why is the world going nuts

grayray

67,000 people died in the winter 2016/ 2017 when France was hit by a bad flu.  Can't remember the country closing down or people hoarding toilet paper ....

"En 2017, un nouveau record est atteint avec 603 000 décès, avec un taux de mortalité de 929,7 pour 100 000 habitants, soit une augmentation de plus de 9 000 décès (1,5 %) par rapport à 2016, avec un taux de mortalité de 920,9 pour 100 000 habitants[7]. L’épidémie de grippe hivernale amorcée fin 2016 a entraîné un pic de décès exceptionnel en  : 67 000 décès en France métropolitaine[8]."

Normal mortality rate is 1676 persons per day.  Even if the Corona thing killed 20 per day that would just be an increase of 1,2 %

Another example of doing everything to add to the fear and panic....

Coronavirus: Taiwan deploys chemical warfare team at airport to disinfect 361 citizens repatriated from Wuhan

• Soldiers douse passengers and their luggage with disinfectant on their arrival at Taoyuan International Airport

i can see world travel coming to a virtual halt over this.  thailand now has removed the visa on arrival deal for numerous countries including india, where we know the virus has hit but most wont go to see a proper doctor anyway.   yes for most its a simple flu, burt for many it isnt, and the numbers are now massive.  italy figures today are huge.  got to be taken seriously now by all.  I employ staff here, and we runa small business on a limited budget.  customers, thats the advertisers, are pulling back due to lack of footfall.  to be honest i have no idea where this will all end up but right now its not fair to compare to normal seasonal flu.  if ti was, then the endemic announcemt wouldnt have happened.  its much worse than sars, mers, H1n1  and its people who ignore it or po po it that actually add to the problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

17 minutes ago, tommy dee said:

i can see world travel coming to a virtual halt over this.  thailand now has removed the visa on arrival deal for numerous countries including india, where we know the virus has hit but most wont go to see a proper doctor anyway.   yes for most its a simple flu, burt for many it isnt, and the numbers are now massive.  italy figures today are huge.  got to be taken seriously now by all.  I employ staff here, and we runa small business on a limited budget.  customers, thats the advertisers, are pulling back due to lack of footfall.  to be honest i have no idea where this will all end up but right now its not fair to compare to normal seasonal flu.  if ti was, then the endemic announcemt wouldnt have happened.  its much worse than sars, mers, H1n1  and its people who ignore it or po po it that actually add to the problem.

Mate, if the government and mainly the fecking media had toned this down instead of hyping it up, we would not be in that situation....

As simple as that. FFS, the end of the world has arrived !

"and its people who ignore it or po po it that actually add to the problem."

No , its those who hype it up who cause the chaos.

Governments and health professionals from all over the world, from totalitarian superpowers to European democracies think they know how best to hand this, but Spicy off of Thailand 24/7 says they're all to blame for the chaos from over hyping it, and they're the cause of the situation. 

Good enough for me 👍 

I'm away to bed, glad we've sorted it all out, I'll sleep better. 

What a place!

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Krapow said:

Governments and health professionals from all over the world, from totalitarian superpowers to European democracies think they know how best to hand this, but Spicy off of Thailand 24/7 says they're all to blame for the chaos from over hyping it, and they're the cause of the situation. 

Good enough for me 👍 

I'm away to bed, glad we've sorted it all out, I'll sleep better. 

What a place!

Hahaha.....

Spicy from Bali just finished breakfast, off for my morning swim, then a haircut, a beer, some marketing , etc....

Before the world stops spinning and we all fall because gravity has gone wrong !

Take it relax and with a smile mate !

You know ? The Bali surfer "zen" attitude ! 

16 minutes ago, fforest said:

A whole lot more fan shit hitting on the way folks

Yep, anything goes now.....

Cancel everything, return to the caves and hunt mammoeths !

In the name of prevention, everything goes now ..... That is called progress ?

No, the main reason is explained here under.

Screenshot_20200312-102835_Gallery_copy_600x1067.jpg

BTW,did anyone noticed the UK is excluded in Trumpeteers ban ?

Hahahahaha....and now tell me this is prevention, and not political 😁😁😁😁

Edited by Thai Spice

12 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Yep, anything goes now.....

Cancel everything, return to the caves and hunt mammoeths !

In the name of prevention, everything goes now ..... That is called progress ?

No, the main reason is explained here under.

Screenshot_20200312-102835_Gallery_copy_600x1067.jpg

BTW,did anyone noticed the UK is excluded in Trumpeteers ban ?

Hahahahaha....and now tell me this is prevention, and not political 😁😁😁😁

Trust me the powers that be are enjoying every minute of sending all the sheep into a panic in this Coronavirus event...

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, fforest said:

Trust me the powers that be are enjoying every minute of sending all the sheep into a panic in this Coronavirus event...

Sure, it has become pure madness.....

Meanwhile in Frogland, we're preparing for the next apéritif !

IMG-20200312-WA0013_copy_1024x831.jpg

😂😂😂😂

10 minutes ago, Thai Spice said:

Sure, it has become pure madness.....

Meanwhile in Frogland, we're preparing for the next apéritif !

IMG-20200312-WA0013_copy_1024x831.jpg

😂😂😂😂

It's the fuking arogant, selfish pricks who thinks it's only a cold or the flu that are helping spread the disease!

• Haha 1

44 minutes ago, fforest said:

Damm man.......We are only a few months into this and the shit is really hitting the fan....I am predicting this to last at least one year........A whole lot more fan shit hitting on the way folks...

Does fanning the shit help preserve toilet paper?

4 hours ago, Thai Spice said:

Mate, if the government and mainly the fecking media had toned this down instead of hyping it up, we would not be in that situation....

As simple as that. FFS, the end of the world has arrived !

"and its people who ignore it or po po it that actually add to the problem."

No , its those who hype it up who cause the chaos.

Dammed if they do, and dammed if they don't...

• Like 1

I'm booked to fly back to the UK at the start of Songkran for an important but routine hospital appointment. I'm not at all sure there will be any routine hospital appointments a month from now, and by the look of things Europe and the UK aren't going to be fun places to stay this spring and summer. I'm going to look at delaying my return until late August or even September, when I hope things may have quietened down.

5 minutes ago, Toy Boy said:

I'm booked to fly back to the UK at the start of Songkran for an important but routine hospital appointment. I'm not at all sure there will be any routine hospital appointments a month from now, and by the look of things Europe and the UK aren't going to be fun places to stay this spring and summer. I'm going to look at delaying my return until late August or even September, when I hope things may have quietened down.

I would avoid going to any hospital right now unless critical care is needed.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Painter said:

Dammed if they do, and dammed if they don't...

Problem is that looking at what they do, it would be better they did nothing, have a beer, and think again ....

30 minutes ago, forcebwithu said:

I would avoid going to any hospital right now unless critical care is needed.

Agreed. With all the madness going around, sneeze in the waiting room and they'll lock you up for 2 weeks....

With the National Guard "guarding" you ....🙄🙄🙄🙄

2 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Sneezing is NOT a symptom.

NED-1370-COVID19: Identifying the symptoms - 0

Hahaha...

I love the "sometimes".... means "we dont have a clue" .....

I remember years ago when the paranoia was HIV. If you had a shag without a condom, death was guaranteed..... I just continued my "free style" way, thinking "well, if they're right I should be dead in 6 months..."

25 y later, and having continued my livestyle I am still around and in good health.... So, honestly ...f**k all this BS ...

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Krapow said:

Telegraph article from Tuesday -

What if a pandemic is declared?

If the World Health Organisation (WHO) declares a pandemic, this will not affect your travel insurance. 

The ABI confirmed to Telegraph Travel that there were no pandemic clauses used by any of its members. “FCO advice or other restrictions outside of individuals’ control will be the trigger for cancellations,” a spokesperson said. 

lol I can absolutely tell you thats totally inaccurate. I immediately contacted my former employer Axa at senior level where I was and all coverage now declined on existing and new policies as per standard exclusion

1 hour ago, RR007 said:

lol I can absolutely tell you thats totally inaccurate. I immediately contacted my former employer Axa at senior level where I was and all coverage now declined on existing and new policies as per standard exclusion

Are you 100% sure..

I've relied on you in the past with your forecasts in the pound section and took several loans out to buy shares..

Only to go Bankrupt 😤🙈🤣🤣

• Haha 3