Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

3 hours ago, maipenrai said:

I saw this same fake YouTube  death notice a while ago and it's not the first one - I honestly don't know why anybody would pull shit like this.

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

As did I, I think it was around August or so. Yeah, can't figure that out either, just a sick joke on some A-holes part. His vocal on "I Can't Tell You Why", is sublime.

Yep i also reported his death some time ago only to be rightly corrected, HTF this can happen is beyond me !!! 

2 hours ago, galenkia said:

Totally agree mate.

But that’s what you get from a Conservative government who are rich and don’t need public services.

In our country it should be a "no brainier". Put ourselves before others. To me, hospice care should be top priority for those who are dieing and hopefully dying with dignity and our sick governance sit back and allow those with a conscience to fund such things by the way of  donations. 

It's all wrong to me. Horriblely wrong. Let's send millions to India for sending a rocket into space  but not look after our own. I'm growing sick of the handouts the UK and especially England gives to thousands and thousands of bloody wasters from abroad. Stop it and pump the money back into the NHS and especially hospice care for those of us who were actually born here. 

Pissed off. 

• Thumbs Up 7

1 hour ago, Aqualung said:

In our country it should be a "no brainier". Put ourselves before others. To me, hospice care should be top priority for those who are dieing and hopefully dying with dignity and our sick governance sit back and allow those with a conscience to fund such things by the way of  donations. 

It's all wrong to me. Horriblely wrong. Let's send millions to India for sending a rocket into space  but not look after our own. I'm growing sick of the handouts the UK and especially England gives to thousands and thousands of bloody wasters from abroad. Stop it and pump the money back into the NHS and especially hospice care for those of us who were actually born here. 

Pissed off. 

They throw our taxes away to causes 99% don't agree with,250 million to Rwanda....or into their own pockets, out of all the hand out s they give away I'd bet half of it or more somehow goes round in a circle and back to the chunts.

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 2:50 AM, Golfingboy said:

NFL fans will remember this guy…..TE Frank Wychek of the Titans/Oilers franchise gone at 52 after slipping at his home in Tennessee. Was a crucial part of The Music City Miracle, which was exactly as described…a 1-1000 play

Brain will be donated to science to research possibility of CTE, a blocking Tight End wouldn’t surprise me if he would have had issues…..but what a freak way to go…RIP

That's actually what will do many of us in. A fall in the home.

23 hours ago, Aqualung said:

Pissed off. 

I'm with you on this one mate. 100 %

• Thumbs Up 2

4 hours ago, forqalso said:

I thought the Smother Brothers were already gone but then I realized I was thinking of Rowan and Martin of Laugh in who have been gone for years....Still one Brother around....

image.png

59 minutes ago, fforest said:

I was surprised to see Gary Rossington had died in a plane crash, since he was a survivor of the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash.

According to various sites: Rossington suffered a heart attack on October 8, 2015, after which two Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts had to be canceled. In July 2021, he underwent emergency heart surgery. Rossington died at his home in Milton, Georgia, on March 5, 2023, at age 71. The cause of his death was not revealed.
No mention of a second aircraft accident.

2 hours ago, forqalso said:

I was surprised to see Gary Rossington had died in a plane crash, since he was a survivor of the Lynyrd Skynyrd crash.

According to various sites: Rossington suffered a heart attack on October 8, 2015, after which two Lynyrd Skynyrd concerts had to be canceled. In July 2021, he underwent emergency heart surgery. Rossington died at his home in Milton, Georgia, on March 5, 2023, at age 71. The cause of his death was not revealed.
No mention of a second aircraft accident.

Maybe he had very long delayed heath problems from the first plane crash...

• Haha 2

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/12/28/life-expectancy-no-political-response/

The commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration had an urgent message last winter for his colleagues, brandishing data that life expectancy in the United States had fallen again — the biggest two-year decline in a century.

Robert Califf’s warning, summarized by three people with knowledge of the conversations, boiled down to this:

Americans’ life expectancy is going the wrong way

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/health/2023/12/28/life-expectancy-no-political-response/

The commissioner of the Food and Drug Administration had an urgent message last winter for his colleagues, brandishing data that life expectancy in the United States had fallen again — the biggest two-year decline in a century.

Robert Califf’s warning, summarized by three people with knowledge of the conversations, boiled down to this:

Americans’ life expectancy is going the wrong way

With what, a million COVID deaths, was sure to happen

Be up to 90 years in no time!

• Thumbs Up 1

4 hours ago, Stillearly said:

British actor Tom Wilkinson, known for films like The Full Monty, Shakespeare In Love and The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, has died aged 75

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-65823240

No way! Just noticed Netflix had Michael Clayton on few days ago, started watching but something came up….Just as well, with my anxiety sometimes I can be set off by violence before bedtime…..his scene is truly great yet very disturbing in that we know damn well that government agencies probably do the same thing & make it look like an accident

RIP to a great actor

Edited by Golfingboy

On 12/21/2023 at 5:31 AM, maipenrai said:

I saw this same fake YouTube  death notice a while ago and it's not the first one - I honestly don't know why anybody would pull shit like this.

I just saw one on Carlos Santana on YT. First thing I did was a search. Nothing found.

I like YT for a lot of reasons, but there are a lot of cnuts on there. 

Just now, Glasseye said:

I just saw one on Carlos Santana on YT. First thing I did was a search. Nothing found.

You'd think that YouTube would keep an eye on crap like this - they give other contributors flak over stuff much less serious or offensive than phony death videos. 

• Thumbs Up 1

45 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

43 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

You'd think that YouTube would keep an eye on crap like this - they give other contributors flak over stuff much less serious or offensive than phony death videos. 

The fake death videos are part of a scam. Just posted about the scam over on the scam topic.

31 minutes ago, maipenrai said:

Agree. I've been dinged for a "semi-offensive" comment a couple of times. I thought it was bullshit.

As I gave it more thought it was probably because the channel(s) I made the comment(s) were offended and reported it. Thinned skinned, weaklings was all I could think. If they put themselves out there then be prepared to get some negative feedback. If they don't like what someone has to say about what they are shoveling then respond back, or shut the comments function off. 

While, as you say, there is all kinds of shit floating around that would be more effective use of YT's attention.

Some of the shit you see on YT is real trash. 

I also think part of the problem is I spend more time on it than I should be. I rarely ever used YT until covid hit. I was damn glad to have it back then, but now I'm thinking I am spending too much time on it.

Friggen world of AI we are entering into.