Obituary/RIP Recent Passings (Threads Merged)

Glasseye

4 hours ago, Pumpuynarak said:

A class act, sadly i never saw him. RIP

One of the greatest. I saw him in Iowa City Iowa, I believe it was 1977. Incredible show along with Santana.

Incredible album, incredible tune - "Freeway Jam", Blow by Blow ---

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

40 minutes ago, Glasseye said:

One of the greatest. I saw him in Iowa City Iowa, I believe it was 1977. Incredible show along with Santana.

Very sad indeed. A brilliant guitarist who's spam of music has lasted for decades. It was only a few months ago yjat he was gigging.  

A major loss to the music industry

• Like 1

Very sad news indeed.

I was lucky enough to see him at the last ever Ziggy Stardust concert at Hammersmith Odeon on July 3rd 1973. I was there for Bowie but when he was introduced it was a massive positive for me and the rest of the audience. The video below is a rare piece of tape not seen on the film of the concert that was released later. I had been at the penultimate concert of Ziggy the day before but a mate at my brother's college had a spare ticket for the final concert and I was able to be at that historic last concert of Ziggy and the Spiders and to witness Jeff coming on to play Jean Jeanie.

RIP

Edited by Horizondave
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Horizondave said:

Very sad news indeed.

I was lucky enough to see him at the last ever Ziggy Stardust concert at Hammersmith Odeon on July 3rd 1973. I was there for Bowie but when he was introduced it was a massive positive for me and the rest of the audience. The video below is a rare piece of tape not seen on the film of the concert that was released later. I had been at the penultimate concert of Ziggy the day before but a mate at my brother's college had a spare ticket for the final concert and I was able to be at that historic last concert of Ziggy and the Spiders and to witness Jeff coming on to play Jean Jeanie.

RIP

Beck,Bowie & Ronson....what a lucky man you were!

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Glasseye said:

One of the first albums I ever bought,brilliant.

Lisa Marie Presley

Elvis Presley’s daughter died on January 12,. She was 54.

Lisa Marie, also a singer, was rushed to hospital earlier on Thursday. Media reports say she had cardiac arrest.

image.jpeg

Lisa Marie Presley Dead at 54

Edited by fforest
  • Sad 6

20 hours ago, galenkia said:

Lisa was the same age as I am, and also the same age as my mum when she died.

Makes you think, you best make the most of your life as you get older as you may well be living on borrowed time.

I am growing more conscious of that the closer I get to the age my dad died. Only 62, he died getting ready to return to work after knee replacement surgery. Killed by a blood clot, probably from the operation that blocked the artery in his lungs. He worked hard his entire life and never got to enjoy a retirement. 

• Sad 8

7 hours ago, forqalso said:

I am growing more conscious of that the closer I get to the age my dad died. Only 62, he died getting ready to return to work after knee replacement surgery. Killed by a blood clot, probably from the operation that blocked the artery in his lungs. He worked hard his entire life and never got to enjoy a retirement. 

My mum had a brain hemorrhage that put her in a coma that she never came out of and died a few days later.

My dad died from smoking induced lung cancer.

Looking back at my life of drug and alcohol addiction,I’m amazed I’m still alive now.

• Thumbs Up 6

1 hour ago, galenkia said:

My mum had a brain hemorrhage that put her in a coma that she never came out of and died a few days later.

Looking back at my life of drug and alcohol addiction,I’m amazed I’m still alive now.

As you said earlier mate enjoy it while you can!

My dad died at age 79 from MRSA,caught in the shithole of a hospital that I've mentioned in the NHS thread.

• Sad 3

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

Talk about amazing....10 years ago I turned 50....It was one of the happiest days of my life because I did not need to do any more visa runs......

And the past 10 years went by so fast it seems like it was only a few months ago I was 50..

Now I am 60....And I am thinking how the f**k did I get to be 60.....I thought only old people were in their 60s....Hey I think I am 25....I am not some old guy.....

Except for a lower sex drive and a body that just does not heal very fast like before , I am still 25......

I had a big party for my 50th & a bigger one for my 60th....now I'm 70 in August and both those events seem like yesterday.

I don't think I'll be having a party when(& if) I reach 70.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Sad 1

8 minutes ago, coxyhog said:

I had a big party for my 50th & a bigger one for my 60th....now I'm 70 in August and both those events seem like yesterday.

I don't think I'll be having a party when(& if) I reach 70.

As David Crosby says.....Getting old is nothing to celebrate... 

3 hours ago, galenkia said:

Just continue to breath.

• Like 1

On 1/12/2023 at 4:28 PM, Horizondave said:

Very sad news indeed.

RIP

Wow !

My brother caught that tour at the Chicago Auditorium.

I remember him telling me that following the show he and his buddy went to a near by after hours party. It was one of those typical brownstone type buildings with the long stair case out front.

My brother was standing out on the stairs with a bunch of other folks smoking weed. He turned to his side to pass the joint and it was Bowie. Must have been quite a shocker.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3