Post a pic of your breakfast/lunch/dinner

Sangsom

A lovely set menu in the Verdant hotel in Kuala Lumpur.

Pumpkin soup was to die for, followed by fried mackerel. Bbq sauce bit weird with fish - though it is a strong fish.

however new 1 on me was awesome tempura cucumber, when dipped in sauce was amazing.

pudding- sorbet was great with chocolate soil. The cake not to my taste but it was a very Asian style cake. No ++ added or charge for credit card

1 bottle of white wine sitting on terrace next to infinity pool in centre of KL.

Coming in at aprox 1500 baht for 2 people- very reasonable.

9D85FFDD-901A-4C41-8AC0-107777EC6DFE.jpeg

DD20F12A-95DF-445D-8789-7A1603165DE1.jpeg

7EE60A37-184B-4EDF-B702-8A35CA8C3A7B.jpeg

242ECD5E-4BB0-43B1-9BF7-EA45209154A5.jpeg

D0761DD3-247F-4FF2-880F-E06299C6E921.jpeg

BD674AAD-4460-4ECC-8796-B9DA2790F180.jpeg

40 minutes ago, barsie said:

Good old street food- very busy evening street stall opposite wat chai market. 

Amazing noodle soups. Set up at about 5 pm and packed about 40 seats until 3am.

BB5108C6-56BF-4A6B-B5D1-ADAA8C924FE8.jpeg

D00D55C3-304A-4466-B299-B87AD346906A.jpeg

CDA2067C-5EA6-4756-9A33-D48C51E88868.jpeg

F88595CF-880E-448C-AEF0-CBB115CBA3A6.jpeg

Barsie, sorry mate but food in plastic bags, tablettes and charging gear on the table......? ?

3 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Barsie, sorry mate but food in plastic bags, tablettes and charging gear on the table......? 

You never ordered street food? That’s how it comes- standard procedure. 

What’s weird about having a tablet in kitchen- I often have tv on ipad when cooking. Plus it’s modern version of a cookbook. 

2 minutes ago, barsie said:

You never ordered street food? That’s how it comes- standard procedure. 

What’s weird about having a tablet in kitchen- I often have tv on ipad when cooking. Plus it’s modern version of a cookbook. 

Just different generations mate.

But I do agree that a tablet is a good replacement of a cookbook, and we sometimes use Youtube for various recipe.

For the rest : nope, never bought food in a plastic bag, and never had TV in the kitchen. 

1 hour ago, code_slayer_bkk said:

A great idea .. pancakes  ..... I haven''t had any pancakes in years ... agree on the honey ...

First time I had done it myself from scratch- so little slow- but reckon could do them in 15 minutes in future.

the real honey is a winner- bit like real maple syrup.

1 minute ago, barsie said:

First time I had done it myself from scratch- so little slow- but reckon could do them in 15 minutes in future.

the real honey is a winner- bit like real maple syrup.

Been thinking since some time to make some here or in the village, and teach the Miss.

But the continental version we call "crepes" :

images.jpeg-2.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 5/30/2019 at 9:35 AM, Thai Spice said:

Just different generations mate.

But I do agree that a tablet is a good replacement of a cookbook, and we sometimes use Youtube for various recipe.

For the rest : nope, never bought food in a plastic bag, and never had TV in the kitchen. 

My missus is definitely old school but she's always knocking something up in the kitchen under instructions from youtube.Home made garlic naan I've posted earlier on this thread being a prime example.

2 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Been thinking since some time to make some here or in the village, and teach the Miss.

But the continental version we call "crepes" :

images.jpeg-2.jpg

images.jpeg-1.jpg

Big childhood memory for me was as a treat my mum making crepes Suzette - will have to hunt it down somewhere. Could do it at home but wasted on wife as she would not like alcohol element.

crepes the old French classic with Nutella, but I go lemon and sugar

• Thumbs Up 1

2 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

My missus is definitely old school but she's always knocking something up in the kitchen under instructions from youtube.Home made garlic naan I've posted earlier on this thread being a prime example.

Agreed. With Youtube it is very visual, and avoids the language / translation problem.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

Often on a Saturday in uk I would video chat with a friend in thailand as she showed me how to cook thai food, and we would cook along together. 

Then some weekends I’d show here to cook western food

• Like 1

1 minute ago, barsie said:

Big childhood memory for me was as a treat my mum making crepes Suzette - will have to hunt it down somewhere. Could do it at home but wasted on wife as she would not like alcohol element.

crepes the old French classic with Nutella, but I go lemon and sugar

Miss Indo tasted crepes Suzette in the restaurant already but didn't like the lemon taste.

If I make "classic crepes" at home, usually with sugar or marmelade. Never been a great fan of Nutella.