What are you drinking?

DumbDucker

2 minutes ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I spotted that in Big C this morning but didn't dare to look at the price ... Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow .. But for sure it isn't 540 Baht so will go on my list for my holiday.

Thanks

Make sure you go for the Double Barrel Matured.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, coxyhog said:

Make sure you go for the Double Barrel Matured.

Yes mate. That is exactly what I spotted this morning.

I have just taken 2 Barnsley lamb chops out of the freezer and I'll buy an "expensive" bottle tomorrow and shall party if twas Leeds in the Premier League next season !!!

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

Shit yeh...if I wanna splash out for a special occasion here I can have Jacobs Creek at around 18 quid a bottle !!!

Hence my "hobby" ..

I agree that any "taste" is a personal thing but I want to experiment whilst wine is "cheap"!!!

So lets make the price range less than a tenner ..

The normal Jacobs Creek here sits in the 6 to 8 bracket as well as Hardy's and Yellow Tail. All decent.

I tend to drink a lot of Shiraz and cabernet Sauvignon with the odd Merlot.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Derek Dangleberries said:

I spotted that in Big C this morning but didn't dare to look at the price ... Maybe I'll check it out tomorrow .. But for sure it isn't 540 Baht so will go on my list for my holiday.

Thanks

2 hours ago, coxyhog said:

Sainsbury's do a range of Oyster Bay wines from NZ that I like.Merlot is my favourite red & they also do some whites from the same company.I think they're about £9-10.

They've always got wines on offer as well.If you're here for a bank holiday look out for the 25% off 6 bottles or more offers,I think most of the big supermarkets have this at bank holidays & if it's already reduced then it's 25% off the already reduced price.

While you're in Sainsbury's this is slightly more expensive at £12 but it's really nice:

IMG_4079.JPG

I have never paid those sort of prices in a supermarket, but if you do buy a range of wines in the 6 to 8 and one of these, I advise you to drink this one last, because normally there is a big jump in richness of the flavour. Likelihood is the others will be a let down after. LOL

Drink a couple of the others and have this as a nightcap, bit like I used to do with port.

ummm now there's an idea for a Saturday night treat whilst visiting the youngest and her fella.

• Great Info 1

After enjoying the O'Hara's Nitro Irish Red and Stout from Siamburi's, I saw this one in Friendship and thought I'd give it a go. Not cheap at 145 Baht a can, and I found it a bit light and bland compared with the O'Hara's beers. Worth trying it, but I won't be going back for more. Glad I've still got four cans of the 75 Baht O'Hara's Nitro Irish Red in the fridge, lol.

IMG20230519192357.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

As I am still waiting for my ENT appointment (promised 2-3 weeks), still not heard after 4 weeks, I decided if I see a good beer on pump at my Neath Wetherspoon, I will have a pint. 

Well, just waiting for my wife to meet me here after work and I saw the Titanic was on.

IMG20230520141035.jpg

IMG20230520141533.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thumbs Up 1