COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

2 hours ago, Kathmandu said:

He really is. I doubt this above incident ever happened, as he is a slight man and quite frail for his age.. Not unlike Roobob and to a certain degree guys like Smooth. Just looking for attention. ANY attention. Very sad.

Before criticising people who are actually on the ground in Thailand.....maybe you should at least visit the place....even once....lol.

cheers

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Smooth said:

A little more revealing truth about the Good Doctor despite the accolades he's received from the usual "circle the wagon's" crowd. It's little wonder that so many Americans view this guy as past his sell by date and needs to be put out to pasture.

Fauci shocked by criticism after being consistently wrong and ...

Good Gawd! And yet another article written by a hack reporter from the Washington Examiner. Can we care to guess how the story ends?

Just now, fygjam said:

Good Gawd! And yet another article written by a hack reporter from the Washington Examiner. Can we care to guess how the story ends?

lol...pot..... kettle...black....from the google king...lol

cheers

• Haha 1

I visited the very busy Livingston shopping center yesterday wearing my mask without really giving it much thought. It has almost now become the equivalent of muscle memory.

It did not take me long to realise that I had become a member of a small mask wearing minority in the space of a week or so. Given the fact that the omicron variant is still common place in Scotland I find it somewhat surprising as a large crowded indoor shopping center has to be high risk.

Up to you as Thai girls would say.

I got into a conversation with a nurse at the entrance to the condo today.

She told me she was visiting several tenants who have difficulty getting to the local vaccination center to give them booster jags.

I mentioned I was not due another one before the end of June but she then asked me if I would like one now as she had a surplus of vaccination "kits" and if they were not used within six hours they had to be thrown away. I thought why not and within a short while I had booster number two and she updated my NHS record using her phone.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

UK is now recording 15000 new cases a day of Covid infections and  continues to recede. Quite a significant downward trend as we approach the summer months. We seem to have peaked a couple of months ago with death and hospital admissions down compared to the number of infections and the situation is so much improved since the first wave of Delta hit. Let's pray it continues and we reach herd immunity both by vaccinations and Omicron symptoms being less severe

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good to see.

A win for citizens who were refused entry to their country unless they "won" an entry lottery even when some on here kept saying that a citizen could not be refused entry to their own country. It did happen...NZ and Australia are examples of it being so.

cheers

Covid-19: Inevitable that MIQ lottery would 'operate unjustly', High Court rules (msn.com)

• Like 1

Geez...it's back here in San Francisco...just as many thought it would be.
I'll be masking up at the grocery store once again...my choice.

From a respected local doctor:

UCSF’s Wachter masking up again: Dr. Bob Wachter, UCSF chair of medicine and a prominent voice on pandemic issues, said Monday he is resuming rigorous masking as coronavirus cases spike in San Francisco. He said the city’s asymptomatic test positive rate, a reliable proxy for community prevalence given the downturn in citywide testing, shows cases are surging. About 1 in 30 San Franciscans may have COVID-19 without knowing it, he said. “If you’ve decided you’re OK getting COVID ... then fine to keep mask off in crowded indoor spaces,” he tweeted. “If you’d prefer to avoid COVID & have become less cautious, it’s time to re-think.” Wachter cited his concerns about long COVID and other virus-related risks (”heart/neuro/diabetes”). For masking: “I’ll now do 100% N95 in crowded indoor spaces.” People should keep their “eyes open” because “there’s a lot of COVID out there,” he warned.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/COVID-California-17142806.php

3 hours ago, lazarus said:

UCSF’s Wachter masking up again: Dr. Bob Wachter, UCSF chair of medicine and a prominent voice on pandemic issues, said Monday he is resuming rigorous masking as coronavirus cases spike in San Francisco. He said the city’s asymptomatic test positive rate, a reliable proxy for community prevalence given the downturn in citywide testing, shows cases are surging. About 1 in 30 San Franciscans may have COVID-19 without knowing it, he said. “If you’ve decided you’re OK getting COVID ... then fine to keep mask off in crowded indoor spaces,” he tweeted. “If you’d prefer to avoid COVID & have become less cautious, it’s time to re-think.” Wachter cited his concerns about long COVID and other virus-related risks (”heart/neuro/diabetes”). For masking: “I’ll now do 100% N95 in crowded indoor spaces.” People should keep their “eyes open” because “there’s a lot of COVID out there,” he warned.

Jesus Matt, this is worse then waking up to a bar girl who you thought had a nice smile, until you see her false teeth in her container sitting next to you!!   Luckily for me, that has never happened LOL! 

Not to drag everyone into ANOTHER debate about vaxxing, but wifey and I both had our 4th shots in the last 2 weeks right?  She Pfizer, me Moderna. She no problems, me for the first time ever, was the next day feeling "lightheaded" for about 24 hours after. I could not drive anywhere and would not have tried, I basically stayed in the house all day which I absolutely hate. Just to be sure I did NOT have a positive test, I took one at home here that we got from the Gov't and it came back negative luckily. 

Will keep an eye out on the web-site here locally as far as San Jose and Santa Clara County and see what the infection rates are the next few weeks. So far, no mandatory mask wearing in San Jose. Have 2 key concerts the next 2 Sundays that I obviously do not want to miss. Probably wear a mask tomorrow at the gym just to be safe. 

I don't know buddy, we both kind of agree, not so sure we want to do any more vaccinations going forward UNLESS there is just a catastrophic, variant etc in the next 6 months or so that is so prevalent, that we have to get another one you know? Neither of us have any pre-existing conditions, feel like we both have relatively strong immune systems etc. 

Hearing that Moderna and others are coming up with another, super duper Covid/Variant/ Flu shot all in one that they might be suggesting people take this fall. Not so sure at this point. 

I got more Vaccine drugs in me then illegals that are coming into this country?  Kamala!!!!!!!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Yessongs said:

Jesus Matt, this is worse then waking up to a bar girl who you thought had a nice smile, until you see her false teeth in her container sitting next to you!!   Luckily for me, that has never happened LOL! 

Not to drag everyone into ANOTHER debate about vaxxing, but wifey and I both had our 4th shots in the last 2 weeks right?  She Pfizer, me Moderna. She no problems, me for the first time ever, was the next day feeling "lightheaded" for about 24 hours after. I could not drive anywhere and would not have tried, I basically stayed in the house all day which I absolutely hate. Just to be sure I did NOT have a positive test, I took one at home here that we got from the Gov't and it came back negative luckily. 

Will keep an eye out on the web-site here locally as far as San Jose and Santa Clara County and see what the infection rates are the next few weeks. So far, no mandatory mask wearing in San Jose. Have 2 key concerts the next 2 Sundays that I obviously do not want to miss. Probably wear a mask tomorrow at the gym just to be safe. 

I don't know buddy, we both kind of agree, not so sure we want to do any more vaccinations going forward UNLESS there is just a catastrophic, variant etc in the next 6 months or so that is so prevalent, that we have to get another one you know? Neither of us have any pre-existing conditions, feel like we both have relatively strong immune systems etc. 

Hearing that Moderna and others are coming up with another, super duper Covid/Variant/ Flu shot all in one that they might be suggesting people take this fall. Not so sure at this point. 

I got more Vaccine drugs in me then illegals that are coming into this country?  Kamala!!!!!!!

I posted this somewhere in here recently, but why not again ? Fitting for this post I think.    55555 !

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Covid-19: Inevitable that MIQ lottery would 'operate unjustly', High Court rules (msn.com)

No one was refused entry. people testing positive were held in MIQ then allowed in. The court case is about the govt being unfair in their application of entry, the system restricted entry, it didn't refuse entry.

Restricting entry numbers is different to refusing entry. So different in fact, that letting one person at a time through a door is restricting entry, closing the door and allowing no one through is refusing entry.

They're arguing about the entry system and MIQ being unfair, not whether entry was refused or not LOL.

Very basic level of understanding only needed, sadly a very basic level of understanding still not achieved by "some on here".🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Butch
  • Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Yessongs said:

Never had a BG with false teeth but there could some advantages to it... :default_biggrin:

For the time being, I'll mask up again while grocery shopping at Trader Joe's, as it's a small store. The other store I mainly shop at...Costco...is nice and airy. Not too worried about it.

There's been a lot of kids catching Covid at my kid's school. She's stayed home with colds a few times recently (tests were all negative). School's out soon and then everything is outdoors (i.e, summer camps, soccer) .

I'll get the 2nd booster soon...just need to get around to it...better to be safe than to end up with long Covid. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, lazarus said:

Good fu**ing Gawd! When are you EVER going to just understand this bs will ALWAYS be with us without ever going away? So now the Bay Area, a nine county area that is home to nearly 8 million people, now has a couple counties that have reported 138 cases, not hospitalizations, but cases, out of every 100,000 people, positive for Covid. This, despite pretty much everyone eligible to being vaccinated, having been vaxxed. Think about that. If even 1% had positive cases, we would be talking 1,000 out of every 100,000 people. But no, instead what we have here, is a percentage that equates to just over 1/10th of 1% of 100,000 people.

Or, to put it another way, nearly 99.9% of the residents of the Bay Area are perfectly fine.

And this is the foundation for yet more wide spread panic among the populace, and the alleged healthcare professionals who, in way too many instances, are little Fauci's on a local scale, all crying out in unison that we all need to mask up in every public place we dare venture inside.

Cases "spiked", we are told according to the writer of this story. Spiked? Really? Is there a huge uptick of cases? Of hospitalizations? Of deaths? Well, the story claims that the Bay Area currently has 330 people in hospitals for Covid out of that population of nearly 8 million people as I noted earlier. And for the state overall, the story notes that there are 1,093 people in the hospital for Covid out of a population of over 39 million. However, the most recent number of Covid hospitalizations, after the winter omicron surge, totaled 949.. So, a "spike" in hospitalizations out of a total state population of over 39 million people, in reality, is an increase of a measly 144 cases.

Which, according to anyone familiar with mathematics and statistics, equates to a statistical zero. But no one ever claimed the SF Chronicle was a voice of reason.

Live your goddam lives and quit going all knobby kneed with every hysterical headline involving Covid.

What isn't mentioned and which I would like to know, is how many of these hospitalizations are illegal aliens? As this is out of the SF Chronicle, I'll never expect that outfit to ever investigate that angle to the story, and if they knew it, they would never include that in any Covid story as that would ruin the narrative they wish to present to the people of California.

• Like 4

^ I'll take the advice of the head of medicine at one of the country's very best medical universities -- University of California San Francisco -- over a retired postal employee every day. Here in San Francisco we take 'personal responsibility' seriously. Protect our families, protect our neighbors...

I plan to wear a mask again at my local small grocery store. That's about the extent of how this affects my life.

. . .

Hey...who's the forum's drama queen? Why is he ranting?

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

. . .Which, according to anyone familiar with mathematics and statistics, equates to a statistical zero. But no one ever claimed the SF Chronicle was a voice of reason.

Live your goddam lives and quit going all knobby kneed with every hysterical headline involving Covid...

^ ^ ^

Edited by lazarus

2 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

Good fu**ing Gawd! When are you EVER going to just understand this bs will ALWAYS be with us without ever going away? So now the Bay Area, a nine county area that is home to nearly 8 million people, now has a couple counties that have reported 138 cases, not hospitalizations, but cases, out of every 100,000 people, positive for Covid. This, despite pretty much everyone eligible to being vaccinated, having been vaxxed. Think about that. If even 1% had positive cases, we would be talking 1,000 out of every 100,000 people. But no, instead what we have here, is a percentage that equates to just over 1/10th of 1% of 100,000 people.

Or, to put it another way, nearly 99.9% of the residents of the Bay Area are perfectly fine.

And this is the foundation for yet more wide spread panic among the populace, and the alleged healthcare professionals who, in way too many instances, are little Fauci's on a local scale, all crying out in unison that we all need to mask up in every public place we dare venture inside.

Cases "spiked", we are told according to the writer of this story. Spiked? Really? Is there a huge uptick of cases? Of hospitalizations? Of deaths? Well, the story claims that the Bay Area currently has 330 people in hospitals for Covid out of that population of nearly 8 million people as I noted earlier. And for the state overall, the story notes that there are 1,093 people in the hospital for Covid out of a population of over 39 million. However, the most recent number of Covid hospitalizations, after the winter omicron surge, totaled 949.. So, a "spike" in hospitalizations out of a total state population of over 39 million people, in reality, is an increase of a measly 144 cases.

Which, according to anyone familiar with mathematics and statistics, equates to a statistical zero. But no one ever claimed the SF Chronicle was a voice of reason.

Live your goddam lives and quit going all knobby kneed with every hysterical headline involving Covid.

What isn't mentioned and which I would like to know, is how many of these hospitalizations are illegal aliens? As this is out of the SF Chronicle, I'll never expect that outfit to ever investigate that angle to the story, and if they knew it, they would never include that in any Covid story as that would ruin the narrative they wish to present to the people of California.

Must be Grant time coming up for the UCSF again.

Another so called "expert" out trying to scare the general population ..... gotta love how they all use the old line of...this "may:...have.......may....happen. Here is what he said.....

About 1 in 30 San Franciscans may have COVID-19 without knowing it, he said

So in fact he does not know...he has no evidence of the fact.....just another scaremongering so called "expert" who loves to hear his own voice.

He also says....... “If you’ve decided you’re OK getting COVID ... then fine to keep mask off in crowded indoor spaces,” he tweeted.

So he is now implying that if you do not wear a mask at a crowded indoor venue...you will get covid......lol.....utter rubbish.

But here is his doozy...he said.....” People should keep their “eyes open” because “there’s a lot of COVID out there,” he warned.

Wow...here is a first...it seems Wachter is saying when out and about you can see the virus...lol...well that is a first....lol.

If you ever want to ring this Wachter character.....don't look under W...... look under Q....as in quack.

cheers

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Come on Slick. Ask the roob for his qualifications. Let's see if he got the goods to criticize the Chair of Medicine at UCSF.

Now...as AussieBob asked you, please give us a list of your educational achievements, letters, degrees or anything that you have received from the higher education establishment that can prove your bonafides as a learned man.

He asked you. Now, if you are a man of good standing you will do so post haste. If you do not, and respond to this and other posts with continued blather, which I suspect you will, then not only will you confirm to me, and those of us on the right in general, that you are a man NOT only of not good standing, but even more, not much of a learned man either.

20 minutes ago, roobob said:

Must be Grant time coming up for the UCSF again.

Another so called "expert" out trying to scare the general population ..... gotta love how they all use the old line of...this "may:...have.......may....happen. Here is what he said.....

About 1 in 30 San Franciscans may have COVID-19 without knowing it, he said

So in fact he does not know...he has no evidence of the fact.....just another scaremongering so called "expert" who loves to hear his own voice.

He also says....... “If you’ve decided you’re OK getting COVID ... then fine to keep mask off in crowded indoor spaces,” he tweeted.

So he is now implying that if you do not wear a mask at a crowded indoor venue...you will get covid......lol.....utter rubbish.

But here is his doozy...he said.....” People should keep their “eyes open” because “there’s a lot of COVID out there,” he warned.

Wow...here is a first...it seems Wachter is saying when out and about you can see the virus...lol...well that is a first....lol.

If you ever want to ring this Wachter character.....don't look under W...... look under Q....as in quack.

cheers

3 hours ago, Mr. Smooth said:

• Like 1