COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, fforest said:

Its funny that critical thinkers...Anti-vaxer, and conspiracy theorists .... see non thinkers,sheep, just like the above picture..

You guys are lucky to have me and Roo-bob around to help part the clouds and let some reality in....

Hit the nail on the head mate..... I reckon they were all spoon fed as children...and now follow along like you say...never had an original idea/opinion of their own and just bleat on about what they being spoon fed....... 555.....sheep indeed....555

Hang on...I might jump on the research money train wagon and apply for a grant of why they do that...🤣🤣🤣

cheers

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If you don't believe in the validity of scientific research then pass this post by.

(No need to froth and gesticulate like stuck monkeys.)

. . .

Infected immune cells and severe COVID
Two studies have found that immune cells infected with SARS-CoV-2 can trigger a massive inflammatory response that could cause severe COVID-19.

In a Nature paper, researchers looked at blood samples from people with COVID-19 and found evidence that the virus might activate inflammasomes, large molecules that trigger a cascade of inflammatory responses that ends in cell death.

In a preprint study, which has not yet been peer-reviewed, researchers gave mice COVID drugs that blocked inflammasomes. The drugs “rescued the mice so they were not as sick”, says immunologist and co-author Esen Sefik.

More research is needed to work out how important infected immune cells are at driving severe COVID-19 compared with other possible mechanisms.

. . .

What triggers severe COVID? Infected immune cells hold clues
Studies have revealed that infected immune cells prompt a massive inflammatory response.

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-022-00965-z?utm_source=Nature+Briefing&utm_campaign=074d4eca14-briefing-dy-20220406&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_c9dfd39373-074d4eca14-47091900

... Since the early days of the pandemic, research has suggested that inflammation leads to significant respiratory distress and other organ damage, hallmarks of severe COVID-19. But scientists have struggled to pinpoint what triggers the inflammation.

The latest studies implicate two types of white blood cells — macrophages in the lungs, and monocytes in the blood — which, once infected with the virus, trigger the inflammation. The studies also provide conclusive evidence that the virus can infect and replicate in immune cells — and reveal how it enters those cells. Evidence of such infections has been mixed until now.

The studies offer a plausible explanation for how severe COVID-19 progresses, says Malik Peiris, a virologist at the University of Hong Kong. “I don’t think it is the only or most important pathway, but it is certainly interesting.”

Still, infected immune cells could offer a potential target for drug development, says Jian Zheng, an immunologist at the University of Iowa in Iowa City...

. . .

Inflammasome activation in infected macrophages drives COVID-19 pathology
https://www.biorxiv.org/content/10.1101/2021.09.27.461948v2

... A role for inflammasome driven hyperinflammation in COVID-19 pathophysiology in patients is now recognized. Targeting inflammasome pathways in patients may provide alternative therapeutic options for resolving chronicity in COVID-19. However, the increased virus production seen upon inflammasome blockade could pose a significant risk to the benefit of wholesale inhibition of the pathway. The findings from our study and its implications provide alternative therapeutic avenues to be explored in the clinic and may guide novel therapeutic developments and prompt clinical trials to investigate combinatorial therapies that target viral RNA, inflammasome activation or its products and sustained IFN response.

Edited by lazarus
  • Haha 1

Was always going to come to this, China just won't ever admit that might just be taking the wrong approach now with the Zero Covid lockdown nonsense.

It's Omicron, record infections, with very, very few serious cases.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-china-61117528

Video has emerged of clashes between police and people being forced out of their homes in Shanghai, as the city enters a third week of Covid lockdown.

Some residential compounds are being turned into quarantine centres.

Millions are confined to their homes as Shanghai battles a fresh outbreak of the virus. Anyone who tests positive is placed in quarantine.

But with more than 20,000 new cases a day, authorities are struggling to find enough space.

The city in recent weeks has converted exhibition halls and schools into quarantine centres, and set up makeshift hospitals.

The low numbers of serious cases in Shanghai have led some to ask whether a lockdown is necessary, correspondents say.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/world-asia-china-61102809

As millions of people continue to stay at home under strict lockdown in Shanghai, videos appearing to show their desperation and frustration have surfaced and gone viral.

Usually such clips would not get past China's censors, known as the 'Great Firewall'.

But the sheer volume of the clips has made it difficult for censors to keep up. Many are also being passed around in private group chats, which has made them harder to catch.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Surprised 1

What is going on here?......Is this this web site now blocking ebbeding Twitter links or is Twitter now blocking Twitter links from being embedded?

This is like the 3rd 4th time I cant get this to work.....Before about a month or two ago Twitter links always worked here....

Edited by fforest

26 minutes ago, fforest said:

What is going on here?......Is this this web site now blocking ebbeding Twitter links or is Twitter now blocking Twitter links from being embedded?

This is like the 3rd 4th time I cant get this to work.....Before about a month or two ago Twitter links always worked here....

You think it's a conspiracy? 

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, fforest said:

You appear to have worked out how to embed the Twitter post. Were you perhaps trying to paste the iframe code into the message before switching to source mode?

Edited to add: I suppose if one were high on drugs the noise being passed off as music in the video clip would be enjoyable, but any other time, ice picks in my ears would be more pleasurable than listening to that crap. 😱

Another edit: Remembered you can also paste the URL into a post and the forum software will take care of the embedding work, but you have to wait a few seconds for the software to work its magic before clicking on submit.

Edited by forcebwithu
  • Great Info 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

No one gives a rats azz if you wear a mask in Pattaya anymore except at the bank and 7-11....Even Family mart does not care much, but holy hell try walking into a 7-11 without a mask....I have tried a few times and they were screaming at me .....I just ignored them.....Then they refused to ring me up....So I put the mask over my mouth....But then there was more screaming about the mask not covering my nose...lol........I think those 7-11 workers need a attitude adjustment....

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, fforest said:

No one gives a rats azz if you wear a mask in Pattaya anymore except at the bank and 7-11....Even Family mart does not care much, but holy hell try walking into a 7-11 without a mask....I have tried a few times and they were screaming at me .....I just ignored them.....Then they refused to ring me up....So I put the mask over my mouth....But then there was more screaming about the mask not covering my nose...lol........I think those 7-11 workers need a attitude adjustment....

Probably just think you're another farang d*ck with a home made mask...

of course we know better. 

ur,mask_flatlay_front,product,600x600.jpg

Edited by lazarus
  • Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, fforest said:

douche bag

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, fforest said:

Something worth remembering...

pick-your-battles.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

8 hours ago, roobob said:

Fauci is nothing but an embarrassment and actually thinks he is above the law of the land.

Sooner this bloke is removed...charged and given new accommodation in a small cell the better it will be.

cheers

Fauci crushed for saying it's 'disturbing' that a U.S. court can overrule the CDC (msn.com)

If this little wanna be dictator had his way, we would be masked up for the next 10 years. Rand Paul already proved what a lying little bastard this clown is and for him to singularly wield the power and influence that he has, is not good. Paul is looking at eliminating Fauci's job in the next Congressional session and have it replaced with a 3 person panel, in order to make any CDC rulings with respect to epidemiology, not to be at the behest of a single individual.

As we can see from Fauci's example, the ego even at his advanced age, can cause one to think he is beyond his station in the government bureaucracy by being a one man judge and jury.

Let's hope Paul's legislation is successful.

• Like 1

On 4/21/2022 at 10:41 AM, fforest said:

.I just ignored them.....Then they refused to ring me up....So I put the mask over my mouth....But then there was more screaming about the mask not covering my nose...lol........I think those 7-11 workers need a attitude adjustment....

On 4/21/2022 at 12:06 PM, Glasseye said:

douche bag

He really is. I doubt this above incident ever happened, as he is a slight man and quite frail for his age.. Not unlike Roobob and to a certain degree guys like Smooth. Just looking for attention. ANY attention. Very sad.

• Great Info 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, roobob said:

Fauci is nothing but an embarrassment and actually thinks he is above the law of the land.

Sooner this bloke is removed...charged and given new accommodation in a small cell the better it will be.

cheers

Fauci crushed for saying it's 'disturbing' that a U.S. court can overrule the CDC (msn.com)

Charged and convicted of what? 

Dr. Fauci is considered the preeminent research epidemiologist by medical professionals and academics across the world.

His most prominent detractors are nothing more than attention-seeking political hacks opportunists.

The folks who parrot these diatribes are nothing, nada, zilch.

. . .

Long Before COVID-19, Dr. Anthony Fauci 'Changed Medicine In America Forever'

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/16/834873162/long-before-covid-19-dr-tony-fauci-changed-medicine-in-america-forever

Anthony S. Fauci Honored with the AAI Exceptional Leadership in Science Award

https://www.aai.org/About/Exceptional-Leadership-in-Science-Award

The Great Americans Medal - Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.
Physician-Scientist and Public Health Official - March 2, 2021

https://greatamericans.si.edu/recipients/anthony-s-fauci-md/

...Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 32nd most-cited living researcher. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 9th out of 2.5 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2021. During the same period, he ranked 20th out of 2.4 million authors in the field of research & experimental medicine, and 132th out of 992,000 authors in the field of general and internal medicine.

Dr. Fauci is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the National Medal of Science, and the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, among other professional societies. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

46 minutes ago, Kathmandu said:

He really is. I doubt this above incident ever happened, as he is a slight man and quite frail for his age.. Not unlike Roobob and to a certain degree guys like Smooth. Just looking for attention. ANY attention. Very sad.

Sir thank you for your compliments....But the beer bar girls don't call me sexy man for nothing...

Who cares what you believe...Try walking into a Family Mart and a 7-11 without a mask....I can assure you, you will get 2 very different responses...

Most of the time I do wear a mask in 7-11 because I don't like conflict...But I have tested them at 7-11 a few times, to see if 7-11 still has a hard line mask policy and yea I was being a bit of a jerk....But so what....

• Haha 1
  • Surprised 1

Just now, fforest said:

Sir thank you for your compliments....But the beer bar girls don't call me sexy man for nothing...

Nope. Usually costs at least 1,000 baht or you go from humsan man to cheap charlie very quickly.

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Dr. Fauci is considered the preeminent research epidemiologist by medical professionals and academics across the world.

His most prominent detractors are nothing more than attention-seeking political hacks opportunists.

The folks who parrot these diatribes are nothing, nada, zilch.

. . .

Long Before COVID-19, Dr. Anthony Fauci 'Changed Medicine In America Forever'

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/04/16/834873162/long-before-covid-19-dr-tony-fauci-changed-medicine-in-america-forever

Anthony S. Fauci Honored with the AAI Exceptional Leadership in Science Award

https://www.aai.org/About/Exceptional-Leadership-in-Science-Award

The Great Americans Medal - Anthony S. Fauci, M.D.
Physician-Scientist and Public Health Official - March 2, 2021

https://greatamericans.si.edu/recipients/anthony-s-fauci-md/

...Dr. Fauci has made seminal contributions to the understanding of how HIV destroys the body's defenses leading to its susceptibility to deadly infections. Further, he has been instrumental in developing treatments that enable people with HIV to live long and active lives. He continues to devote much of his research to the immunopathogenic mechanisms of HIV infection and the scope of the body's immune responses to HIV.

In a 2020 analysis of Google Scholar citations, Dr. Fauci ranked as the 32nd most-cited living researcher. According to the Web of Science, Dr. Fauci ranked 9th out of 2.5 million authors in the field of immunology by total citation count between 1980 and January 2021. During the same period, he ranked 20th out of 2.4 million authors in the field of research & experimental medicine, and 132th out of 992,000 authors in the field of general and internal medicine.

Dr. Fauci is the recipient of numerous prestigious awards, including the Presidential Medal of Freedom, the National Medal of Science, and the George M. Kober Medal of the Association of American Physicians.

Dr. Fauci is a member of the National Academy of Sciences, the National Academy of Medicine, and the American Academy of Arts and Sciences, among other professional societies. He serves on the editorial boards of many scientific journals; as an editor of Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine; and as author, coauthor, or editor of more than 1,300 scientific publications, including several textbooks.

A little more revealing truth about the Good Doctor despite the accolades he's received from the usual "circle the wagon's" crowd. It's little wonder that so many Americans view this guy as past his sell by date and needs to be put out to pasture.

Fauci shocked by criticism after being consistently wrong and ...