Thai Translation

misteregg

This is a classic example of why online translation services don’t work.

This was sent to me by a girl. In my opinion it actually says “I want to be friends again. Pity”

88c4bb1192da14cbe7ab16b5f8893ec0.jpgBut the online translation is totally different and potentially disastrous.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

54 minutes ago, misteregg said:

This is a classic example of why online translation services don’t work.

This was sent to me by a girl. In my opinion it actually says “I want to be friends again. Pity”

88c4bb1192da14cbe7ab16b5f8893ec0.jpgBut the online translation is totally different and potentially disastrous.

I would ask her if a friendly blow job would be out of the question?

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

cuddle.  does myh head in.  google translates pattaya as cuddle too ffs

I’m pretty sure that “cuddle” in translations is something to do with the hash key # . If the algorithm doesn’t understand it just puts a # in and that then translates to “cuddle” which is the same as “press” in Thai.
Could be wrong.

Your translation looks like it came from Facebook.  These are notoriously, comically bad.  Interestingly, there is some connection between the Facebook Thai translation service and the website http://www.thai-language.com; the latter works quite well.

The Google Translate app in my phone got closer, in fact got it right the first time then "changed its mind" for some reason.  Settled on "Want to go back to another friend?"  Note that was the phone reading the text off my screen via the camera, so maybe it wasn't always "seeing" the text clearly..

You posted an image so I can't copy/paste it into any of the translation websites I use.  Not arsed to type the text in either.  :-)~

อยากกลับไปเป็นเพื่อนกันอีกครั้งเสียดาย

อยาก

กลับไป

เป็น

เพื่อน

กัน

อีกครั้ง

เสียดาย

and not a cuddle in sight.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

i am using a phone ap now instead of G translate, which is actually dangerously bad at thai.  the phone app is clever, for me anyway, you can talk into the phone and it translates what you say.  or type.  but no translate program incl google will get thai right 100%, double negatives for one, and tone markings for another make them unreliable

2 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i am using a phone ap now instead of G translate, which is actually dangerously bad at thai.  the phone app is clever, for me anyway, you can talk into the phone and it translates what you say.  or type.  but no translate program incl google will get thai right 100%, double negatives for one, and tone markings for another make them unreliable

What's the app called? 

Must be free if you're using it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rompho Ray said:

Hmmm...

image.png

555, yes, try a full report and make sense of it.  i am a pro translator from google to real english now, its like fuckin code

rom the inquiry, Ms. Sirikul knew that she was the housekeeper of that company. Before the incident had come in to clean normally After the new year, the company has closed for employees to stop for a long time. While sweeping and wiping Has 3 Rott dogs that the owner of the company has raised Ran out of the siege and acted bared When he saw the bad posture, he left the broom and ran away into the nook of the house. But appeared that he could not enter Therefore the dog leapt into the crowd to bite until the blood flooded 

• Haha 1

On 1/8/2020 at 7:47 AM, tommy dee said:

It did well recently translating BiB speaking to it in Thai and then the phone speaking to me  in English

"You were observed driving through a red  light." 😂

17 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

This is the site I used quite a bit.

http://www.thai-language.com/dict

That's what I use when I want to look up words and phrases. (and  entire paragraphs for that matter) That is one of the best and most accurate sites out there IMO. I like the audio feature of that site as well for accurate pronunciation. IMO Google Translate is the absolute worst and garbage for anything beyond the basics. I have tested GT many times with the temporary wife sitting right there and even she thinks it's comical. There are dozens of apps I have tried on my phone and they are just ok. I still use thai-language.com as my primary learning tool along with learning by listening and talking with Thais. 

Edited by Steelers4Life
  • Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Jambo said:

It did well recently translating BiB speaking to it in Thai and then the phone speaking to me  in English

"You were observed driving through a red  light." 😂 and making a donation to me for helping you correct the error of your ways

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, john luke said:

ตอนนี้ฝนตก ที่ พัทยา ค่ะ 10/1/2563

Have a go at this? 

Show translationตอนนี้ฝนตกที่พัทยา · ค่ะ
dton-née fŏn dtòk têe pát-tá-yaa · 
WORD BREAKDOWN
  • ตอนนี้dton-néenow ; right now ; at this moment
  • ฝนตกfŏn dtòkrain
  • ที่têeto ; at
    that ; which ; who
  • พัทยาpát-tá-yaaPattaya
  • ·
  • ค่ะ(particle used by female speakers at the end of sentences to make them more polite)