Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

Kim Simmonds,the glue that held Savoy Brown together for over 50 years has passed away from cancer.

I am so glad that I got to see them for the one & only time just before lockdown in London,I've been a fan since the 60's.

RIP to a Blues great.

• Thumbs Up 1

Shocked to see Terry Hall has passed.

Band that defined my school days. Remember hearing Gangsters on John Peel and rushing out to buy it on single on the day it was released.

Vinyl 45  from a record shop on the Wembley High Road- happy days.

Not one written by him, but seems right this morning- the message and joy of the Specials.

• Like 2
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

7 hours ago, Stillearly said:

For me this band was a perfect reflection of the mates I used to hang around with in the Army.

I was a council house boy brought up with gypsy families. In the Army I'd go out at night with lads from St Pauls in Bristol, then with a right fucking mixture from the S of I in Warminster, What  a bunch we were. RIR, me, Blacks, Indians from Brum, a fucking cracking bunch of lads.

Good times !!

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

19 hours ago, Golfingboy said:

Tom Browning was found unresponsive aged 62. Another athlete gone fairly young. This man accomplished the extremely rare feat of a perfect game, which only happens about twice a decade in Major League Baseball

Grew up watching this man often beat my Montreal Expos. I know @Yessongsremembers him well 

image.jpeg

Yeah he was a good pitcher for The Reds back in the day....nasty left handers always set me on my ass back in the day. 

RIP to him.

• Great Info 1

Here is a celebrity age of death list.... from one list for 2017 or  2018 or 2019 I forget the year...

40s.....4 people

50s....12 people

60s.....10 people

70s.....23 people

80s.....24 people

90s....10 people

100s...Just a few

Here is another one year  2016 or 2017 or 2018 or 2019 ? I forget the year..

40s.....12 people

50s.....11  people

60s.....13 people

70s.....28 people

80......23 people

90s.....20 people

100s..... just a few...

Edited by fforest

5 hours ago, Nightcrawler said:

What frightens me most, is that a good proportion of those in my record collection are now dead  and soon,I will be next 😩

And few will remember me. 

Bing Crosby been gone ages mate 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 6

6 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Christ, most of these guys are much younger than me.....

It's not so much the age though I am younger than them it's the fact that it's final and that era is gone forever.

Horrible life sometimes though none of us are here forever.

Merry Xmas 😆

• Thumbs Up 2