COVID 19 GLOBAL

grayray

1 hour ago, Lemondropkid said:

I'm not sure what it proves. Met another fella today who was a good 20 years older than me who'd had the same and was feeling even worse!!!

Had it for the first time last year, felt fine after, didn't have a cold/flu all winter.

Thought it was the silver bullet.

Got COVID jab number 4 or is 5 coming up week, I've lost count!!

Had my flu jab last week too, just a sore arm for a day, then all has been good.

Got my covid booster on Monday,  hopefully a similar outcome.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, roobob said:

The fallacy of covid is over....it was just another variant of the flu and has proven to be so.

But the stupidity of the ignorant lives on.

The human genome is closer to that of a chimp, in your case so close we can call you a chump, than the SARS-CoV-2 genome is to that of an influenza virus.

Corona virus genome, single stranded positive mRNA

SARS coronavirus 2: from genome to infectome | Respiratory Research | Full  Text

Influenza virus genome, segmented negative mRNA

1.: Virus particle and genome structure. (A) Schematic diagram of a spherical influenza A virus particle. The viral proteins are: PB, polymerase basic protein; PA, polymerase acidic protein; HA, hemagglutinin; NP, nucleoprotein; NA, neuraminidase; M, matrix protein; and NEP, nuclear export protein. (B) Genome segments of the influenza A/PR/8/34 strain. Boxes represent the encoded proteins and lines at the termini symbolize the non-coding regions. Introns of the spliced mRNAs of segments 7 and 8 are indicated by V-shapes. NS 1, nonstructural protein 1. Figure adapted from [19]. (C) Scheme of an influenza viral ribonucleoprotein (vRNP). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

1 hour ago, fygjam said:

But the stupidity of the ignorant lives on.

The human genome is closer to that of a chimp, in your case so close we can call you a chump, than the SARS-CoV-2 genome is to that of an influenza virus.

Corona virus genome, single stranded positive mRNA

SARS coronavirus 2: from genome to infectome | Respiratory Research | Full  Text

Influenza virus genome, segmented negative mRNA

1.: Virus particle and genome structure. (A) Schematic diagram of a spherical influenza A virus particle. The viral proteins are: PB, polymerase basic protein; PA, polymerase acidic protein; HA, hemagglutinin; NP, nucleoprotein; NA, neuraminidase; M, matrix protein; and NEP, nuclear export protein. (B) Genome segments of the influenza A/PR/8/34 strain. Boxes represent the encoded proteins and lines at the termini symbolize the non-coding regions. Introns of the spliced mRNAs of segments 7 and 8 are indicated by V-shapes. NS 1, nonstructural protein 1. Figure adapted from [19]. (C) Scheme of an influenza viral ribonucleoprotein (vRNP). 

download.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Haha 2

Individuals and health care providers should also be aware that this analysis found: 
• Males over the age of 60 had a 10% increased risk of cardiac-related death within 28 days of mRNA vaccination. 
• Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks among any population.

1 hour ago, Bazle said:

Individuals and health care providers should also be aware that this analysis found: 
• Males over the age of 60 had a 10% increased risk of cardiac-related death within 28 days of mRNA vaccination. 
• Non-mRNA vaccines were not found to have these increased risks among any population.

No increase in death for the non-vaxed..

9 minutes ago, fforest said:

No increase in death for the non-vaxed..

If you actually bothered to read the study (assuming you can read) you would have found

Risk for both all-cause and cardiac-related deaths was substantially higher 28 days following COVID-19 infection.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Over one million Americans have already died from Covid. ☠️

. . .

More than 40% of Americans lied about infection, survey finds

More than four in 10 Americans surveyed report that they misled others about whether they had COVID-19 in order to “feel normal” and avoid restrictions, according to a nationwide study that appears in the Oct. 10 issue of JAMA Network Open. (See study below.) Many respondents were reluctant to accurately report their health status so they could avoid masking, social distancing, or quarantining, according to the study. “COVID-19 safety measures can certainly be burdensome, but they work,” Dr. Andrea Gurmankin Levy, a professor of social sciences at Middlesex Community College in Connecticut and co-lead author of the study, said in a statement.

In the survey, conducted in December 2021, more than 1,700 people from across the country were asked to reveal whether they had ever misrepresented their COVID-19 status, or vaccination status, or told others that they were following public health measures when they actually weren’t. About 42% of the participants reported misrepresentation or nonadherence to COVID safety measures. The researchers found no association between COVID-19 misrepresentation and political beliefs, political party affiliation, or religion. “When people are dishonest about their COVID-19 status or what precautions they are taking, it can increase the spread of disease in their community,” Levy said. “For some people, particularly before we had COVID vaccines, that can mean death.”

https://www.sfchronicle.com/health/article/COVID-in-California-live-updates-17502192.php

. . .

Misrepresentation and Nonadherence Regarding COVID-19 Public Health Measures

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamanetworkopen/fullarticle/2797071

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, fforest said:

Just file covid with the silly moon landings and 911 story and forget about it....

Then do tell what caused the excess deaths during the pandemic timeframe? While you're at explain to the families of the 2,977 victims that died on 9/11 it's just a "story" and they should just forget about it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, forcebwithu said:

Then do tell what caused the excess deaths during the pandemic timeframe? While you're at explain to the families of the 2,977 victims that died on 9/11 it's just a "story" and they should just forget about it.

That many people died during 911 is indisputable....It's what caused the only buildings in the history of the world (except for a controlled demolition) to collapse in its own footprint, that its a big problem with the story..

And the covid story has so many holes in it that it would take many pages to go over it point by point....But I will just name my favorite...That hospitals WORLDWIDE...I repeat worldwide...Were paid XXXX amount of dollars for every covid diagnosis... And were paid even more for every death.....Come on,what hospital would not want to take advantage of this bonanza...

Sure something might have been kicking around making people sick, but the other 1,000 possible diseases were all but ignored for 2 solid years....I could go on,but I wont....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

Sure something might have been kicking around making people sick, but the other 1,000 possible diseases were all but ignored for 2 solid years....I could go on,but I wont....

Thank you  

Edited by bob lt
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

According to the CDC, in America, the average number of comorbidities a person had been diagnosed with who died of Covid, was 2.8. That was for people 65 years old and up, who made up 75% of the deaths attributed to Covid. 

So, with this group of people is such a bad way, they were goners eventually. Their bodies too weak to fight Covid in such a state. But what I found so curious, is that, at least when the media was concerned, what happened to all the people who would have ordinarily died due to heart disease? Or some other ailment that all of a sudden, never got any play. Each day it was Covid...Covid...Covid. Nobody seemed to die from any other cause except Covid! There were death counts on a couple of cable news channels and fforest was right about hospitals being compensated quite handsomely for every death they determined was due to Covid. Why those numbers weren't scrutinized more is beyond me. When the government is paying you according to how many deaths are determined to be the cause, then people get greedy. Even hospital administrators.

So you had stories of people dying in accidents but when brought to the hospital, they would be tested, and come up positive for Covid whether they may have had any symptoms at all, but their death would be put down as due to Covid. At best, for 100s of thousands, maybe millions around the world, Covid might have been a contributor but not the chief reason.

Ah well, lots of gargle under the bridge now.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, fforest said:

That many people died during 911 is indisputable....It's what caused the only buildings in the history of the world (except for a controlled demolition) to collapse in its own footprint, that its a big problem with the story..

And the covid story has so many holes in it that it would take many pages to go over it point by point....But I will just name my favorite...That hospitals WORLDWIDE...I repeat worldwide...Were paid XXXX amount of dollars for every covid diagnosis... And were paid even more for every death.....Come on,what hospital would not want to take advantage of this bonanza...

image.png

Long Covid?  How can it be..?

There's a lot that still is not known.

. . .

A mild COVID infection changed my life. Why aren't we warning others?

https://www.sfchronicle.com/opinion/openforum/article/mild-infection-long-covid-17523630.php

...Earlier this year, the CDC released a study indicating that 1 in 5 people with COVID may develop long COVID. It is now understood to be the most common serious outcome from an infection and can leave patients with an array of debilitating symptoms for months to years. The CDC’s findings were corroborated by the U.S. Census Bureau, which found 20 million Americans are living with symptoms lasting three or more months after infection that they didn’t have prior, and according to data released by the CDC this month, 81%  of people with long COVID report difficulty with doing daily activities. Separate studies from the Federal Reserve and the United Kingdom Office for National Statistics further substantiate these findings, and most recently, the Brookings Institution estimated that up to 4 million Americans are out of the workforce due to the condition.

The problem is so grave that last year the National Institutes of Health dedicated $1 billion for research into the condition, and in August the White House announced the creation of a new national office for long COVID. Yet, according to a 2022 YouGov poll, 67% of American adults surveyed knew little to nothing about the condition. And despite physicians pleading for a federal health warning about long COVID, it is still nowhere to be found in our pandemic messaging...

...Yet the most recent conservative estimates of long COVID prevalence in a healthy, vaccinated person infected with an omicron variant is at least 1 in 20,...

...Studies show that 75% of long COVID cases result from a mild infection, 85% of cases still have symptoms after a year, only 27% of patients can work at the same levels they did prior to infection and 23% can’t work at all, patients often have a lower quality of life than lung cancer patients, vaccines modestly reduce the odds and repeat infections may increase the odds. We know anybody can get long COVID. And we don’t know how long it lasts...

...The public is choosing to forego masks, boosters and other mitigation efforts with the understanding that they only need to worry about hospitalization and death. There is no informed consent around the risk they are taking on — they are victims of misinformation about infection risk and are unwittingly playing roulette with their health. Would everyone change their behavior if they understood the risk of long COVID?

Edited by lazarus
@@

5 hours ago, fforest said:

Collapse of buildings is rare as they are designed to withstand foreseeable events. But there are collapses due to factors including fire. As far as collapsing vertically down into its own footprint that is due to gravity, whether the structure has a period in freefall and resistance below.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-38675628

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Surfside_condominium_collapse