Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

5 hours ago, Phantom51red said:

Breaky in kfc pranburi tesco.

Spicy chicken n rice,and 2 egg tarts after that.

1000037910.jpg

Nice little food hall there, was in there in September as the Driving Licence Centre is just near across the main north/south road. Needed a break before the mandatory video viewing.

I keep saying Tesco but I think they are all called Lotus now but I know what you mean. 

Was reading that the CP group own 7/11s as well and the Makro group. Big corporation. 

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No pics I'm afraid but I have just created the love child of @tko and @boydeste in a single pan !!!

I cut a chop in half separating the meaty bit from the fatty bit.

I wrapped the meaty half in tin foil with Worcestersershershire sauce, sliced apple, sliced pear and raisins Then put the fatty bit straight in the oven tray with the spuds, onion and tin foil wrapped meat.

One hour in the mini oven on 250. Turn the spuds and fatty bit for another 30 minutes..

The fatty bit was perfectly "burnt"  as were the spuds and the meaty bit was soft and appley !!

Washed down with homebrew ..

Luxury !!

Sounds perfect. 👌

• Thumbs Up 1

2 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

No pics I'm afraid but I have just created the love child of @tko and @boydeste in a single pan !!!

I cut a chop in half separating the meaty bit from the fatty bit.

I wrapped the meaty half in tin foil with Worcestersershershire sauce, sliced apple, sliced pear and raisins Then put the fatty bit straight in the oven tray with the spuds, onion and tin foil wrapped meat.

One hour in the mini oven on 250. Turn the spuds and fatty bit for another 30 minutes..

The fatty bit was perfectly "burnt"  as were the spuds and the meaty bit was soft and appley !!

Washed down with homebrew ..

Luxury !!

I know i might regret this, but can you please post a photo of this amazing dish

Edited by Zambo

55 minutes ago, boydeste said:

Chicken fajitas in the Sportsman.

Superb. 

20231115_154823.jpg

20231115_154827.jpg

Any topless male pool players in there. The last time I was there in 2008, I left when 2 guys were playing pool topless; despite complaining, the management didn't ask them to put their shirts back on, definitely not for me. Have never been back.

Food looks Ok though, but won't get my custom.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Surprised 2

On 11/12/2023 at 9:55 AM, Memurtle said:

No idea of the origins but for me personally I know what makes a good/delicious one… Thick, creamy, spicy, sweet curry and the meat moist. Unfortunately there are so many bad ones around… (thin curry, too many veggies and flavorless curry sauce…)

Masaman beef curry is always the top of my list.
The wife used to go to the morning market in Hua Hin where there was a lady that sold freshly made curry pastes on her stall, add some coconut cream, a few green beans and some nice little spuds and I’m set for the night. 🤗👍

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Horizondave said:

Any topless male pool players in there. The last time I was there in 2008, I left when 2 guys were playing pool topless; despite complaining, the management didn't ask them to put their shirts back on, definitely not for me. Have never been back.

Food looks Ok though, but won't get my custom.

I eat downstairs in the main bar area. No pool tables there!

However I spend a fair bit of time in the main Bkk pool halls and have never seen anyone playing not wearing a shirt and would be very surprised if the current owners would let it happen.

I will ask them the current policy.

Edited by boydeste
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, boydeste said:

I eat downstairs in the main bar area. No pool tables there!

However I spend a fair bit of time in the main Bkk pool halls and have never seen anyone playing not wearing a shirt and would be very surprised if the current owners would let it happen.

I will ask them the current policy.

This is the restaurant where they did Sunday lunch, just enter through the side door into the restaurant almost next to the White House, Dynasty (I think). There was a pool table back then but if there is not now then I might give it a go next time.

There used to be customer feedback cards on the table, filled mine in after talking with staff but nobody spoke with the guys. 

They lost a customer but if management and facilities have changed I might go back.

This is Sportsman in Pattaya.

Edited by Horizondave
  • Thumbs Up 1

8 minutes ago, Horizondave said:

This is the restaurant where they did Sunday lunch, just enter through the side door into the restaurant almost next to the White House, Dynasty (I think). There was a pool table back then but if there is not now then I might give it a go next time.

There used to be customer feedback cards on the table, filled mine in after talking with staff but nobody spoke with the guys. 

They lost a customer but if management and facilities have changed I might go back.

This is Sportsman in Pattaya.

Ah, my post is from the Sportsman in Bangkok, hence my surprise.

Sorry, I didn't mention Bkk.

My bad. 

Edited by boydeste
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Surprised 1

5 hours ago, boydeste said:

Ah, my post is from the Sportsman in Bangkok, hence my surprise.

Sorry, I didn't mention Bkk.

My bad. 

No I like to think of myself as a non stalker, otherwise I may have followed your travels a bit closer. 

Just the name Sportsman conjures up my bad memory. I am not aware of Sportsman in Bangkok, where is that located.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, KhunDon said:

They look like used condoms on the left of that dish. 🥺

Are you on an economy drive? 😉

Lol! 

I've heard of King Edward and Royal Jersey potatoes but didn't know Durex had a potato business. 

They do look like condoms though and I hope they tasted better. 

• Haha 1