, they would cook a chicken by crossing the legs of the chicken and placing it upright, then they would smoother the ingredients of a Panang onto the chicken, along with coconut milk. Creating the Thai Panang Chicken curry dish. 

3. Panang Curry is a special type of Thai red curry that is originated from Laos, one of the local rural places in Thailand but it is now predominant in the modern cities of Thailand as well as outside Thailand. It is salty and sweet, with a rich flavour of peanut.

All quite detailed as if each writer did some research into the subject.

No idea of the origins but for me personally I know what makes a good/delicious one… Thick, creamy, spicy, sweet curry and the meat moist. Unfortunately there are so many bad ones around… (thin curry, too many veggies and flavorless curry sauce…)

• Thumbs Up 6