COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

On 4/5/2022 at 10:05 PM, Lemondropkid said:

Fair enough.

I've got no insight into the situation in LOS, but good news you and you family have been fine (aside from your illness in Nov 19)

Over here in the UK with Omnicron, it really has become almost everyone I know has had it. I wouldn't begin to know why there would be such as difference between 2 countries, and think it speculative to try to explain them.

I'm only mildly ill, just intriqued to know what it is!!

Why cant I get it?

I don't know why I cant get Covid...I did everything Dr Fauci said not to do...I broke every rule...

I am starting to feel left out and lonely...

I was afraid they were going to ban me from 7-11 and I cant live without 7-11 so that was the only place I wore a mask..

Edited by fforest

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

Well why don't you contact the researchers and tell them. As psychologists I'm sure they'd find your denial most interesting.

Also, as psychologists they probably don't have much involvement with the actual science of climate change although climate change denialists probably suffer from that same childhood trauma that afflicts the anti-vaxxer.

What happened? Did Professor Julius Sumner Miller scare the shit out of you when he asked "why is it so?".

The money spent on these useless research theories... much like the one you have quoted where the obvious answer any layman could see is that when children the person was scared of needles......been the same for years. 

Instead of giving good money for these so called "experts" to write a report stating the obvious...... the money should be put to more worthy and important things that need financing in the real word.....like better aged care facilities..... looking after homeless veterans who are on the streets...... in fact all homeless people...... towards health facilities..... better infrastructure...etc...etc.

Time these so called "experts" actually went out into the real world and got a real job instead of sucking on the tit of continual Govt handouts.

cheers

^^^

I recall a long time ago a university in the UK published research on whether tea tasted better if made with water immediately off the boil or water allowed to cool for a short while. 

The research was criticised for being a waste of funds. The university's response was that it was teaching the students the principles of research. 

• Like 1
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, Bazle said:

^^^

I recall a long time ago a university in the UK published research on whether tea tasted better if made with water immediately off the boil or water allowed to cool for a short while. 

The research was criticised for being a waste of funds. The university's response was that it was teaching the students the principles of research. 

Yep ..as I said...a waste of money with some of the grants given out under the pretence of "research"

cheers

1 hour ago, roobob said:

Yep ..as I said...a waste of money with some of the grants given out under the pretence of "research"

cheers

The roob.. embraces Year Zero.

The basic problem with "research" is that you don't know if it has any value until you do the "research".

Even the beneficial properties of ivermectin were discovered in a lab by people doing "research". 

• Thumbs Up 1

33 minutes ago, fygjam said:

The roob.. embraces Year Zero.

The basic problem with "research" is that you don't know if it has any value until you do the "research".

Even the beneficial properties of ivermectin were discovered in a lab by people doing "research". 

I would say it is quite easy to see beforehand if research has any value.... and the example about the making of tea and what you put up is a prime example of money being wasted where it could be put to better use.

But no problem..... I am sure that you are happy to see money spent on things like that than more important things at hand....like looking after veterans and the elderly for example.... but each to their own.

cheers

Edited by roobob

1 hour ago, roobob said:

I would say it is quite easy to see beforehand if research has any value.... and the example about the making of tea and what you put up is a prime example of money being wasted where it could be put to better use.

But no problem..... I am sure that you are happy to see money spent on things like that than more important things at hand....like looking after veterans and the elderly for example.... but each to their own.

cheers

Are you proud of your ignorance or just don't know how stupid you appear?

The data on which the "what makes an anti-vaxxer" study is based comes from a "whole of life" (from birth to 45 years old at this stage) medical, health and lifestyle study.

So far nearly 1000 reports have been produced from the data. The anti-vaxxer report is but one.

Each year the ATO sends me a letter detailing where my tax dollars are being spent. And the single biggest line item is health! 16% last year.

Now a smart person would see that if the the spending on public health was reduced then more could be spent on the elderly or veterans. The two groups you profess to have concern for.

If I had my way I'd charge any unvaccinated person presenting with a vaccine preventable disease the full cost of their treatment.

• Thumbs Up 1

42 minutes ago, fygjam said:

Are you proud of your ignorance or just don't know how stupid you appear?

The data on which the "what makes an anti-vaxxer" study is based comes from a "whole of life" (from birth to 45 years old at this stage) medical, health and lifestyle study.

So far nearly 1000 reports have been produced from the data. The anti-vaxxer report is but one.

Each year the ATO sends me a letter detailing where my tax dollars are being spent. And the single biggest line item is health! 16% last year.

Now a smart person would see that if the the spending on public health was reduced then more could be spent on the elderly or veterans. The two groups you profess to have concern for.

If I had my way I'd charge any unvaccinated person presenting with a vaccine preventable disease the full cost of their treatment.

Again you bring things up that I never said. I did not say reduce public health spending.

I said money spent on ridiculous research grants like the one you mentioned should not occur and those funds allocated elsewhere and gave two examples of where the money could be better utilised/spent...... but as said before...if you do not think those areas are important then each to their own.

Really ...your own personal letter telling you where your tax dollars went......I will have to get onto the ATO asking where mine is....555

cheers

Edited by roobob

19 minutes ago, roobob said:

Again you bring things up that I never said. I did not say reduce public health spending.

I said money spent on ridiculous research grants like the one you mentioned should not occur and those funds allocated elsewhere and gave two examples of where the money could be better utilised/spent...... but as said before...if you do not think those areas are important then each to their own.

Really ...your own personal letter telling you where your tax dollars went......I will have to get onto the ATO asking where mine is....555

cheers

No, I said a "smart person" would see the benefits of reducing public health spending. Clearly you are not a "smart person". And by "reducing" I don't mean "cutting".

But seeing as it appears to be your main point.

How much was spent on the "ridiculous research grant"?

Come on, tell us.

And do you really think they ran a 50 year to date study just so they could identify anti-vaxxers as scaredy-cats?

I assume the ATO only sends the information to people who actually pay tax.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, fygjam said:

No, I said a "smart person" would see the benefits of reducing public health spending. Clearly you are not a "smart person". And by "reducing" I don't mean "cutting".

But seeing as it appears to be your main point.

How much was spent on the "ridiculous research grant"?

Come on, tell us.

And do you really think they ran a 50 year to date study just so they could identify anti-vaxxers as scaredy-cats?

I assume the ATO only sends the information to people who actually pay tax.

lol...the deflection again... this time with the old " word smithing" line.....lol

Actually I pay tax..... Federal and State and Local tax in 2 States and 1 Territory.

I will have to look into this personal letter you claim is sent to every taxpayer that explain where their personal tax dollar was spent.

cheers 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

China and their ridiculous Zero Covid Policy, especially for Omicron.

The mental lockdown in Shanghai has people not allowed out even to get food, food deliveries can't keep up, people running out of food and starving that will probably cause them more damage than fucking Omicron. 

If you test positive you're not allowed to isolate at home, you have to go to mandatory quarantine facilities, symptoms or not. 

Children getting removed from their parents if they test positive.

What is it with Asians and not wanting to lose face over everything, not wanting to say actually we'll change our approach as the virus has also changed to be much less severe! 

At some stage they'll have to change, covid isn't going anywhere, they can't keep doing these mental lockdowns, even many in the Chinese population are questioning the approach now, and counties like NZ changed the Zero Covid approach. 

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, Krapow said:

China and their ridiculous Zero Covid Policy, especially for Omicron.

The mental lockdown in Shanghai has people not allowed out even to get food, food deliveries can't keep up, people running out of food and starving that will probably cause them more damage than fucking Omicron. 

If you test positive you're not allowed to isolate at home, you have to go to mandatory quarantine facilities, symptoms or not. 

Children getting removed from their parents if they test positive.

What is it with Asians and not wanting to lose face over everything, not wanting to say actually we'll change our approach as the virus has also changed to be much less severe! 

At some stage they'll have to change, covid isn't going anywhere, they can't keep doing these mental lockdowns, even many in the Chinese population are questioning the approach now, and counties like NZ changed the Zero Covid approach. 

Yup

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-china-60994022

18 minutes ago, roobob said:

lol...the deflection again... this time with the old " word smithing" line.....lol

Actually I pay tax..... Federal and State and Local tax in 2 States and 1 Territory.

I will have to look into this personal letter you claim is sent to every taxpayer that explain where their personal tax dollar was spent.

cheers 

So you can't tell us how much was spent on the "ridiculous research grant". So your complaint is baseless!

If you learnt to use a search engine properly you might find

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Your-tax-return/Check-the-progress-of-your-tax-return/Tax-receipt/?=redirected_taxreceipt

6 minutes ago, fygjam said:

So you can't tell us how much was spent on the "ridiculous research grant". So your complaint is baseless!

https://www.ato.gov.au/Individuals/Your-tax-return/Check-the-progress-of-your-tax-return/Tax-receipt/?=redirected_taxreceipt

If the research grant was $1...10...1000...1million...... it was all to much and should have not been allocated to ridiculous things like that...the money is better used spent elsewhere it is needed.

Ahhh..... a Tax receipt....why did you not say so first up..... so not a personal letter...lol.

cheers

3 minutes ago, roobob said:

If the research grant was $1...10...1000...1million...... it was all to much and should have not been allocated to ridiculous things like that...the money is better used spent elsewhere it is needed.

Ahhh..... a Tax receipt....why did you not say so first up..... so not a personal letter...lol.

cheers

Not if.

How much for the research? Please tell us.

It might be called a tax receipt, it is addressed to me personally. Word smith away...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Nightcrawler said:

Gentlemen

Whilst I am sure that the Australian Tax system and government research spending is fascinating. The topic seems to be moving away from Covid. 

It's a sub-topic. Vaccination and those against it as it relates to Covid. However some prefer to try and move the subject instead of accepting scientific research or offering a creditable rebuttal.

1 hour ago, Nightcrawler said:

Gentlemen

Whilst I am sure that the Australian Tax system and government research spending is fascinating. The topic seems to be moving away from Covid. 

I would say that tax systems tie in with covid ....be it the Aussie...Brit...US....Canadian...NZ....etc systems as Govts will have to raise revenue from all the handouts they have given which includes research...... and the majority of that revenus will come from the general public.

cheers

https://news.sky.com/story/spain-tells-unvaccinated-british-tourists-they-are-not-welcome-after-rapid-u-turn-12584436

Spain tells unvaccinated British tourists they are not welcome after rapid U-turn
Just a day earlier, the country had announced it would welcome all UK holidaymakers with immediate effect, with those unvaccinated against COVID-19 able to enter with a negative pre-departure test.

Thursday 7 April 2022 15:17, UK

Spain has reversed its decision to welcome unvaccinated British travellers

The Spanish tourist board in London has reversed its decision to open up the country to unvaccinated British travellers.

On Wednesday, the board had announced that Spain would welcome all UK holidaymakers with immediate effect, with those unvaccinated against COVID-19 allowed to enter with a negative pre-departure test.

But the decision was reversed in a matter of hours - with the board's deputy director saying the announcement was a "miscommunication" caused by a "misinterpretation of the rules" laid out in a Spanish health department bulletin.

UK passengers aged 12 and above are still required to show proof of being fully jabbed or a certificate of recovery from COVID, dated no more than 180 days previously.

The only exception applies to those aged 12 to 17, who are able to enter Spain unvaccinated provided they have proof of a negative, approved PCR test taken within 72 hours of arrival.

For jabbed travellers, the tourist office said: "If more than 270 days have passed since the final dose, certification of a booster vaccination is also required, except for teenagers aged 12 to 17 inclusive."

• Surprised 1

On 4/7/2022 at 10:52 AM, fygjam said:

@fygjam I think you're probably better off having a conversation with a Soi dog, you'll get more sense and arguably a better answer.

No matter how much solid evidence you present, how many facts, even if you copy and paste the answer so people can see it, they'll still try to deflect away from the facts presented. Same kind of interpretation of 99.9% of Antivaxxers.

As for research, another point is that some research can and often does lead to and crosses over to current research within the same fields and becomes beneficial.

I can't see a bunch of Professors sitting around deciding that a research plan is pointless either. What might seem a waste to us will have value to someone else, but perhaps not on the face value we see it as being.

Regardless of the subject matter of it, it presents facts and trends and as @Bazle said, can also be used for teaching the value of research itself, but sadly @fygjam your point will be ignored.

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Butch said:

@fygjam I think you're probably better off having a conversation with a Soi dog, you'll get more sense and arguably a better answer.

No matter how much solid evidence you present, how many facts, even if you copy and paste the answer so people can see it, they'll still try to deflect away from the facts presented. Same kind of interpretation of 99.9% of Antivaxxers.

As for research, another point is that some research can and often does lead to and crosses over to current research within the same fields and becomes beneficial.

I can't see a bunch of Professors sitting around deciding that a research plan is pointless either. What might seem a waste to us will have value to someone else, but perhaps not on the face value we see it as being.

Regardless of the subject matter of it, it presents facts and trends and as @Bazle said, can also be used for teaching the value of research itself, but sadly @fygjam your point will be ignored.

You're right.

I've said it before and I'll say it again.

Evidence based rational explanations are no counter for irrational beliefs!

And I did have a chuckle over the claim

I would say it is quite easy to see beforehand if research has any value

I wonder if it occurred to those doing some of the original research on mRNA back in the 70s that their work would be required to combat a pandemic 50 years later.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, fygjam said:

troll.jpg

Its funny that critical thinkers...Anti-vaxer, and conspiracy theorists .... see non thinkers,sheep, just like the above picture..

You guys are lucky to have me and Roo-bob around to help part the clouds and let some reality in....

Edited by fforest
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 5